Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Update on my battery/range issue:

I charged to 100% yesterday afternoon. It reached 315. This morning, when I got into my car to take kids to school, it was still at 315. So here is my data:

From Home to School (10 miles) - MX consumed 10 miles (3%) - 294 Wh/mi
From School to Home (10 miles) - MX consumed 8 miles (3%) - 281 Wh/mi

I will continue to monitor my battery until I reach 0 or as close to it as possible.

So you're getting roughly rated wh/mile which is good. So your alignment is good and things are working properly. But your rated range is too low. A number of folks in the S forum had lower than rated when new and several ended up getting replacement batteries already.

• Helpful
Reactions: Stro
matrix headlights functionality hasnt been turned on yet. But they are really cool. You can drive with high beams on and it will shut off around oncoming cars or if a car is in front of you. It will also shine its light around curves
My current headlight does exactly that: automatically turns on high beam when it detects dimly lit areas and turns off with oncoming cars

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
The website shows the 22" wheels config at 330 miles vs 348 for 20" wheels. But Tesla could have that wrong and it be a much bigger drop than 18 miles to use 22" wheels. We'll see what the recalibrated value is.
Strange, I see 332 on the configurator:
Capture.JPG

Reactions: KidsEyeDr
My current headlight does exactly that: automatically turns on high beam when it detects dimly lit areas and turns off with oncoming cars

yours goes from high beam to low beam when it detects oncoming cars. The matrix lights will keep high beams on but the individual leds will turn off just around the oncoming cars and cars in front of you. there are youtube videos on it.

MATRIX HEADLIGHTS - i just spoke to my SA in Sacramento (he's pretty well known on the Sac Tesla forums) said that Rocklin got an MX with the new matrix headlights yesterday and he saw it in person (along w/charge port, plaid badge, etc.) - i've met the SA in person at car meets and etc. and he seems on point

take it with a grain of salt maybe but i don't know why he would lie

MATRIX HEADLIGHTS - i just spoke to my SA in Sacramento (he's pretty well known on the Sac Tesla forums) said that Rocklin got an MX with the new matrix headlights yesterday and he saw it in person (along w/charge port, plaid badge, etc.) - i've met the SA in person at car meets and etc. and he seems on point

Or maybe your way to get everyone to reject their delivery so you can get ahead in line.

Just kidding… that would be awesome. The matrix lights are just functional or they look different too? My BMW X5 that I just sold had adaptive LEDs, they had killer looks($2000 extra)

Interesting, someone on here posted a one with new tail, badge, charge door but same headlights. Lets hope the SA wasn't assuming the refreshed tail meant refreshed headlights

Reactions: Pdubb
There is so much debate about this, that the other sections on this board all agree to just switch it to percentage because it will never be correct. Its just an estimate
The EPA rates the distance the car will go, thus "rated miles". Of course, it depends on a lot of conditions so will never be accurate. However, if you are planning to drive 150 miles and, at the beginning of your trip your rated miles show 200, you may have reason to be concerned. If the first 20 miles reduces your rated miles by 22 you are using rated mile plus 10% and the 150-mile trip will use 165 rated miles. Obviously, you have to keep doing this type of calculation to determine if you should slow down to improve your mileage.

Reactions: croman
On the way back from dropping off the kids this morning, I noticed what looked like a snake bite on my windshield. I got out of the car to inspect it and they were tiny little chips next to each other. I immediately took my car to Safelite (windshield glass fixing place) and asked for them to fix it. They took a look and said it was too small and to shallow to be fixed. I only see it when the sun hits them right. But still... now I'm worried that they'll spread and I'll have to fork over 2400 bucks to fix it.

There is no chip too small or shallow that cannot be filled with resin. This video is great and is what worked for me when filling mine in. They were completely invisible afterward. I couldn't even tell where I did the repair and it didn't take very long either.

Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Stro
Or maybe your way to get everyone to reject their delivery so you can get ahead in line.

Just kidding… that would be awesome. The matrix lights are just functional or they look different too? My BMW X5 that I just sold had adaptive LEDs, they had killer looks($2000 extra)
they are functional as long as they get approved for use in the US. For BMW you can use software to activate it..kind of hack it

I love BMW but I really hate how they upcharge you for every little feature... Oh you'd like button start.... You must add the technology package which includes 5 other things you dont need ($8,000)...... oooh you want those bigger 20" wheels? you must add the sport package ($6,000)..... Before you know it the car is almost 40% more expensive and your head is spinning trying to keep track of all the crap you just tacked on just to get 2 or 3 things you wanted.

• Informative
Reactions: gglockner