Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got a VIN on Monday for my LR/Blue/White Interior/6 Seat/FSD.

VIN: 7SAXCBE53NF3344XX

Getting conflicting reports on if my car has the new taillights / charge port...

My SA said build date is 2/24/22, and said that it has all the latest updates, including tail lights and charge port (I asked about headlights, and he hasn't gotten back to me).

But... I wanted additional confirmation. I called Fremont factory directly today, and the person I spoke to said my car does not have the new tail lights, charge port, etc. Bummer.

If true, cut off date could be after 2/24 build-dates.

Keeping my fingers crossed...

Order Date: 2/27/21
Est. Delivery: 3/12 - 3/18 in the Northeast

According this video, the old (2016) loaner MX is much quieter than the refresh. It'd be disappointing if true..Anyone can chime in?
Everything I’ve heard about the refresh X is that is good amount quieter than the older Model X vehicles. Also he is talking about the motor sound not wind noise. Wind noise is the issue most people care about not motor whine as it spins up.

Last edited:
Reactions: croman
How do you define "cold" vs "extremely cold"?
from my experience anything below freezing you start to lose benefits especially if it is just sitting there. If it is still moving it can still get enough ambient air from the battery area or wherevere it can to get heat and recycle etc.

but once it gets like 10 degrees or less i think it loses a lot of the benefits of the heat pump. my experience roughly..guys with more technical knowledge can expand

• Informative
Reactions: gglockner
Check out the "Summary" tab of our order tracking spreadsheet. If you have not entered your data yet you should :) A screenshot below to answer your question :)
View attachment 776019
View attachment 776020

Edit: @usctrojan98 you beat me by seconds 😄 Your data/graphs are gorgeous :)
My thanks go to the Spreadsheet owner and also to @usctrojan98 for the data and the presentations. My I.T. days ended 28 years ago so I just make a copy of the spreadsheet, sort it to eliminate everything except LR orders made in 2020, Jan. and Feb. to see what's ahead of me. Selfish me.;)

Getting conflicting reports on if my car has the new taillights / charge port...

My SA said build date is 2/24/22, and said that it has all the latest updates, including tail lights and charge port (I asked about headlights, and he hasn't gotten back to me).

But... I wanted additional confirmation. I called Fremont factory directly today, and the person I spoke to said my car does not have the new tail lights, charge port, etc. Bummer.

Congrats. Couldn't find you on the spreadsheet?

Reactions: studioloft

@Acer1 Just said he has the new taillights and their VIN is 3344XX too so you probably have it.

Reactions: MXBlue
I cancelled my Rivian R1S order since the move yesterday of such a major price increase makes me worried about their management and therefore their future - to have misjudged pricing so much where your negative gross margin is so poor gives me pause. If it was a $100 deposit then I would probably wait and see but the deposit is enough where I don't want to throw it away if something happens to them. So I will wait for a couple years to ensure they can get a consumer product into mass production and then reconsider. They really had seemed to have learned from others with their comments over the last couple years but once they went public and tried to produce cars, you see a lot of issues with the company.
Looks like Rivian and lLucid are in for a world of hurt. I wish nothing but the best for them and hope that they succeed. They are going through what Tesla went through, a 10-year uphill climb, only difference is, Tesla did not have another Tesla around to complete with.

According this video, the old (2016) loaner MX is much quieter than the refresh. It'd be disappointing if true..Anyone can chime in?

Just too many reports of the opposite from what I've seen. Don't get me wrong. I watch all of his videos and I'm sure the 16 he had for a loaner is quieter than his. But it makes me wonder were there special '16s or is the refresh production inconsistent? i.e. is there sound deadening left out when there isn't enough and hoping the customer doesn't notice?

Everything I’ve heard about the refresh X is that is good amount quieter than the older Model X vehicles. Also he is talking about the motor sound not wind noise. Wind noise is the issue most people care about not motor whine as it spins up.

I asked him about that in the video this morning and he replied that all sources of noise seem to be louder in his refresh.

Congrats! I have the same config but ordered a month before you, my VIN is 3346XX and I VIN'ed last Thursday. 🤔🤔

Took delivery today. Love the car. But does anyone have a hard time closing the front doors, I have the SC look at it and they said it was normal but its definitely not
Just press the brake for the driver side, and I recall you can just pull the door opener handle on a specific door to have the door close itself. You also have the on screen option to close the doors. I have no plans to use my own strength for such a pedestrian task.