Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone in DFW area who has or is going to take delivery would like to meet? I kept dreaming about getting my car now that the March 18 - 31 EDD is coming close... it has become a mental issue and I can't sleep well because of this anymore 🤯

I told myself that I wouldn't get my hopes up when EDD changed from July to March, but I just can't control it...
Wait 7 months? =) My wife has been itching to see a post-refresh MX as we ordered without having sat/driven in one...

I woke up this morning to a VIN, but no delivery date (beyond the general July estimate). Ordered early 2/21. MXLR 5 seater. Silver/black. 20” wheels. I’m in Chicagoland (north). Hoping this means it is coming soon!

Congrats! I got my VIN a while back but it took them about a week to contact me about delivery. They'll text you a link to schedule the delivery at your delivery location. Even then my appointment is subject to them receiving the car in good enough condition to make the delivery so it is set for the 25th. I expect they will contact me to take delivery earlier if they can.

Maybe try force quitting the app and restarting. I had this happen previously. Also make sure you are running the latest app.
We just got a 10.11 today
There is sticky thread on Model X stuff, sorry I forget the name.
But my X had the "phantom" stop on the Drivers door window. I fixed it myself. It's really whacky the way you do it.
But it worked and I never had a problem again. Basically you keep trigging the "safety" stop by bumping it while it's closing.
Took me like 10 attempts.
It's whacky how it works, but it was very consistent. I could even move the phantom stop.

They won't do anything about condensation in your lights.

AutoPilot in right lane. I suspect it's not stopping because of speed limit on the ramp. If it sees a car ahead or behind you on the ramp it's over polite and will ALWAYS let them in. Even it means coming to a full stop on the highway. It never accelerates to let them merge behind. Never. You get used to it. If you see someone on the ramp just hit the throttle. If on Nav on Auto Pilot it tends to get out of the right lane to avoid the problem ;)
One of my taillights had condensation and discrete water droplets. They replaced the taillight, and it has been fine since.

Hi, I just scheduled my in-home delivery (LR 6 seats) for March 26 at 2:00 PM. .
I am in Houston TX, can my fellow Texans that have already received their X tell me if we are in charge of doing the Title , Registration and license plates, or Tesla will do it?
I assume that since Tesla doen't use dealers, we need to do it.
Please help.

Thanks
I'm in Galveston County and it took me 5 minutes to knock it out. You will receive the paperwork via mail with a little handout advertising Title Girl who can do it for you for 250 bucks. But why? 5 minutes took nothing out of my day.

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and retco
At delivery, you will get a 30-day temporary tag and a vehicle inspection report. Two weeks later, you'll get the registration packet in the mail. Take the registration packet and the vehicle inspection report to the DMV to register the car and get plates + window sticker.
Interesting. Mine wasn't inspected at all. I had to take it to get it inspected myself (a whole 7 bucks) before going into the tax office.

-I don't have FSD. Auto drive is completely worthless to me when traveling in the right lane on the highway. Every time I pass an off ramp, the car decelerates quickly because it thinks the speed limit is suddenly 40 (the speed of the off ramp). I have a 2/2012 build, so I'm assuming I don't have radar.
Does that happen everywhere or just along C470? If it's only C470, don't worry about it as it's had problems for at least 3 years. The maps haven't been updated since they finished construction. Heading eastbound, if you are in lane 2, you can avoid the issue but lane 3 will have problems at nearly every exit east of Wadsworth.

Nice!! I guess buying 7 Teslas has some benefits? 😀
We've been waiting 442 days on #15 and didn't receive the text message. :confused:

Reactions: Elixir
I'm picking up today, will update how it was.
Congrats

Well if you see a black/white LR with 20" wheels say hi for me lol.....

By the way do you know how the plates and registration process works with Tesla in NJ? Do we get plates and everything in the mail? or do we get paperwork to take to the MVC?

whenever I buy from BMW dealership I pay them all of the fees and get my plates in the mail via fedex which is nice... the MVC in northern NJ is an absolute sugar show and I try to avoid it like the plague.

Anyone in DFW area who has or is going to take delivery would like to meet? I kept dreaming about getting my car now that the March 18 - 31 EDD is coming close... it has become a mental issue and I can't sleep well because of this anymore 🤯

I told myself that I wouldn't get my hopes up when EDD changed from July to March, but I just can't control it...

based in DFW. Plaid 11/1/21 order with 3/23 to 3/31. Yes, first thing morning refresh app - pee - and refresh app again.

Anyone using USAA for insurance on your Long Range X? If so, does it show up on your account as '2022 TESLA XPERFORMANCE' in the description? I find it strange that they would reference the Long Range VIN as a Performance. Now I'm wondering if the quoted rate is actually for a Plaid.
Every quote I got from various companies, listed it as a Model X Performance.

Interesting. Mine wasn't inspected at all. I had to take it to get it inspected myself (a whole 7 bucks) before going into the tax office.

This might be a dumb question, but why does an EV need to be inspected? I thought the purpose of vehicle inspections was to make sure your emissions were under control and you weren't driving around polluting excessively. I could be wrong though.

Reactions: Elixir

I told myself that I wouldn't get my hopes up when EDD changed from July to March, but I just can't control it…
Symptoms can be reduced with copious amounts of bourbon 🥃

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Have you ever ordered a higher volume car with an incredible demand surge like this in the midst of a pandemic with a myriad of supply shortages?
The demand for the C8 is probably higher and was ordered in the middle of the pandemic with a myriad of supply shortages. At the time of your order you "build" the car. They will tell you what is on "constraint". So if you want that option you know your order will not be accepted. They will not ask you months later if you want to change your seating configuration you might get it earlier. And don't pretend making a "higher" volume is part of the problem. Tesla's all of very limited options. Go check out ordering a C8 - there are probably over 11,000 different configurations. My car had a choice of 3 types of seats, multiple materials, multiple thread colors, multiple seat belt colors etc, etc. Ordering a Tesla should be a walk in the park with them knowing what parts they have or will have available to build. When I ordered my X in 2019 they gave me a VIN and then found out they put the wrong wheels on it - they would not fix their problem and I had to reorder - after getting my loan approved and funded.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and JackD