Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
We are in a similar situation, same paint color, same order date, same location, but you have FSD and I don't. I wonder if the conspiracy theory is true... FSD moves you up in line? Is it a $12,000 fast pass?
I thinkit is. My friend had a model Y scheduled in september. He added FSD and an hour later delivery got moved up to next month. If they're doing that on the 3/Y, there's no reason to do differently for the X.

I still have an delivery date of Jan 2023, no updates…. Wondering, if Tesla offered a decent amount for trade, can you give them the trade now? in hopes you get the highest amount possible? Wondering if anyone has done this, or if it’s even possible…

In getting quotes from four companies besides Tesla for my 2018 5-seat MX it seems the others don’t get you credit for FSD as their quotes are so much lower than Tesla
Ya unless you sell private or back to
I thinkit is. My friend had a model Y scheduled in september. He added FSD and an hour later delivery got moved up to next month. If they're doing that on the 3/Y, there's no reason to do differently for the X.
my SA told me it definitely does.

Hey guys, I wanted to share this photo of a seven seater Model X that a friend of mine who works at Fremont took. Sorry it’s so blurry…
51AFB194-9480-4BD1-A8AD-374F26012C5E.jpeg

I see that the past year Corvettes spend 13 days at the dealer lots before being sold. Not sure how hard pressed they were to keep up with demand.
That is a technical statistic. No C8 is "sitting" on a lot waiting to be sold. They are presently ALL sold before they are even built. And then there are some who immediately put it up for sale for a quick $20k - $30k profit.

Reactions: Vitaman
Well folks, after just over a year I took delivery of my MX.

For the most part, its a fantastic car and only had a few small issues and one big one. The panel alignment is pretty good all around. The only place that I found an issue is on the driver-side rear window trim that protrudes a little more than it should (photo).

The big issue is that the "vent mode" is jacked up only on the driver-side door. When you open the door, the window is supposed to crack just a little to avoid a pressure build-up when you close the door. For some reason, the driver-side window goes all the way down when the door opens and when I close the door, it only goes about 1/4 the way back up. Also, the auto up/down doesn't work on the driver window. The delivery guy tried a number of various resets and recalibrations but nothing worked. Unfortunately, it happened right after I accepted delivery (which I had to do in order to get in the car) so they couldn't take the car back. The delivery guy said I can take it to the service center in the morning to get it fixed (or looked at least).

I put quite a few miles on it tonight and it's truly a blast to drive. The audio system sounds incredible and I even did a partial run on the light show (it was raining so I stopped it early). I just cant wait to get this window fixed so I can actually drive it places and leave it alone!

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the window (aside from the soft reset, hard reset, factory reset and calibration of the window regulator), I'm all ears!

Attachments

• unnamed (1).jpg
    unnamed (1).jpg
    618.7 KB · Views: 62
  • unnamed.jpg
    unnamed.jpg
    803.4 KB · Views: 57
Trade in estimates are only good for 30 days. And I believe you can’t submit a trade in until 30 days before they expect your delivery anyways. I could be wrong though.
I understand that, they asked me to send them photos of my trade today, but my delivery date still shows Jan 2023. I was only speculating, say they made on offer on your trade that would be difficult to refuse, could you give them the trade now, and still wait for your car. This is all speculation and hyperbole…. I understand then they would have your car, and you would have a huge credit with them, and they are the ones sitting on your money…Again, just speculating.

• Informative
Reactions: cjkosh