Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X LR that I reserved in October 2021 went from September estimate to March 6-31. My other Model X LR that I reserved June 2021 is still stuck at July after having it earlier be February then March then April. Tesla wants to deliver me the $10k higher priced Model X first.

Well I for one am shocked! that Tesla is engaging in these shady, greedy practices... Never saw that coming

My wife has an early 2016 Model X and by mid-2020 she asked to upgrade to a new build. I told her to wait a few months as the refresh was rumored. Six months later in January 2021 the refresh was announced, with delivery sometime around April. Then delays, delays, delays. After the latest delay to July 2022, she was not very happy with Tesla!

So I ended up buying a 01/22 build from Charged Automotive Lincoln, NE Your Electric Vehicle Dealer. ~40 miles on. Arrived from Nebraska to FL in 3 days. Paid a premium but happy wife happy life! They offered a few thousand more for the P90D trade-in than Tesla quoted as well.

Still keeping the July reservation. Maybe I can flip it as well after delivery.

IMG_3723.jpeg

IMG_3726.jpeg

I'm not sure "virtue signaling" means what you think it means. You probably mean fanboys/apologists?
No, I actually meant virtue signaling. There were a lot of people trying to dictate how we should respond to Tesla’s shenanigans and whether or not we should get frustrated in the first place. There was a lot of commentary on the individual psychology of how to handle this mess.

That said, I do believe that fanboys and apologists also exist! I definitely get your point. I guess my point is that many of us have a legitimate and absolutely justifiable reason to be pissed off.

View attachment 772513

I have a delivery date!!! Not a moment too soon, too. This is my model s after a “snow squall” this weekend 😭

Thankfully all the people are fine. The car did its job and kept us safe.
Damn dude. I'm glad you're ok. This is my fear every time I'm in traffic in my new baby. I'd hate to be back in the waiting line being dead last. Who am I kidding though. I'd probably still get it before @jbrowdy due to his luck 😉

Delivery scheduled for tomorrow a.m. at my house. Tesla said we need to submit payment before they can deliver the car. I told them I would prefer to wait until I looked over the car and accepted delivery. They said this could pushback by delivery date.

It appears the general consensus is not to submit payment until you actually accept delivery. Correct?
It may not be possible with home delivery. Even with Service Center delivery, I had to pay the night before.

Reactions: A00mustang2nv
It may not be possible with home delivery. Even with Service Center delivery, I had to pay the night before.

It's definitely possible when picking up at the service center, unless you live in one of the states that require payment before the car arrives at the SC..... Don't let the SA bully you in to paying before you inspect the car.... You are well within your rights to inspect the car before submitting payment.

Delivery scheduled for tomorrow a.m. at my house. Tesla said we need to submit payment before they can deliver the car. I told them I would prefer to wait until I looked over the car and accepted delivery. They said this could pushback by delivery date.

It appears the general consensus is not to submit payment until you actually accept delivery. Correct?
If you're ok with something going wrong after paying, and waiting for the fixes. If you're easy with that, all good.

No, I actually meant virtue signaling. There were a lot of people trying to dictate how we should respond to Tesla’s shenanigans and whether or not we should get frustrated in the first place. There was a lot of commentary on the individual psychology of how to handle this mess.

That said, I do believe that fanboys and apologists also exist! I definitely get your point. I guess my point is that many of us have a legitimate and absolutely justifiable reason to be pissed off.
I believe there are whiners and carpet tantrumers and mom-wipes-they-assers here and in life, in addition. Complete perspective is good.

Do not feel pressured into accepting the car no matter what the delivery person says or does. The delivery is not done until you are satisfied that you are receiving the car in new, undamaged condition. Do not believe them if they say you have to click accept to inspect the inside of the car. They can easily open it for you. If you find something significant and they have left, you are stuck having them come back to tow your car to a service center like mine. Hoping things go smoothly for you, it should be a fun experience, not a "gotcha" moment.

That's one of the things that keeps me going... I am paying 15K less for this.... It's like having instant equity on a depreciating asset which is unheard of.
Technically you're correct although Tesla also reduced their prices more than once so once supply chain will be on track prices can fall back because as I previously said, in my uneducated opinion...the car doesn't worth the current prices and Personally I wouldn't pay today's pricing.
someone said that the market disagree with me but also the same market is willing to buy a purse for $4,000 just because it carry a certain name but in reality is it that much better than a purse you can buy on amazon for $100?!
I'm sure that in 3-4 years from now BMW and MB will will catch up with the electric cars and then Tesla will feel the pain.
Those that are stating the charging infrastructure will never be beaten are correct...FOR NOW! Tesla has already open their chargers to other cars outside the us and soon it will be nothing but another source of income for Tesla with complete disregard of Tesla owners that will wait in line after someone else is charging their MUCH better quality BMW/MB

Reactions: 1pinhigh