Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm a little confused because on Friday I saw this update and I passed by the Local tesla store at the mall and the SA was insisting I put my application so I can "Finalize the transaction" and I ended up just doing it without actually thinking it thru since so far I don't have a VIN assign I'm pretty much not guaranteed anything. I'm just wondering with these specific dates what is the actual likelihood this will happen? ALso pretty excited about the car can't wait!! (sorry to be noobish lol)

View attachment 780539
It’s hit or miss. I likely would have waited until you had a vin at least.
But who knows it may happen. I believe the loans are good for 60 days, so as long as it happens in the next 2 months you should be good.

So I stopped by my SC this weekend to see if maybe I can get my pickup date moved up a bit. My options were 3/19 or 3/21.... i picked 3/21 since I am going to be away for the weekend (19th is a Saturday) but ideally I would have liked to pick it up on the 18th.

As of this past friday they told me the car was in Chicago and I am in NJ.... They said the estimated arrival date at the SC is the 16th... and if they get it on schedule they would be able to have it ready for me on the 18th.

I feel like 5 days to get from Chicago to NJ should be do-able? however I don't know how many stops these trucks make or how many hours they drive per day so who knows. I know weather plays a role too and I know the Midwest got some snow this weekend.

Jealous. Waiting for similar config since 1/5/21...

I'm sorry, it is not like I've been pushing them. I am trading in my S and they seem to want it but I was actually hoping for a slightly later delivery window where I can get matrix headlights.

Hi. Do you mind sharing details on order date and car specs.

6/21 order. The details are in my signature (6 seat/blue/white/20s/no FSD now).

Have been on here a lot over the last year but took a break for a month while buying a house.
Of course during that month the issues of a worm and wheel inserts must have arisen. Can someone give me the quick version of what those mean?
On the 22" wheels there are these inserts that go around the edge of the wheel, some cars have been delivered with them already on, some just include it in a box in the frunk, and some have been missing altogether. Nobody is 100% of their purpose but some have speculated that they add some range albeit very little..... Some people like the look with them on and some like it without them... You can search online and I'm sure you'll comparison shots.

The worm is a wrinkle on the middle part of the yoke, where the airbag is stored. Most refreshed S/X come with it. People have speculated that its a crease for the airbag opening.... but of course no communication or straight answer from Tesla on it. Some have had luck with their SC promising to fix it, others have been told there's nothing they can do about it.

Hi!! Finally i was re-Vinned this morning!
Houston 03/28/21 OD
March 24-28 now EDD
I was july and then date range for 4days!!
I was told by the SA if I get anything done to the calipers it would void my warranty.
Interesting.. all my precious Teslas which were under warranty had calipers painted and never heard a concern from SAs? Is this néw?

Tesla liked my model x tweet 😧😂 pretty cool imo considering they only liked 4k tweets
7D1DFC85-8F75-408D-86B9-B36AC67BF38C.png