Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
It is disabled.
Have you tried rebooting it?
1645597366503.png

Anyone know how to call your actual Tesla store? It seems like when you call the store number it just sends you over to the general Tesla line. I would like to talk about the delivery I have this week and the SA hasn’t answered on the line I’ve used in the past in a while. Store is Cherry Hill NJ if that matters.

Just select the call tree # for parts and that will get you to a live person.

From Model S thread. I think we will find it informative:

"I can now clear up a few things since this is in the air:
S line change (everything I mentioned in original post) is NOT complete but should be this week, so deliveries in ~1-2 weeks
I am not sure if appliqué will end up body colored or black. I've seen both. Most recent mules I've seen have body color and that's my guess.
S/X do NOT have radar anymore and running pure vision now (idk if this is actually new but it was called out on what's been shared with me)
X line change is already complete and deliveries as soon as 1-2 days from now
X does NOT have this new headlights, only rear changes
My order remains on hold until I hear about a few other things, but I expect to lift it shortly."

S line change (everything I mentioned in original post) is NOT complete but should be this week, so deliveries in ~1-2 weeks
I am not sure if appliqué will end up body colored or black. I've seen both. Most recent mules I've seen have body color and that's my guess.
S/X do NOT have radar anymore and running pure vision now (idk if this is actually new but it was called out on what's been shared with me)
My order remains on hold until I hear about a few other things, but I expect to lift it shortly."
It always seems to be about compromise. Not sure I like the sounds of the changes - eliminating radar is a mistake in my opinion since Tesla doesn't have everything in place to ensure that the cameras stay clean and clear (washers, wipers, heaters, effective hydrophobic coatings, etc) nor are they effective when the sunlight hits them at the right angle blinding them. Frankly I think they need additional cameras around the car because it's definitely not a true 360 view so far as I can tell.

Sucks that they're not putting in the matrix headlights if all of this is true.

It always seems to be about compromise. Not sure I like the sounds of the changes - eliminating radar is a mistake in my opinion since Tesla doesn't have everything in place to ensure that the cameras stay clean and clear (washers, wipers, heaters, effective hydrophobic coatings, etc) nor are they effective when the sunlight hits them at the right angle blinding them. Frankly I think they need additional cameras around the car because it's definitely not a true 360 view so far as I can tell.

Agreed. I want the headlights way more than rear changes or new charging port. Headlights are a big safety benefit and you can't rely on Tesla to actually make a retrofit. They have issues delivering on anything even if you've paid for it. They're just not trustworthy.

Radar has been awesome and getting rid of it is pure hubris. I also occasionally need more than 80mph on some highways and vision is more limited than radar (period).

Have you tried rebooting it?
View attachment 772775
I did. Yes.

Wow. This sucks to hear. Now I wonder if mine has radar being a 1/22 build.

Reactions: TrevTremaine

Excellent point.. and no matter what they say I am never going to buy this B.S. spin they gave us about vision being superior..... I just don't see why they couldn't do both? if you are trying to make the best autonomous vehicle in the world and get to level 5 why not just have vision + radar working together? I honestly think they were either hit with parts shortages for the radar system and decided to pivot or just plain decided to cut corners and save money to increase profits..... Either way its a really crappy situation..... You don't have to be an engineer to know that having radar at least for some situations is beneficial, even if you use vision as the main tool, there are certain times where having radar kick in could be crucial.

Excellent point.. and no matter what they say I am never going to buy this B.S. spin they gave us about vision being superior..... I just don't see why they couldn't do both? if you are trying to make the best autonomous vehicle in the world and get to level 5 why not just have vision + radar working together? I honestly think they were either hit with parts shortages for the radar system and decided to pivot or just plain decided to cut corners and save money to increase profits..... Either way its a really crappy situation..... You don't have to be an engineer to know that having radar at least for some situations is beneficial, even if you use vision as the main tool, there are certain times where having radar kick in could be crucial.
I've got a 2018 Model 3 Peformance and a 2020 Taycan Turbo. Even with the radar the Taycan is much smoother in stop/go traffic on the highway.

Owners who have vision only are reporting chronic phantom braking.
It's too early to cut this over... get the software right then change the hardware.

My wife will have zero tolerance for even one phantom braking experience with our kids in the car. Looks like the X is off the table now.

If nothing else, it's a redundant system to have radar - which is what you want in the case of a "blinding" event. I know there's caveats in LIDAR, but I think the people who are working on it are making it function better too - the technology is evolving and should continue to be looked at as a possibility in the future. Other companies are looking at multiple redundant systems partly because they don't want the lawsuits, but another part is being responsible in research and development. Again, if nothing else it's a redundant/failsafe system should something within the camera system fail even temporarily. I've had too many instances of "camera not available" which leaves an exposure if AutoPilot/FSD were engaged [not the exact message, but it's to the point]. If you're telling me that the radar system is doing nothing, I don't believe it.

I'm really not happy with no radar. I'm trading in a radar S with FSD and Tesla has failed for over a year to replace my cameras with FSD capable ones. Keep that in mind if Tesla ever says they'll take care of buyers. They don't care once they've got your money. It's then their timetable and at their convenience even if prepaid.
I had the CPU upgraded from 2.5 to 3 on my M3 as they had promised. So they do keep some of their promises.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
I had the CPU upgraded from 2.5 to 3 on my M3 as they had promised. So they do keep some of their promises.

Sure, I got HW3 but that's useless without cameras. I paid over 5 years ago. Like usual they decide what's fair. Just a warning to others that what Tesla promises isn't always delivered.

We were sold tilting screens and radar and they've taken both and still not delivered. Things change but it isn't always a win.

Reactions: Elixir
I have a VIN! Finally! Happened sometime btwn yesterday afternoon and now. My date range has narrowed as well (was March 9-31). MXLR black | black | OG 6 seats | 20” | no FSD. Ordered 1/9/21. Atlanta. Yay!

No movement at all on my Back-up Plaid Experiment order from 2/12/22 BTW. I might feel comfy canceling that once I actually make it to delivery day😬 So happy my original order at old pricing with $2000 credit is the one that finally came through.

Attachments

• 4AF29C9A-52C9-45B3-AB52-A283418AA206.jpeg
    4AF29C9A-52C9-45B3-AB52-A283418AA206.jpeg
    142.7 KB · Views: 67

Can you provide a link to the S thread?

Reactions: Elixir
I have a VIN! Finally! Happened sometime btwn yesterday afternoon and now. My date range has narrowed as well (was March 9-31). MXLR black | black | OG 6 seats | 20” | no FSD. Ordered 1/9/21. Atlanta. Yay!

No movement at all on my Back-up Plaid Experiment order from 2/12/22 BTW. I might feel comfy canceling that once I actually make it to delivery day😬 So happy my original order at old pricing with $2000 credit is the one that finally came through.
Whats the rest of the vin, you covered the 2 of the 3 most important numbers for tracking here

1/9/21 order x_x so February orders may actually be July haha