Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed my EDD on the app went to a tighter estimated window earlier today but no VIN appeared. Checked my Tesla account on the web and there was a VIN. App must be a little delayed in getting the VIN as compared to the website.

Screenshot_20220308-160304_Chrome.jpg

75D model S was supposed to be 259 miles range but no one got that even new. 245 was the most I got.

The indication of 315 means there is even less capacity available than we thought. 100kwh pack but only 96-97kwh available.
I assume the X has the same pack as the S but has anyone looked at the pack on the X to confirm it shows 100? I remember after they were announced and actually dropped range everyone was estimating they dropped to a 90 or 92 pack but picked up efficiencies in motor and heat pump. I don't follow the S news so I don't even know if the S is confirmed to have a full 100 still. I did watch the Munro teardown but don't remember him showing it's 100 for a fact.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I assume the X has the same pack as the S but has anyone looked at the pack on the X to confirm it shows 100? I remember after they were announced and actually dropped range everyone was estimating they dropped to a 90 or 92 pack but picked up efficiencies in motor and heat pump. I don't follow the S news so I don't even know if the S is confirmed to have a full 100 still. I did watch the Munro teardown but don't remember him showing it's 100 for a fact.

Went from 104kwh LR+ to 99.8kwh with the refresh but what's available to the end user is not presently known. Need TM spy.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
I noticed my EDD on the app went to a tighter estimated window earlier today but no VIN appeared. Checked my Tesla account on the web and there was a VIN. App must be a little delayed in getting the VIN as compared to the website.

View attachment 778472
Got my hopes up, LOL. My EDD went from Mar 7-31 to Mar 16-31 this morning. Still no VIN both in app or web acct. Will keep refreshing, like usual.

PSA: check tail lights carefully for sealant during delivery.

Right after delivery, noticed some silicone sealant surrounding one of my tail lights. It looks like it's preventing water from entering due to a misaligned panel. Crazy stuff!

Anyone experience this?

View attachment 778437
View attachment 778436
View attachment 778435

View attachment 778434
Munro’s Plaid S walk through video showed the tail lights edges on his car were scratched all around. He said that happens due to excessive vibrations. I also saw someone posted the same problem on the refresh X issues thread. So my guess is the silicon is to prevent the vibrations that chip off the edges. Tail lights started cracking or separating from the back plate on some cars. Possibly a temporary solution till they figure out a permanent one

• Informative
Reactions: croman
Providing a quick update on my MXP! I picked the car up on 2/23. As I drove off the lot, the display was flickering. Tesla took a look at it and told me I inserted an incompatible USB key as the issue was now resolved. The following morning the screen was flickering again and I drove it to the service center for an unscheduled appointment. They kept it a few days and concluded there was a firmware issue on the display... all firmware was re-installed and the issue was resolved. Picked up the car from service and the screen flickered again. Tesla kept the car for another week, escalated the issue to engineering, and brought out a field technician to assist in diagnosing the issue. Tesla determined the screen was defective from the factory, overnighted a replacement screen, installed it, and now everything works great. So even though I took delivery 2/23, in my mind, I really took delivery yesterday when I picked up the working car. What a hassle... but glad everything works now.

View attachment 778270

Just dropped the car off for full xpel ppf wrap and 20% tints all around; 70% on windshield. Painful to wait another week but in the end it will be worth it! One note: on inspection, the detailing shop told me they found silicon sealing the edge around the passenger side rear tail light and they won't be able to tuck the wrap around that light because of it. She said she had never seen that before on a Tesla and there may have been a leak. Does that sound right, and should I be concerned?

More photos and updates soon - so far, worth the wait!
I dropped mine off few days back for PPF and tint. Going with 35% because of GA law. If you don’t mind me asking, how much did they charge? My estimate $4100 PPF, $500 tint all around except windshield. The windshield alone $950! Is that sound right? Blacked out badges, ceramic coating and new plaid badge for few hundred more.

Sorry to hear about the screen issue. It will drive me crazy also!

Reactions: MusingLee

View attachment 778472
Congrats! A couple of 22" silver black ahead but only 1 with 20" in NJ. I'm 4 days behind you and would love to have mine ride on the same truck. ;)

I dropped mine off few days back for PPF and tint. Going with 35% because of GA law. If you don’t mind me asking, how much did they charge? My estimate $4100 PPF, $500 tint all around except windshield. The windshield alone $950! Is that sound right? Blacked out badges, ceramic coating and new plaid badge for few hundred more.

Sorry to hear about the screen issue. It will drive me crazy also!
Post some pics of the blacked out badges! I’m considering doing that on mine too

Reactions: Niranga
Hello everyone, I ordered my Model X LR 6 seater back in August, 2021 and received a VIN 2 weeks ago and they finally scheduled a delivery for this upcoming weekend. Extremely excited but at the same time very concerned about the quality of the car. A lot of people are reporting bad stories about the refreshed model X... Can you guys recommend which parts of the car I have to check thoroughly before accepting the car? Thanks!

With the talk of 315 max range on MXLR, what are Plaid owners seeing as range for a 100% charge?
It’s 315 for 22” wheels. When I change my config to 20” wheels, I see 348 appear on my app.

How do you find this data?

• Informative
Reactions: JER85 and croman
Hello everyone, I ordered my Model X LR 6 seater back in August, 2021 and received a VIN 2 weeks ago and they finally scheduled a delivery for this upcoming weekend. Extremely excited but at the same time very concerned about the quality of the car. A lot of people are reporting bad stories about the refreshed model X... Can you guys recommend which parts of the car I have to check thoroughly before accepting the car? Thanks!
Pretty sure people have posted a long checklist which you can go through, not sure if applicable to 2022 model but shouldn’t be much diff: