Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So after yet another July update I have finally decided my order my backup car, the Lucid Grand Touring. Only downside- it's not an SUV. But I can no longer ignore the 516 mile range that car offers while also being very luxurious. They offer free Electrify America charging for 3 years (granted it's not like early Tesla folks with unlimited supercharging). Dream Drive Pro (their version of FSD) for free. A fully refundable deposit of $1k (unlike Tesla), if needed. Their exterior & interior color options are not an any extra cost. Oh I have a dedicated agent whose already spoken to me at length and we've had 4 emails exchanged back and forth within a matter of literally minutes of me reaching out. Delivery guaranteed within Q2 2022. Not really Tesla's fault here, but we get the $7,500 federal tax credit (assuming Biden's 'Build Back Better' goes nowhere). Cost $139k vs Plaid $130k. Way more bang for your buck!
I sat in one a few weeks ago. It's very nice and I would get one but I really need the SUV

Reactions: bhramabull
the lady that I spoke with today thought that that date would not be correct for people with old orders that we would end up seeing VIN’s sooner than that. take that as you will
"...that we would end up seeing VIN’s sooner later than that. take that as you will must [you have no choice]"

I want to know what the freaking date is going to next month on March 16? Going to move to Dec 22?
I would rather say this date is more close than the ones which were getting every month, pushing month by a month does not make any sense. It seems they now are getting more realistic towards July. It may change however pushing it by 3 months proves the trend of their deliveries.

I was expecting the car to be worst-case in May 2022, it seems TESLA believes in anniversaries 😂 so ensuring everyone has one before the car is delivered. 🤣

With plaids also got pushed means there is something seriously missing on the parts.

Where do you see the 80% median income limit? There has been multiple drafts of an Illinois EV credit bill and you have to confirm it is the one that was actually passed.
It was there in the draft but removed from the final version. When the bill passed I didn’t even bother as I thought I would get my X long before July and now here we are. I won’t be surprised if the rebates expire before I get my X

Last edited:
I am not 100% sure if Plaid is worth the extra 30K.
I'll post some pics when the weather improves and I can get it out in the open.
That's a subjective personal preference of course. The extra $10K for plaid buys you performance that beats multi million dollar hypercars that have no cargo or luggage space.

Was it ever a $30K price difference. It's currently $10K. I thought the LR only went up $15K which would have made the maximum difference way back when $25K.

Here in Austin the new car delivery is in a church parking lot with no Tesla employees around. You can peek in the windows but you can’t open the doors until you take delivery.

We picked up our X Plaid a few days ago. It looked fine from the outside but attached are a few of the pics of issues I found inside. These can all be fixed by the SC but it’s a hassle.

I wonder if these issues are the reason for the delay to July for the Long Range.

The driver and passenger seat seem to be missing stuffing. Almost all the seats have cracks, the trim by the floor is bent to a point it won’t bend back, and the windshield has bad waves. The “NO BRAKES” paper was in the center console along with some other trash from the vehicles testing. It had 18 miles on it.

On a positive note the exterior fit and finish was outstanding.

If this is their current state of quality, everyone who just had their April orders pushed to July should probably be happy😥