Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Actually, that got me thinking. From the Wikipedia article on the Trabant…

“Since its manufacturer was a state monopoly, acquiring a Trabant took about ten years.[10] East German buyers were placed on a waiting-list of up to thirteen years.[11] The waiting time depended on their proximity to Berlin, the capital.[6] Official state price was 7,450 GDR marks and the demand to production ratio was forty three to one (1989). The free market price for a second-hand one was more than twice the price of a new one, and the average worker had to wait ten to thirteen years on a waiting list, or, if available, pay more than double for a second hand model.“

Sound familiar to anybody???

“Since its manufacturer was a state monopoly, acquiring a Trabant took about ten years.[10] East German buyers were placed on a waiting-list of up to thirteen years.[11] The waiting time depended on their proximity to Berlin, the capital.[6] Official state price was 7,450 GDR marks and the demand to production ratio was forty three to one (1989). The free market price for a second-hand one was more than twice the price of a new one, and the average worker had to wait ten to thirteen years on a waiting list, or, if available, pay more than double for a second hand model.“

That story is about Cybertruck. The wait for Model X shouldn’t be more than 5 years.

As european Tesla model x waiter, seems that there is on 18 of 514 orders here on Tesla motors club spreadsheet directed to Europe.
First seems to be very old 19/09/2020 so it`s before launch of refresh.

Tesla stopped to take orders of model X outside US markets in december 2021 so there is whole year of orders between that norway 2020 and December 2021 date, but only 18 of 514 is listed here what is only 3% of all orders in spreadsheet.

They informed that stop to take orders was caused on high demand and long ( risky on economical side ) lean time.

My opinion is that on those few orders, assume we are about prox 10% of all model X total orders there could be some 200 at all to fullifie
in Europe and like you US guys, they could even try to give us some EDD. my was as the beginning "before end of 2022" but that has now dissapeared
from my account.

Now rough calculatuons from spreadseheet shows that Tesla deliver us some 10-12 pc of faberg eggs every week and they got
orders in about 3pc a week ( 24pc in 2022 from spreadsheet)

If we are 10% of model X orders, they get orders in now in a rate of 30pc a week ( only US) and they manufacture these in scale of 120 a week
means that they catch up backlog in a level of 90 a week

then next calculation, they have delivered propably 80pc of those 514 here, at least those 73 so undelivered is little over 400, maybe 430 pc.
That equals that total backlog is in a level of 4000-4300pc and with 90pc a week, whole backlog has been eaten up in a 45 weeks so every one here should
get their model X this year.

Now the mystery is those 18 pc (200 total to Europe ), will Tesla deliver those this year or no.... all those fits in one ship to Europe, so we hope they run
a batch of perfect ones for european in july with all refreshed refresh features like matrix.. and maybe finger crossed.... drumroll... if no ship catch fire in middle of Atlantic happend i could get my Plaid X early...

worst case scenario is that they fill all other markets and versions before European or Putin figure out that there is only 2 independent no Nato allied
countrys as his neiboroug in Europe, Ukraine and..... Finland.. :-/

We (i) hope we go in to Nato and get under articla 5 from yesterday so maybe we have infrastructure left when maybe i get my first Tesla
Seems on deliverys last week or so that they ramped up production by double and that eat up this waiting list much faster than my former calculations.
Maybe we get ours to Europe before end of year push 2024...... and hopefully loaded with matrix and 4680... interior smelling unicorn fart or so...

• Funny
Reactions: Stro and lsds
Random X question. Does anyone know the width of the actual bench seat in the 5/7 seat configs? Someone with a pre-refresh able to measure? i’ve been able to find the “hip width” but I’m specifically wondering if the Tesla pet liner from the S/3/Y will fully cover the seat on my future refresh 7 seat, if it ever comes. My hope is the X version is the same seat cover, minus the door flaps.

Had some questions about paying the balance before taking delivery. The plan is march 12th. I asked if the car was there yet and if they inspected it yet and had any concerns about build quality.

For those who want a good laugh….
Richmond center has been difficult to communicate with this time around. All they could tell me was my car was there and it had a state inspection

Said if she took pictures for me then other customers might expect that. Heaven forbid you had to do a little customer service. I’ve had to keep asking to get any assistance on the whole order this time. My Model Y last year, while still not standard premium dealership quality, was still much better than this. Such a bummer, this could be easily rectified

I figured I'd drop in with a quick little review after driving the new X around for just under a week. I'm coming from a 2018 (pre-raven) Model S for context.

Overall it's a pretty huge upgrade. The ride is significantly smoother and quieter. I'm sure some of that is down to the better suspension, but I actually had to roll the window down to hear someone yelling something to me the other day... the general sound isolation is just miles ahead of my old S. The other thing that surprised me is the performance. It's only slightly quicker to 60 on paper (3.8 vs. 4.2 in my S) but in use it feels much faster, especially in the 60-80mph highway speed zone.

I LOVE the doors (and so does my kid). The seats are much roomier/more comfy, and the seating position is significantly more comfortable for me w/ a bad knee. The sound system is also excellent (I didn't have premium sound before when it was still an option). I'm also a big fan of the new center console/cupholder/storage design... huge improvement. The overall fit and finish of the interior is definitely a significant step up as well. My ambient lights still don't work, so I'll probably have to schedule service for that.

I've come to like the yoke, though my wife isn't as big a fan. It's a little annoying in parking lots, especially if you have to hit a turn signal while it's turned > 90 degrees. At normal driving speeds/situations it's actually a lot of fun and feels really good to use. It's also significantly more comfortable for resting your hands on w/ autopilot engaged.

The rear screen is a good idea, but there absolutely needs to be a way to control it from the front seat (and also the ability to connect bluetooth headphones for the rear passengers to isolate the sound). I'd also like to be able to set which UI element comes up when it powers on, as music player is almost never what I want back there. This should all be fixable in software, though, so I'm confident it will improve with time.

I'm also a little disappointed they didn't use the refresh as an excuse to add an extra front bumper cam so they could do a 360 exterior view. The repeater cam view that you can have pop up for turns/reverse is good but a proper 360 view is still better IMO.

If you can't tell I'm generally thrilled with the car. It was absolutely worth the wait, though I obviously wish Tesla would've been more transparent about the whole thing.
Every time a new car gets delivered, I'm so happy to hear a new owners thoughts. Thanks so much, and great review!! Are you on 20's? And how does it handle for you?

Took delivery yesterday at 2pm. Fastest I've ever picked up a car. Longest part was looking the car over and the charging port door wouldn't close completely. Fixing that took about 30 min.

Few other issues.
  • Drivers side FWD is misaligned
  • Small dent on drivers side front fender
  • Rear bumper has small gap on both sides
  • Trunk has small gap on passenger side.
Service Appointment is scheduled for Friday.

Other than those small issues, the car is awesome. Build date is 1/22.

Next up is Tint, new floor mats, summer wheels, and Xpel Stealth.

Thank you all for making this wait enjoyable. I felt like a pro with all the information I gained from here...

View attachment 777663
Just gorgeous!!! If you can, might you write a review after a week or so of driving your new starship?

Reactions: Elixir and groundy
I think the 'obsessions' are different. Here is a very basic overview:

Apple CarPlay is a widely adopted standard that many people want because they are in the Apple ecosystem and since they are happy with it they want it in their Tesla.

The discussion regarding the CCS charger port is different and is not as much about Tesla owners demanding it but rather that since CCS charging is becoming a worldwide standard and may eventually need to be adopted in the US, Canada, etc. Tesla is getting ahead of the curve to be prepared for the future. Folks are discussing it because it's a design change but not necessarily because they want it.

Others can probably add more details.
The only thing these features have in common is that they’re found on other cars.

Apple CarPlay is a nice-to-have feature for those who are committed to the iPhone. It works well and has nice integration, but I find the Tesla infotainment system is close enough that I’m fine without Apple CarPlay.

CCS is about charging flexibility. Tesla Superchargers are great but there are simply areas where superchargers are not available. The future of CHAdeMO looks poor in the US, and Tesla no longer sells the CHAdeMO adapter in the US. Furthermore, since the SETEC CCS adapter was reverse engineered, its compatibility has been inconsistent - you can’t rely on it to keep you from being stranded. An official Tesla CCS adapter would expand the routes where you can drive a Tesla.

Looks like Bay Area still stays on July😭😭😭
This shows that Pacific and Mountain regions have very few outstanding deliveries, where as the Central and Eastern regions have quite a few scheduled deliveries. I think this shows typical Tesla delivery logistics where they push for East coast deliveries first in the quarter and then West coast afterwards. I'm guessing there will be lots of Pacific region VINs in the last couple weeks of March and into the first week of April. Something similar happened Dec\Jan.

1646636377741.png

This is awesome!

I didn't add the "Delivery Forecast" but I did add the "Net Add" columns. I will be honest I don't understand the =forecast() function but it seems to be skewed at this point.

No need to ask permission though! I started the spreadsheet and spend a lot of time keeping it legible but it is certainly a open community collaborative effort, dare I say work of art! :)
Ok cool, i updated the VIN and delivered columns. Just always want a second opinion before I do something that wipes away some data. I have a local copy in case we ever need to go back and look.

In 1972 I bought a used Trabant for 10,000 Ostmarks. That was about 2000 above the regular new price. I drove the little car for two years and then sold it for 12,500. At that time, the waiting time for a new Trabant was 12-15 years. When a child was born, a car order was usually made in his name. I hope my X-plaid order from January 2021 won't take that long.

Called the tesla # and they said my plaid suppose to arrive in Raleigh NC tomorrow, where my Raleigh ppl at? 👀

what number did you call King? Was it a main number or your local SC? my EDD says Mar 16 - 22 and I would love to get some updated info and see if it's on schedule for that time frame.... I have a pre-planned trip the weekend of the 19th, but nothing I can't cancel with some advanced notice.

Reactions: DelPhonic1