Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Weird, today my credit/loan through tesla offer was expired, it had already been approved. now its prompting me to reapply and likely get the higher rate. my EDD still states 3/9-3/31 still no VIN though. my original EDD was October so im not in any rush, just a little annoyed. would not be surprised if i got bumped to july like some others.

Weird, today my credit/loan through tesla offer was expired, it had already been approved. now its prompting me to reapply and likely get the higher rate. my EDD still states 3/9-3/31 still no VIN though. my original EDD was October so im not in any rush, just a little annoyed. would not be surprised if i got bumped to july like some others.
Don't reapply until you have a firm delivery date. With vin

Reactions: Elixir and jboy210
Got a call from Tesla this morning. He voice mail said my order is looking like July, so perhaps quarter-end like June or July delivery. Apparently, the call was simply because it has been a long time. Kinda bizarre but I will be returning the call to check with them on why my EDD moved to March range and then back to July. Will write back what I find out.

Took delivery today. I would say be glad those that are being delivered July that your chances of newer headlights are much higher. Also hopefully by then the production lines of the X are back to quality.

The quality exterior and interior is poor even for a run of the mill econobox.

It is very apparent they quickly put this together or had unskilled workers. FWD are all kinds of misaligned to the window trim, rubber seals, interior door panels, interior trim panels not seated or flimsy, base floor popping and flexing, FWD trim coming off when opened, seam weld separation... list goes on and on. One of the pictures I'm holding in the bumper from flexing outwards where you can see the tabs. Embarassing.

Sadly my last 2 M3Ps didn't have any of these issues.
that is so annoying!!! Why did you accepted it?

Reactions: Elixir
In my ownership of my 2017 MX the vehicle averaged a SC visit once every 9 weeks. Nothing Lemon Law worthy.. but I personally have accepted that this is what I need to deal with as the MX really doesn't compare to any other car on the market.

My 2018 has been to the SC twice. Once for a crack in the windshield from a stone, and the 2nd time for the 12v battery. so 1x a year for me.

Had some questions about paying the balance before taking delivery. The plan is march 12th. I asked if the car was there yet and if they inspected it yet and had any concerns about build quality.

For those who want a good laugh….
I really don’t get the people who say not to pay ahead of time…
I’ve always paid ahead with plaid and never had an issue. I was assured that If I chose to refuse the car the money would be refunded. But out of two deliveries so far I’ve had to refuse 0.
I will pay for my x as soon as my vin is assigned.

Yeah don’t apply for the loan until it’s about a week away from delivery. The loans expire every 30 days.

Reactions: Elixir and jboy210
I’ve always paid ahead with plaid and never had an issue. I was assured that If I chose to refuse the car the money would be refunded. But out of two deliveries so far I’ve had to refuse 0.
I paid ahead. But the problem is they may refund you but you won’t get it for a while. They still owe me money going over two weeks now. They said it could take up to 8 weeks. If you’re ok with that, no biggie. But letting them keep 130k+ For two months Isn’t a good financial decision imo.

I’m sorry but I’m not giving this messy company a single cent until I physically see the vehicle. I’ve heard too many horror stories, and I’m not just talking about fit and finish issues… I mean like people getting vins pulled, appointments being canceled/delayed, cars having to be repaired and undeliverable, getting delayed in transit, sent to the wrong place, the list goes on and on. Tesla makes great cars but I don’t trust their logistics, quality control, or customer service one bit.

just realized its because the loan application is only good for 60 days, oh wells.

😳😬
Bruh. More power to ya…
May the force be with you
May the winds ever blow in your favor
And here I’m worrying about stuff I can’t even see in a full inspection before paying (like sound insulation).

• Funny
Reactions: Prairie and Stro