Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What is this groups view on delivery in California (Fremont) vs. outside of California. If you're willing to fly to Fremont, deal with the California tax recoup that you'd need to do with your state DMV , do we think there is a priority given to vehicles that are easy for Tesla to deliver vs. putting them on trucks to East Coast, Midwest, Southeast, etc.?

I'm considering changing my Plaid & Long Range order to Fremont to accelerate delivery, but want to get the general opinions of this group if this truly has impacts to delivery priority.

Charge to 100% first peeps, to calibrate that battery. 💯
"Tesla has already issued an internal memo recommending new owners charge their LFP battery to 100% as soon as possible after taking delivery."

Yes this is not correct. LFP only for some model 3 vehicles only with that battery. Sorry for the misinformation!!! Can't seem to delete this post!

Reactions: n.one.one
What is this groups view on delivery in California (Fremont) vs. outside of California. If you're willing to fly to Fremont, deal with the California tax recoup that you'd need to do with your state DMV , do we think there is a priority given to vehicles that are easy for Tesla to deliver vs. putting them on trucks to East Coast, Midwest, Southeast, etc.?

I'm considering changing my Plaid & Long Range order to Fremont to accelerate delivery, but want to get the general opinions of this group if this truly has impacts to delivery priority.
If you have the extra money go plaid. Honestly it’s preference even if I had plaid I would barely use the 0-60 fast speed.

So I’m sticking to my LR I have a Ford raptor right now and it’s fun so I’m ok to wait

Reactions: Kitt9000
The joke early on was that only California was getting their cars delivered. Lately, it seems like it’s only non- california. My 2/21/21 order still stuck on July edd.
1/27/21 order here still stuck on July. My SA continues to say that they have ZERO information on when my car could be available. I feel like they have gotten through the backlog of all pre-refresh orders at this point and im the last one standing for day one of the refresh orders at this point. 13 month wait and counting....

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Update on my battery/range issue:

I charged to 100% yesterday afternoon. It reached 315. This morning, when I got into my car to take kids to school, it was still at 315. So here is my data:

From Home to School (10 miles) - MX consumed 10 miles (3%) - 294 Wh/mi
From School to Home (10 miles) - MX consumed 8 miles (3%) - 281 Wh/mi

I will continue to monitor my battery until I reach 0 or as close to it as possible.
Sorry, maybe you explained previously - but why is your MX getting 315 @ 100% - shouldn't it be 330? Or is your signature block wrong, and it is a Plaid model?

I am sure you know this: but I would not be charging to 100% and going all the way to 0... just for the heck of it - try to keep it in the 80-20 range, unless you are doing a longer distance drive...

1/27/21 order here still stuck on July. My SA continues to say that they have ZERO information on when my car could be available. I feel like they have gotten through the backlog of all pre-refresh orders at this point and im the last one standing for day one of the refresh orders at this point. 13 month wait and counting....
Are you in CA? 6 seat?

Edit: I see you are in LA.

You’re hardly alone. You’ve just described almost everyone in this thread. Deliveries are the exception, not the rule.

Nope you definitely are not the only one.

Sorry, maybe you explained previously - but why is your MX getting 315 @ 100% - shouldn't it be 330? Or is your signature block wrong, and it is a Plaid model?

I am sure you know this: but I would not be charging to 100% and going all the way to 0... just for the heck of it - try to keep it in the 80-20 range, unless you are doing a longer distance drive...
22" wheels take the extra mileage

Reactions: DelPhonic1
So I called Tesla this morning to see if my X had arrived yet/I could take delivery sooner since I'm in a rental car after the accident. I just got a text from the local delivery team that my X arrived this morning and pending inspection they can get me on the schedule for tomorrow!!!

OK now seriously, all weather floor mats... what's the current best? Weather is still hit or miss here so I need some ASAP.

I have an LR, hence why I'm posting my findings. You're correct that it shows I should be at 330. Don't understand why I have 315. And the only reason I charged to 100% and bringing it down to 0% is to refresh the battery to recalibrate it. I usually only charge up to 70-80% unless planning a long distance trip.

22" wheels take the extra mileage
The website shows the 22" wheels config at 330 miles vs 348 for 20" wheels. But Tesla could have that wrong and it be a much bigger drop than 18 miles to use 22" wheels. We'll see what the recalibrated value is.

So I called Tesla this morning to see if my X had arrived yet/I could take delivery sooner since I'm in a rental car after the accident. I just got a text from the local delivery team that my X arrived this morning and pending inspection they can get me on the schedule for tomorrow!!!

OK now seriously, all weather floor mats... what's the current best? Weather is still hit or miss here so I need some ASAP.
Honestly, I dig the new all weather mats Tesla sells. They fit perfectly! Unfortunately, that's only for the front. I've ordered the 2nd and 3rd row 3D Maxspider ones people mentioned. They haven't arrived yet to give it a review.

Tested this on my route to and from school this morning. A few stretches are 45+ miles per hour. I couldn't replicate what you're mentioning unfortunately.
That’s funny I drove the car to the detailed this morning to have the ceramic coating and at one point I got confused and was straddling too lanes and it did the “shudder” so I’m 99% sure that it is the lane drift warning system… thx!

Reactions: Stro
The website shows the 22" wheels config at 330 miles vs 348 for 20" wheels. But Tesla could have that wrong and it be a much bigger drop than 18 miles to use 22" wheels. We'll see what the recalibrated value is.

Honestly, I dig the new all weather mats Tesla sells. They fit perfectly! Unfortunately, that's only for the front. I've ordered the 2nd and 3rd row 3D Maxspider ones people mentioned. They haven't arrived yet to give it a review.
I had the maxspider mats in my S... they're really good *except* the ugly plastichrome "3D" logo. I guess if they were just in the back I'd never notice 🤣

Unfortunately it seems the Tesla mats are sold out :\. I'll ask my local shop if they have any.

• Funny
Reactions: sorka

Apologies to be late to this conversation but I thought the 3d spider ones didn’t fit the MX Refresh yet? When I go on the website they seem to be only through 2021 but not 2022?? Thanks