Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You know the funny thing about all the competition “catching up” to tesla in 3, 4, 5 years etc is that this assumes Tesla stands still and does nothing. They won’t..competition is trying to catch a moving target that is still innovating and investing in R&D and vertical integration.

I personally think it will be the 2030s until we see serious erosion of teslas market share. Remember the EV market as a whole is growing faster than Tesla can ramp up volume so Tesla can sell as many cars as it can make while on paper having a shrinking percentage of overall EV sales.

I know this is off topic but my EDD is still July and I have zero hope since I ordered a 5 seater.

You know the funny thing about all the competition “catching up” to tesla in 3, 4, 5 years etc is that this assumes Tesla stands still and does nothing. They won’t..competition is trying to catch a moving target that is still innovating and investing in R&D and vertical integration.

I personally think it will be the 2030s until we see serious erosion of teslas market share. Remember the EV market as a whole is growing faster than Tesla can ramp up volume so Tesla can sell as many cars as it can make while on paper having a shrinking percentage of overall EV sales.

I know this is off topic but my EDD is still July and I have zero hope since I ordered a 5 seater.
Agreed, however the rate of innovation eventually slows. Look at the iPhone, all they can talk about is the slightly larger cameras each year.

Also over the last 24 months they've pissed off a lot of loyal buyers. I just put a reservation on a BMW iX because my February 2021 order is now showing August 2022 and I have a 2nd kid coming in September.

I won't forgive them for forcing me to buy possibly the most ugly car on the road. :-/

I also had to cancel my Plaid+ and buy a Porsche Turbo at the end of last year.

Hope doesn't begin until we hear about a 5-seater being delivered. I ordered mine on 5-2-21 so we are in the same boat with no horizon in sight.

Reactions: 1pinhigh
So I called and upgraded my 9/3/21 model XLR order to a plaid. Kept everything else the same (Black/black 20’ 6 seater no FSD). Person I talked to said it wouldn’t affect my place in line. Anyone else done that have success ? Current EDD is July (and highly doubt that I would get it then since everyone seems to be slated in July), since plaids seem to be coming quicker I assume it might help get it sooner.

Reactions: BamaATL
My Model X LR that I reserved in October 2021 went from September estimate to March 6-31. My other Model X LR that I reserved June 2021 is still stuck at July after having it earlier be February then March then April. Tesla wants to deliver me the $10k higher priced Model X first.
Are they both the same configuration, or is it that Tesla wants to deliver you the 6 seater before the 5/7 seater.

Reactions: ironwill96
So I called and upgraded my 9/3/21 model XLR order to a plaid. Kept everything else the same (Black/black 20’ 6 seater no FSD). Person I talked to said it wouldn’t affect my place in line. Anyone else done that have success ? Current EDD is July (and highly doubt that I would get it then since everyone seems to be slated in July), since plaids seem to be coming quicker I assume it might help get it sooner.
What number did you call? I tried asking my SA about changing my 7 to a 6
seater and he said he cannot guarantee if it will affect my “place in line”, so I didn’t pull the trigger.

Screen Shot 2022-02-22 at 1.27.54 PM.png

Probably should issue a trigger warning about the alignment.

As the story goes, Tesla is Usain Bolt halfway down the track, while the others are still tying their shoes.

Last edited:
  • Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1 and Stro

You’ll most likely jump to the front of the line. They are prioritizing Plaid orders from the looks of it.

I ordered LR in Aug. July EDD.

I placed a separate order for a Plaid 1/1/22. Got a VIN last weekend. EDD 3/8-3/12.

Stop the presses! When did they move the charge port door to the passenger side? My charger cable won't reach that far which will require changing some things.
Maybe its for Europe. To me, the old taillights with the solid red is nicer and more upscale then the more normal looking new tail lights. But I'll deal with that if I can get matrix headlights in the deal.