Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The X represents the pattern of the duct tape Tesla used to hold your motors in place. Mine is a 0 which represents the number of functional airbags installed In mine.
Does that have to be a digit between 0 and 9? Mine is simply "X". Does that mean its a place holder for a digit? I am not sure we could change any character of VIN once its issued. Correct me if I am wrong.

Just a PSA. Tesla dropped the price of wall connector to $495, in case anyone wants to buy one.

Does that have to be a digit between 0 and 9? Mine is simply "X". Does that mean its a place holder for a digit? I am not sure we could change any character of VIN once its issued. Correct me if I am wrong.

Any character is fine for this. I was just confused, sorry I asked. The X itself is meaningless -- it just the number that mathematically is produced by the other values in your VIN.

Reactions: groundy
Ok folks - I just got a change in my delivery date from July to the second half of March. This is a 5 seater LR (see my signature for details.) No VIN has been assigned.

My question: I might want to put the car on hold - when in the process is the best time to call and put on hold? After VIN assignment or before?

What is the longest hold that you guys think I can get away with - I want to shoot for November 1st, if that's possible (so that would be a 7 month hold). I had previously read that the new policy is a 90 day maximum hold - anybody get away with more than that recently?

I want facts, not speculation - so, let me know...

croman said:
I'm in Chicago and I have a March 22-25 window (and VIN). I have heard of others. Based on VINs, it seems to be around 650 cars per day.
I’m Chicago as well. No vin but updated range from July to March 22-30.
MXLR 6 seat OD 3-1-21
Could the Midwest be getting a truckload? 2 in Chicago just got VIN’s and 2 Wisconsinite’s who have to pick up in Chicago (no sales in WI) just got an updated range, me being one of them. Changed from October to March 25-31.

I know, I know…don’t burst my bubble, means nothing until Vinned. I’ve been in this spot before but the Chicago VIN’s give me a glimmer of hope even though I haven’t served enough time in Tesla purgatory.😈

MX-P ordered early January 2022 Red/White, 6 seat, FSD, 20’s. (on the waiting list sheet RN1163167XX)

croman said:
I'm in Chicago and I have a March 22-25 window (and VIN). I have heard of others. Based on VINs, it seems to be around 650 cars per day.

Could the Midwest be getting a truckload? 2 in Chicago just got VIN’s and 2 Wisconsinite’s who have to pick up in Chicago (no sales in WI) just got an updated range, me being one of them. Changed from October to March 25-31.

I know, I know…don’t burst my bubble, means nothing until Vinned. I’ve been in this spot before but the Chicago VIN’s give me a glimmer of hope even though I haven’t served enough time in Tesla purgatory.😈

MX-P ordered early January 2022 Red/White, 6 seat, FSD, 20’s. (on the waiting list sheet RN1163167XX)
Can I hitch a ride with one of my Plaids to Minnesota?

Reactions: Mmff22
Just a PSA. Tesla dropped the price of wall connector to $495, in case anyone wants to buy one.
Curious to know why did they drop it. Maybe a new version is imminent ?

Reactions: Mmff22