Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hello. Me again with the unpopular opinions :)

I hope the X does not get the new tail lights...
I believe the black bar spanning left to right adds appeal and personality. Removing the black bar makes it look a little more... average.
Also the less defined spoiler makes it look like an M3
I don’t care, as long as they bring new headlight. For me, I like the new rear’s cleaner loo…anyway whether it’s looking good or not is purely subjective.

Reactions: Gurl3x4me
781666C1-B4ED-43C7-9D94-7AF0863F636E.jpeg

Just got it ceramic coated. Tint and painting the calipers later this week.

I got my 2022 MXLR there yesterday, a 90-minute drive for me from Connecticut.

Metered street parking for the car you come with (crowded even on Sunday). Their two little lots were filled with Teslas; our main worry was trying not to bash the driver and front passenger doors into the cars beside us, or have them bash us. Didn't dare lift the FWD.

We arrived five minutes before our appointment, and they were still wiping our car down for dust and grime. No scratches at least.

We worked through the checklist as best we could. Only one flaw that I've found so far (I've driven the X 200 miles in two days).

Driver's door lines up nicely:
AM-JKLWDqFlz8naOY-glggLk_r3Q76-h8EDPXzKtLwtkfO85YMrvfUdwTy6kR1Rd7gQm_2zE5g0O1yfKfj8LOsQmz-pkxirSQyl3zJ5M--Zw8EWUtmXd13rdcZekRfdokJeCmPk01-_2CWxjrANvHpRwvR_8Ng=w1778-h2370-no

Passenger door not so much. Seals seem tight; no wind noise. What do you-all think?
AM-JKLX_xeMikni_tO0zSNa3aDb8YDJ6oqTJfGSk1syvzi61L9N91qhY4uKlXOPinqXlgZj_nE0MdUhFUWtptc1u9d4dM3kIthNJ9a8M_xF_sibuoPL0bxkTW7J_FfcUXVQg251szzbEZTSv5cKyPI4PSx18iA=w1778-h2370-no

Here it is at home:
AM-JKLUg_ImoLEkn0cL5hHTrZ8TAE89UU4o0wm3uPIqgWoLJz5gLO6TQLjSc9Cio8rCbCvjJ68TimFX1xV-iKlCMpPAY_RRjSpU4c6C8yOhwAAO1gNLv-bEDerzTooj-i-0Pcj2udt_DQ3n0d7xr20-Vu_4eJA=w2318-h1740-no
Looks great 👍

Is Tesla shipping the X with the new charging ports that don't need an adapter in the US? I think they were called the CSS2 ports?

I'm supposed to take delivery this Saturday and am wondering if mine will need the adapter.
As of yet, No. No US models have been delivered with CCS2 ports.
Some speculate that, and Adaptive Headlights are coming though... I wouldn't wait on it.
If it follows the way of Europe, You can retrofit it in the future.

Hello. Me again with the unpopular opinions :)

I hope the X does not get the new tail lights...
I believe the black bar spanning left to right adds appeal and personality. Removing the black bar makes it look a little more... average.
Also the less defined spoiler makes it look like an M3

View attachment 772298MX Refresh tail design
View attachment 772300MS Refresh with old tail design
View attachment 772297 New tail design
...but, does the new taillight actually have better lighting for reversing? Looks like it might be brighter.

But it may be the beginning of a transition to CCS. Years from now it will be a pain to drive a proprietary Tesla as you will need adapters to use most chargers. Plus this simplifies global production. No different than Apple transitioning to USB-C. It's a bit painful during the transition but everyone is better off.
I fear you may be right, they may transition to ccs2. But that connector is a pig. It's one of those committee designed things. What, six times larger than the Tesla connector? For those of you who don't know it's a j1772 with two big pins just slapped on at the bottom. Not exactly svelte.

I really hope they go the other way around and supply an adapter for CCS cars to use the Tesla plug. Tesla's is much, much more elegant than the ccs bureaucratically designed unit. If you've not held a ccs unit in your hand, go to an electrify America station and do so. You'll be shocked at the size difference.

I fear you may be right, they may transition to ccs2. But that connector is a pig. It's one of those committee designed things. What, six times larger than the Tesla connector? For those of you who don't know it's a j1772 with two big pins just slapped on at the bottom. Not exactly svelte.

I really hope they go the other way around and supply an adapter for CCS cars to use the Tesla plug. Tesla's is much, much more elegant than the ccs bureaucratically designed unit. If you've not held a ccs unit in your hand, go to an electrify America station and do so. You'll be shocked at the size difference.
So do you have the option to use the J1772 portion only?