Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thinkit is. My friend had a model Y scheduled in september. He added FSD and an hour later delivery got moved up to next month. If they're doing that on the 3/Y, there's no reason to do differently for the X.
As I understand it, making changes to your configuration removes your claim to old pricing. Is FSD an exception to that situation? In other words if someone adds FSD do they get to keep the old base price?

Reactions: neo1738
As I understand it, making changes to your configuration removes your claim to old pricing. Is FSD an exception to that situation? In other words if someone adds FSD do they get to keep the old base price?
I added FSD yesterday to my 4/2021 MXLR order. The original order price stayed the same. Also, FSD cost me $10,000, not $12,000 as it was priced at $10,000 when I placed the order 11 months ago.

Reactions: n.one.one
Well folks, after just over a year I took delivery of my MX.

For the most part, its a fantastic car and only had a few small issues and one big one. The panel alignment is pretty good all around. The only place that I found an issue is on the driver-side rear window trim that protrudes a little more than it should (photo).

The big issue is that the "vent mode" is jacked up only on the driver-side door. When you open the door, the window is supposed to crack just a little to avoid a pressure build-up when you close the door. For some reason, the driver-side window goes all the way down when the door opens and when I close the door, it only goes about 1/4 the way back up. Also, the auto up/down doesn't work on the driver window. The delivery guy tried a number of various resets and recalibrations but nothing worked. Unfortunately, it happened right after I accepted delivery (which I had to do in order to get in the car) so they couldn't take the car back. The delivery guy said I can take it to the service center in the morning to get it fixed (or looked at least).

I put quite a few miles on it tonight and it's truly a blast to drive. The audio system sounds incredible and I even did a partial run on the light show (it was raining so I stopped it early). I just cant wait to get this window fixed so I can actually drive it places and leave it alone!

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the window (aside from the soft reset, hard reset, factory reset and calibration of the window regulator), I'm all ears!
Congrats. I had the front window issue today. Had never tried to roll it down on its own before. I made it go fully down and then back up and it started working again. Still having the SC take a look just in case.

Is it just me or has no one else noticed in the Fly Over video from 3/17/2022 it shows 2 Model X's with one of their FWDs open for days?
Look! I circled them in red. 🤔
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 10.29.25 PM.png
Screen Shot 2022-03-17 at 10.25.23 PM.png

Yes FSD is an exception...but...you can only change it one time.
I recently changed my config from 7 seats to 6 after a discussion with my wife. I was able to change the configuration while maintaining the pricing that was in effect when I ordered. Try it yourself, go and edit the design and see the pricing. When I made the change online, MXP was still 119,990 and FSD was still 10k. My car was ordered with FSD and the only change I made was to the seat config.

The wait is over....:)
Picked up my model X and it's perfect. with all the horror stories I came ready to find very poor quality and was very surprised, the car is awesome, all seats are connected, no panel gaps, FWD are perfectly aligned, no paint issues.
The only minor issue is very small stretch on the plastic trim on the trunk. that's all.
The software version is very old 2021.43.202 hope to get an update in the next couple of days.

The delivery process was so smooth, got in, paid for it and got access to the car. once I completed the inspection I dropped off the signed documents and done.

pictures coming soon.

@JER85 - couldn't find your car in the delivery parking lot, there was one red X there.
awesome to hear!! got some pics?

Congrats. I had the front window issue today. Had never tried to roll it down on its own before. I made it go fully down and then back up and it started working again. Still having the SC take a look just in case.
Thanks. Its a beautiful car for sure. I hope there isn't anything to it but there are some substantial rubbing noises when it goes up and down that none of the other windows make. I can see that being the issue with the auto window going inop but it wouldn't explain why the window chooses to go all the way down when the door opens.

Is it just me or has no one else noticed in the Fly Over video from 3/17/2022 it shows 2 Model X's with one of their FWDs open for days?
Look! I circled them in red. 🤔View attachment 782410View attachment 782411
Hrmph. Maybe one more, possible white Model X near the left edge of the frame in both images. Also there's a black Model X with its frunk left open in both images, near the left-most car you circled. I wonder if this is like what some people in the military do, comparing aerial reconnaissance photos before and after an airstrike.

As long as I'm posting...a weird story from today. I got a missed call on my phone from the Dublin (California) Service Center today, no voicemail. Called that number back and got into the corporate phone tree. Punched through to new vehicle deliveries, and they had no record of anyone from Dublin calling me. Person I spoke with confirmed that I'm still supposed to pick up in Fremont, car is still in inspection (the term for this is apparently "not started" for some reason), no issues noted so far. They said inspections for the S and X take about two weeks (it's been about that long since VIN assignment, next time I talk to somebody I should ask what the build date was).

Back to waiting,

Bruce.

Well folks, after just over a year I took delivery of my MX.

For the most part, its a fantastic car and only had a few small issues and one big one. The panel alignment is pretty good all around. The only place that I found an issue is on the driver-side rear window trim that protrudes a little more than it should (photo).

The big issue is that the "vent mode" is jacked up only on the driver-side door. When you open the door, the window is supposed to crack just a little to avoid a pressure build-up when you close the door. For some reason, the driver-side window goes all the way down when the door opens and when I close the door, it only goes about 1/4 the way back up. Also, the auto up/down doesn't work on the driver window. The delivery guy tried a number of various resets and recalibrations but nothing worked. Unfortunately, it happened right after I accepted delivery (which I had to do in order to get in the car) so they couldn't take the car back. The delivery guy said I can take it to the service center in the morning to get it fixed (or looked at least).

I put quite a few miles on it tonight and it's truly a blast to drive. The audio system sounds incredible and I even did a partial run on the light show (it was raining so I stopped it early). I just cant wait to get this window fixed so I can actually drive it places and leave it alone!

If anyone has any ideas on how to fix the window (aside from the soft reset, hard reset, factory reset and calibration of the window regulator), I'm all ears!
Congrats on your new car. My 2018 had the same issue with the front windows. It turned out to be the rubber the door glass slides against is too stiff so the car thinks your arm is out the window. With the windows down I applied some auto rubber conditioner like Gummi Pflege to soften the rubber, then the windows go up fully.

I have had to reapply from time to time. I coat all the rubber seals now when I do in order to help prevent them from deteriorating.

That's such a gut punch. I feel like you need to escalate this to management, I would stop at nothing to make them correct this!
Sounds like you have been lucky as any real issues are not responded to by management (any level) or at all for that matter. At least in Denver. You can complain to voicemails and through the app which did absolutely nothing. Even had my girlfriend tweet at Elon (which is hilarious). My options were to wait for another X (6/2020 original order date) or cancel my order. My X delivery this month (hopefully) will be my 8th Tesla. It has always been a less than great sales and service experience since 2017. But in 2013-14, it was the best sales and service I have ever experienced since Lexus in the 90s and early 00s. Absolutely amazing and caring people. Unfortunately, a lot has changed since. The issues I have had with the last 5 Teslas are completely avoidable but most people do not care about paint drips, scratches, laughable panel gaps, whether the seat is bolted down, etc, etc, etc because all we want is to have the latest and greatest tech. And yes, I'm guilty and aware, which is how I can justify the madness that is Tesla.

Hrmph. Maybe one more, possible white Model X near the left edge of the frame in both images. Also there's a black Model X with its frunk left open in both images, near the left-most car you circled. I wonder if this is like what some people in the military do, comparing aerial reconnaissance photos before and after an airstrike.

As long as I'm posting...a weird story from today. I got a missed call on my phone from the Dublin (California) Service Center today, no voicemail. Called that number back and got into the corporate phone tree. Punched through to new vehicle deliveries, and they had no record of anyone from Dublin calling me. Person I spoke with confirmed that I'm still supposed to pick up in Fremont, car is still in inspection (the term for this is apparently "not started" for some reason), no issues noted so far. They said inspections for the S and X take about two weeks (it's been about that long since VIN assignment, next time I talk to somebody I should ask what the build date was).

Back to waiting,

Bruce.
Two weeks for an inspection? And they still miss a good amount of issues. No chance they take more than a few days to actually inspect each car.