Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
To the folks who have picked up at Devon, PA, has anyone waited to pay via the app (I've linked my bank already) until after they have inspected the car? I'm picking up tomorrow afternoon and got a text (from a CA number) urging me to pay now to "avoid delays" but I'd rather wait to inspect the car first.
I showed up with a bank check and they let me inspect the entire car inside and out before I handed them the check or accepted on the app. Could be different though depending who you get but overall that SC seems to be very customer friendly

The demand for the C8 is probably higher and was ordered in the middle of the pandemic with a myriad of supply shortages. At the time of your order you "build" the car. They will tell you what is on "constraint". So if you want that option you know your order will not be accepted. They will not ask you months later if you want to change your seating configuration you might get it earlier. And don't pretend making a "higher" volume is part of the problem. Tesla's all of very limited options. Go check out ordering a C8 - there are probably over 11,000 different configurations. My car had a choice of 3 types of seats, multiple materials, multiple thread colors, multiple seat belt colors etc, etc. Ordering a Tesla should be a walk in the park with them knowing what parts they have or will have available to build. When I ordered my X in 2019 they gave me a VIN and then found out they put the wrong wheels on it - they would not fix their problem and I had to reorder - after getting my loan approved and funded.
I see that the past year Corvettes spend 13 days at the dealer lots before being sold. Not sure how hard pressed they were to keep up with demand.

I just received a vin for a 5 passenger - Long Range - White Exterior with Cream Interior - 20" Wheels - FSD - Vin #7SAXCDE5XNF336xxx assigned 3/14 - EDD 3/24-28 - Hope is out there for us Creamers!
I have black/cream/20/FSD/5 seat LR ordered 4/2021. Still July EDD but all these recent posts of 5 seaters are giving me renewed hope.

Any one received 7 seat delivery? my order date is 02/03/2021, no progress
Still no 7 seat movement at all so far. I suspect it’ll be after the march push at best, hopefully prior to the 2nd quarter end seeing lack of any movement so far. I’m waiting on same with no positive signs for this config unfortunately.
You have a much earlier order than me so I truly hope you hear something soon!

Last edited:
I showed up with a bank check and they let me inspect the entire car inside and out before I handed them the check or accepted on the app. Could be different though depending who you get but overall that SC seems to be very customer friendly
When my March 26-31 EDD showed up I went to the Norwell MA Delivery Center to ask specific questions. The first one was once the car is onsite will I be able to inspect it inside and out before accepting delivery and handing over my bank check? The "New Car Delivery Manager" was emphatic that all Tesla Services and Delivery Centers allow full and complete inspections before a customer is required to accept and pay for the car. I explained that may be the goal but I had heard of numerous occasions where owners were locked out of the car until they clicked accept delivery in the app. He said "That's not how we do things here, you will be allowed to thoroughly inspect the car before you accept delivery."

We'll see if that really happens... Still waiting for a VIN.

My iPhone is complaining that I have other apps besides the Tesla App. Checking for a VIN is becoming a compulsive tick.

This might be a dumb question, but why does an EV need to be inspected? I thought the purpose of vehicle inspections was to make sure your emissions were under control and you weren't driving around polluting excessively. I could be wrong though.
Many states the car inspection is not just focused mainly on emissions.
They check the brake lights, hazards, break pads, tire wear, front lights, turn signals ect... Basically it's an overall safety check.

Reactions: mswlogo and JER85
One of the good things about Tesla Solar is while I am waiting for my Model X VIN to appear I can watch my Solar Panels make power to power the Model X one day. It's a bit cloudy today but every electron counts!
IMG_0269.PNG
IMG_0268.PNG

Tesla is offering a trade-in value of $40,500 for my 2016 AP1 Signature Model X with 125k miles. To the 10k place, is that reasonable? It's on par with KBB but to get their cash offer they want eyes on. Caravan is much lower and admits they don't have database info. Carmax wants an eyes on also. Just trying to get a feel of whether it's worth it to pursue other options.

BTW, Tesla tells me my VIN was built on 3/14. Chance of matrix headlights?

Has anyone who got the text last night and responded seen any changes yet or gotten a response?

Just curious what prompted it, if they've got a batch of cars already made and they are sending them our way (and delivery could be any day) or they are prepping to make them (and we should expect late march, early april)

Has anyone who got the text last night and responded seen any changes yet or gotten a response?

Just curious what prompted it, if they've got a batch of cars already made and they are sending them our way (and delivery could be any day) or they are prepping to make them (and we should expect late march, early april)
Apparently an automated response to confirm your choice was too hard to program for the interns

I submitted my trade in at least 8 times by now. I guess it expires every 30 day or so. This time it’s taken 5 days and still says “Trade-in Valuation in Progress”

Anyone else experiencing this?
I'm seeing the same thing. Previous updates were given within one day, but the current update has been on "Trade-in Valuation in Progress" for several days. I'm guessing they're prioritizing quotes for people getting deliveries this quarter and they'll get around to the rest of us later.

To the folks who have picked up at Devon, PA, has anyone waited to pay via the app (I've linked my bank already) until after they have inspected the car? I'm picking up tomorrow afternoon and got a text (from a CA number) urging me to pay now to "avoid delays" but I'd rather wait to inspect the car first.
I paid the day before but they are really nice at Devon and you can inspect the vehicle inside and outside before accepting delivery on your app. Is your SA Chris A.?