Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope but it's a safety net. In those rare cases that you only have 30 foot visability and you're crawling at 20 miles per hour, I still want my tac to keep following distance to the car in front of me that I can no longer see.
👍👍👍
lived in Bakersfield for 22 years and the Tule Fog there is sometimes impossible to navigate even at a crawl. Active radar would be a huge safety benefit.

Given that summon is next to useless here in the U.K. I don’t expect to use it on my upcoming Y much. But hearing there was music and it might not be there is disappointing. Especially when there’s the expectation that EVs will be required to make a noise at low speeds for safety reasons.
We enjoyed our last musical summon and FINALLY are updating the software (it’s been pestering us constantly for weeks now). It was a brief moment of purity in a dark world… Idk what it was, just the utter joy and cheerful hopefulness of that ice cream truck melody 🎶 😭😭😭
🌹😢👼🪦

Talked to SA today (called him from Florida to make sure he received the pictures I sent). Asked about the port. YES it has the new port.
SA probably was like huh does that car not use gas? Oh yeah look it has a charge port. I heard Tesla was going electric or something!

Reports back “yeah it’s got that new port”

Pats himself on back
Thanks to himself “I wonder if any of these take e85 though” 🤣😆

Last edited:
I'll think I might wait for the new headlights and 4000 bucks from Illinois. Just seems like the smarter thing since matrix headlights are much better AND the rest of the fleet already has them.
The standard Tesla conundrum. What's coming is definitely better than what is available today. But at some point you want a Tesla, right? I've waited so long for my X that I'd probably take one with Flintstone style burning sticks on the front to guide the way...

Plus the Illinois program appears sketchy. Is it only for the select counties? If you make over 50K a year are you ineligible? If you vault the first two conditions, are you willing to keep the car for a long time and not move from Illinois? I wonder how long it takes to get the money. I like free money too, but it just has the feel of "jump through hoops and end up with nothing at the end..."

My opinions only. You probably are doing the right thing on both counts. Heck, we could both easily have to wait for July 1 or later and the new lights because of further delays.

The standard Tesla conundrum. What's coming is definitely better than what is available today. But at some point you want a Tesla, right? I've waited so long for my X that I'd probably take one with Flintstone style burning sticks on the front to guide the way...

Plus the Illinois program appears sketchy. Is it only for the select counties? If you make over 50K a year are you ineligible? If you vault the first two conditions, are you willing to keep the car for a long time and not move from Illinois? I wonder how long it takes to get the money. I like free money too, but it just has the feel of "jump through hoops and end up with nothing at the end..."

My opinions only. You probably are doing the right thing on both counts. Heck, we could both easily have to wait for July 1 or later and the new lights because of further delays.

Law didn't have that language. So I don't buy any article written based on debate and not the text but I'm also not exactly relying on the 4k. When I bought my first EV the state froze the rebate program and I had to sue them before they resumed it and gave me my money. I'll do it again if needed but it's a waste of time.

I already have a Tesla so I'm not in a rush. I do want the X but I've seen this show for nearly 6 years and waiting is the right call. Eventually you'll sell and matrix headlights might make a difference. The other thing is obvious safety benefits. Tesla headlights are good but not great. Matrix is apparently much much better.

Reactions: DelPhonic1 and EV3_