Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
something about this new charge port feels off - I think the older LED ring feels much more premium. I get the illuminated Tesla logo a la 3/Y, but the placement feels off - kinds shoved up in the corner of the charge area.

Reactions: Mineobi
He lost focus around the time Porsche provided everything to do the cannonball to beat the Tesla record he made
yes and he didn't disclose how much Porsche helped him to beat the record by tweaking his car before his departure. And he had his YouTube fan spotters across the country checking out the chargers in front of him, since non-Tesla chargers are so unreliable. I flinch every time he hacks on Tesla on his videos, especially for no reason. "That model 3 battery degradation!! I'll have to tell you about that battery degradation oh Christ!!" He must be on the Volkswagen(meaning Porsche) payroll.

The same situation here in China, no news at all. I ordered my MXLR, 6 seater on 02/19/2021 when the EDD was shown Q3 2021> Q4 2021>Q1 2022>end of 2022, then disappear. Feel frustrated when seeing Shanghai Giga factory is producing plenty of 3&Y. Elon once said that tesla expect shipments outside of North America to begin in the second half of 2022. Hope he is right this time.

As european Tesla model x waiter, seems that there is on 18 of 514 orders here on Tesla motors club spreadsheet directed to Europe.
First seems to be very old 19/09/2020 so it`s before launch of refresh.

Tesla stopped to take orders of model X outside US markets in december 2021 so there is whole year of orders between that norway 2020 and December 2021 date, but only 18 of 514 is listed here what is only 3% of all orders in spreadsheet.

They informed that stop to take orders was caused on high demand and long ( risky on economical side ) lean time.

My opinion is that on those few orders, assume we are about prox 10% of all model X total orders there could be some 200 at all to fullifie
in Europe and like you US guys, they could even try to give us some EDD. my was as the beginning "before end of 2022" but that has now dissapeared
from my account.

Now rough calculatuons from spreadseheet shows that Tesla deliver us some 10-12 pc of faberg eggs every week and they got
orders in about 3pc a week ( 24pc in 2022 from spreadsheet)

If we are 10% of model X orders, they get orders in now in a rate of 30pc a week ( only US) and they manufacture these in scale of 120 a week
means that they catch up backlog in a level of 90 a week

then next calculation, they have delivered propably 80pc of those 514 here, at least those 73 so undelivered is little over 400, maybe 430 pc.
That equals that total backlog is in a level of 4000-4300pc and with 90pc a week, whole backlog has been eaten up in a 45 weeks so every one here should
get their model X this year.

Now the mystery is those 18 pc (200 total to Europe ), will Tesla deliver those this year or no.... all those fits in one ship to Europe, so we hope they run
a batch of perfect ones for european in july with all refreshed refresh features like matrix.. and maybe finger crossed.... drumroll... if no ship catch fire in middle of Atlantic happend i could get my Plaid X early...

worst case scenario is that they fill all other markets and versions before European or Putin figure out that there is only 2 independent no Nato allied
countrys as his neiboroug in Europe, Ukraine and..... Finland.. :-/

We (i) hope we go in to Nato and get under articla 5 from yesterday so maybe we have infrastructure left when maybe i get my first Tesla

My 4 yo keeps asking me every morning: Where is your new white car, dad? I always give the same answer: they haven't started building it. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

😆
I loved this!!!
I had taken my now 7 y.o(then 5) for our first X test drive and I have been asked this periodically over 2 yrs especially as she wants her gaming and tv “flying door” white car. Poor Musk is probably her villain by now.

The same situation here in China, no news at all. I ordered my MXLR, 6 seater on 02/19/2021 when the EDD was shown Q3 2021> Q4 2021>Q1 2022>end of 2022, then disappear. Feel frustrated when seeing Shanghai Giga factory is producing plenty of 3&Y. Elon once said that tesla expect shipments outside of North America to begin in the second half of 2022. Hope he is right this time.
Did China orders receive any notification like we in Europe got around end of year 2021(citing Q3 2022 for probable deliveries)?
When did edd change to 2022 end? I always had EDD Q3 2021 till it disappeared one day.

Reactions: colo
If you order a 7 seat LR right now with the base wheels it shows January 2023 but..View attachment 774738

If you order a 5 seat LR with the base wheels, it shows May 2023View attachment 774739

i dont know what this could mean
It means the same as it has always meant - ANY upgrade that is more money to Tesla gets you the car earlier. Change the wheels, change the paint to an upgrade and the delivery will move earlier. It has worked this way for most of the past year with EDDs.

In other words this means nothing about prioritizing 7 seat over 5. When I ordered my vehicle last year I got an earlier date because I added MSM paint which is an upgrade but I’m still 5 seat. Also that date was totally bogus anyway and I suspect the January and May dates are too.

My 4 yo keeps asking me every morning: Where is your new white car, dad? I always give the same answer: they haven't started building it. I'll let you know as soon as it's ready.

😆
My four year old twins tell me every morning on their way to school that they “love the car”. They tell everyone about the doors and how they all close and open themselves. The first night we had it, my son asked if he could sleep in it. Lol.

I remember being their age and the coolest car being a damn VW bug. If they have Tesla now, imagine the cool stuff they’ll see in their lifetime.