Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now that I've worked out all the financing/etc I'm finally getting excited again! Driving around in a rental Jeep Compass for a little bit doesn't hurt the anticipation either, TBH...

A couple of questions for folks who know:

1). What are the current best fitting winter mats? I had 3D maxpider mats in my S which were fine, though I hated the "3D" logo.

2). How is the audio? Where is the subwoofer located, and is it strong enough to satisfy someone who listens to a lot of electronic music (my wife)?

3). Are the 22" tires decent/all season or should I prepare to order a set of winter tires right off the bat?

I already have XPEL stealth and tinting scheduled. And also possibly blacking out the Ts, jury is out on that until I see it in person.

Reactions: Kaos_X
I mean, sorry if i get your hopes up, but if you look at Feb '21 and earlier 6 seat orders in CA from the spread sheet, there are a lot of people without deliveries, but as far as I can tell most of them there is no one with a matching username on this forum (all the red names), or they don't post at all, so i am suspicious that these people just never bothered coming back to fill in their status. It is basically you and @DelPhonic1 that don't have your cars yet. Might want to poke your SA.

Edit: i realize after that my technique of searching the forum for user name doesn't actually show anything unless apparently someone quotes or @'s them, so i'll do this again looking for actual user names.

Edit 2: I updated the graphic after spelunking the forum. Several users had deliveries and never updated the sheet so i filled in their info. Red names are ones that don't have a forum username, or haven't posted recently. Purple names are the ones that are active and haven't taken delivery.

View attachment 773285

I love the research you did here. Others might not say thank you but we are certainly all thinking it! :)

I look at this spreadsheet daily and frequently wonder how skewed the numbers may be. For instance, 137 entries (27.4%) have outdated EDDs. I wonder how many people who are not as enthusiastic as we are simply entered their data once and never came back.

Some speculative math:
Of the 77 deliveries (15.4%) and 500 total entries, you might be able to assume then that 15.4% of the 137 outdated entries have taken delivery (22 additional).. bringing the total delivery count to 99 MX deliveries.

Yes. seems like the production is low somehow.:oops: Ideally, it should grow with the quarter-end push coming up. Looks like they want to stick to the July timeframe. I would be surprised if we get the car before July now.:rolleyes:

Just a speculation.. I think the test track may be misleading.. Look at all the M3 and MY cars that they produce. Right off the assembly line and straight onto a truck. It is possible the test track was just a holding area for cars that needed extra attention. We are also seeing deliveries with less miles on the car now where at the beginning cars were being delivered with 100+ miles on them. Less cars out there might actually be a good thing.

Looking at the latest delivery user reports and seeing the test track empty tells me that they might actually be starting to truly ramp up production.

Historical Data Points
DateOrdersVINsDeliveredOrders Net AddDelivery Net Add
11/27/2021158921582
12/1/2118292240
12/9/202124892660
12/10/2021276122280
12/12/21289133131
12/14/202129613370
12/16/202130316572
12/19/202130918560
12/22/202131519762
12/28/20213312311164
1/4/202235935222811
1/10/20223854026264
1/14/20223994330144
1/20/20224144731151
1/27/20224245139108
2/3/20224436142193
2/10/202247371523010
2/17/202248479621110
2/24/2022500105771615

In the last 4 weeks we have almost doubled VINs and deliveries 🤷‍♂️🤞

FC9C3716-C362-42D8-86B8-B297B0C72219.jpeg

Hmmmm. This wheel looks familiar….🤔

• Funny
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
since @Stro is meeting folks in Texas, who has an MX around Orange County willing to let folks around here check it out (no pressure 🤑) - can't ask @AFBruin since i believe he has newborns when he mentioned he had to quickly go home - i'll be glad to let folks see my Plaid if i ever get it lol
I don’t mind if someone wants to set this up. We could do a lunch somewhere or something. I get it back from getting my tint and calipers done tomorrow. Just PM me.

Reactions: lexus26 and Stro
Yeah they are just flying around so fast they are just hard to spot…..
One of the Tesla flew over river. So yeah, they really can fly.

• Funny
Reactions: DelPhonic1
Just went to the SC to see my car prior to delivery tomorrow. Was filthy dirty -- amazing that they don't cover cars of this value when trucking them, but whatever -- there were no apparent dents or scratches or otherwise blemishes on the paint or glass or exterior trim... There was a minor front hood panel misalignment (most buyers wouldn't notice it) and a minor misalignment on a falcon wing door. The service manager was gracious enough to come out in the rain and look, speak to his technicians after I left and call me up within an hour and say that his overnight team would take care of the issues and have the car ready for tomorrow. I must say, it was incredibly impressive given they are delivering 75 cars over the next 48 hours.... I know nothing at this point re: the inside of the car (looked great from the outside) or the actual function of the falcon wing doors. Also, the car has a 2/12 manufacturer date and it still has the "old" taillights and charger set up... which is what I wanted! I also looked at some plaid S's coming off the car carrier and they also still had the old taillight set up. Devon PA SC.
Ha, i was there same time frame as you today. Saw my Plaid X. Still had white tape around front and back. Looked pretty decent. Slight misalignment on passenger FWD. and a small one on trunk lid as well. Not too bad. Will post pics here to see if anyone else had the same misalignment and if they were able to get Tesla to fix.

door was unlocked which was weird. But i only opened passenger front. Didn’t want to alert the kind folks there by opening the FWD and start snooping around, but slight dirt on console, and car is pretty dirty from trip, but paint looked good overall. The alignment issues pale in comparison to my Model S Plaid i got in September. Holy alignment issues with trunk.

Here are some pics i took today, delivery set for this Sat 2/26. Wife’s B-Day, super cool timing… But she’s not counting this as a birthday present 😐.

Anyway, just curious if anyone has had slight misalignments like these and had Tesla SC fix them? Or no chance?

Attachments

• 13735AC0-CD8F-43D7-8D16-77B605248116.jpeg
    13735AC0-CD8F-43D7-8D16-77B605248116.jpeg
    476.8 KB · Views: 87
  • D585E1F1-63E6-4DC1-BCF7-B0DAAF28931F.jpeg
    D585E1F1-63E6-4DC1-BCF7-B0DAAF28931F.jpeg
    508.7 KB · Views: 83
  • 0803397A-7C1C-4011-8D4E-EEFA7D5D8F9C.jpeg
    0803397A-7C1C-4011-8D4E-EEFA7D5D8F9C.jpeg
    526.3 KB · Views: 91
Here are some pics i took today, delivery set for this Sat 2/26. Wife’s B-Day, super cool timing… But she’s not counting this as a birthday present 😐.

Anyway, just curious if anyone has had slight misalignments like these and had Tesla SC fix them? Or no chance?
For the door, they'll say that the handle is aligned and that's the best they can do. The trunk they should be able to fix.

Reactions: yerEVan
I will say this regarding autopilot vs FSD as I has FSD in my M3 and now I’m back in the queue for it with my MX.

Autopilot still has a lot of phantom braking compared to FSD, although I’ve only experienced it on the highway (most dangerous place). It requires pressing the accelerator to pass green lights and confuses blinking yellow lights for regular ones so it slows quickly which could potentially cause a wreck. With FSD, green lights were never a problem and it never confuses blinking yellow lights for regular ones.

I will admit that I’m sooooo glad I got FSD now that I’ve seen where we were before FSD. It’s autopilot on steroids and a must-have.
Update on this. I took my first 50+ mile trip today. The phantom braking is NUTS. It almost got me hit a few times so I'm laying off of Autopilot until I get FSD beta. I'm not sure if I have bad cameras or what. But that scared the crap out of me. We'll see how my trip back home goes tonight.

Today's latest video - little, if any, change from the last one.

[edit: looks like a really slow production day - not that much going through the Logistics Lot]
Could be that they already got whatever part(s) was missing and got rid of the old inventory. Hopefully now they are producing and shipping which will be a more predictable schedule for upcoming deliveries. Just a thought

Update on this. I took my first 50+ mile trip today. The phantom braking is NUTS. It almost got me hit a few times so I'm laying off of Autopilot until I get FSD beta. I'm not sure if I have bad cameras or what. But that scared the crap out of me. We'll see how my trip back home goes tonight.
So there’s a road near my home that the Y was doing a lot of phantom braking - and a certain somebody couldn’t tolerate it. (To me I’m just lol and move on).

Solution: I set the max FSD speed to 20 mph below the speed limit, and I control the actual speed myself with the accelerator. Bingo FSD now drives pretty much like a human. And btw within the same version it is getting better and better. 🤷🏼‍♂️

I reason that by controlling the speed, I’m actively teaching FSD to ignore the phantom fears it has because I keep the speed at the speed limit.