Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My hot take: It would be pretty hard to foresee your order making the 1st quarter push so probably not by end of March (although you never know).... But I could definitely see you getting delivery shortly after that or at the very latest by end of June when they do their second quarter push. But that's just pure speculation and an educated guess... as you probably gleamed from this thread, its all a crapshoot. you could get a VIN tomorrow or you could be waiting till October lol.
Or they could find some dusty ones in a field in Fremont and ship one to you like they are for me!

Since S/X are low volume, but high profit cars, I imagine that Tesla is doing everything they can to get them out the door.

Issue may be that they simply cannot get enough well trained/quality oriented employees to build them.

Watching the Sandy Monro tear down videos, it is evident that a ton of engineering went into the refresh. Probably taking them longer that wated to integrate all these new designs into production.

Prediction is for better days ahead for s/X volume and quality.

Any way we can figure out when Midwest orders will go or start to build? Or is it a crapshoot these days
I have been trying to to figure out the same thing. Last weekend, I went to my St. Louis Service center and saw multiple LR and Plaid X's sitting in their lot. It just about broke my spirit, knowing that the issue is not getting the X's to the Midwest. Several people in my own town are getting them.

Reactions: X-Stream
Since S/X are low volume, but high profit cars, I imagine that Tesla is doing everything they can to get them out the door.

Issue may be that they simply cannot get enough well trained/quality oriented employees to build them.

Watching the Sandy Monro tear down videos, it is evident that a ton of engineering went into the refresh. Probably taking them longer that wated to integrate all these new designs into production.

Prediction is for better days ahead for s/X volume and quality.

Its actually much easier than that.

Issue is they shut their line down with a backlog of orders, and continued to take new orders... all while setting unrealistic expectations for those two groups of customers. Not only that, this line serviced two new products (S and X), 4 if you count the Plaid as a separate beast. The continued taking orders on all of these while their line was down, and they continued setting unrealistic expectations.

It doesn't matter what your supply chain is like, or what your employees are like if you have your line shut down, but don't communicate this to people who have existing orders or people making new orders. From what we've read here... the plan was always S Plaid, then S, the X Plaid, then X. For some reason some slight volume of X came before the X Plaid, but then they switched to the X Plaid. There was no way they could deliver the X when they did, because it was gated by the S.

There may have been issues getting employees, or getting specific parts. But Tesla has a history of grossly underestimating how long it will take a product to get to production, and they have a history of doing a poor job communicating truthful/accurate information to their customers. This X rollout was no different. The S was only slightly better because it came first.

Hi all... new to this thread, but not to the forums (spent most of the my time on the MYP thread)

Took delivery of my MYP a little over a week ago (black/black). Liked it so much that I ordered a MXP last Friday AM in the same colors (3/4). I know. I'm impulsive.

Current EDD still says "October"... but it seems like from parsing through this forum the MXPs have been delivering ahead of schedule while the LRs are taking quite a bit longer. Obviously a lot can change from Tesla's prioritization perspective, but any hot takes on when I might realistically expect a vehicle? My SA says that the delivery timing has been pretty accurate... but just from reading here that doesn't really seem like it's the case (FWIW, my MYP arrived at the very tail end of my original delivery window).
Being a new MX Plaid... you should get your car by the end of the week or sometime by the end of April.