Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm getting lowballed on my S with FSD - supposedly an appreciating asset! :D

Tesla is about $15k below what they sell comparable cars for. I get they need to make some money but this just drives me to waste time going to Carmax except now my fender camera is out and ONLY Tesla will take the car with error alerts. Tesla also won't repair it with the color cameras because, while I have FSD and a 98 score, the "mothership" has to pick me to get the precious cameras. They want $900 bucks to replace a camera that they owe me for anyways.

This company really sucks since 2017. If this wasn't potentially the best car for my family, I wouldn't sign up for another ToD.
I've learned that when KBB instant cash offer, Carmax, etc does your car appraisal, insist on doing it without the VIN. Those sites love using the VIN, but doing that way doesn't give credit for FSD. I had this experience with my M3 I'm trading in. 4K difference in the two online offers from the same place.

I just canceled my Plaid order which was from Oct 2021. I took delivery of a 2022 Model X LR in December. When they changed the configuration from 7 to 6-seater it was basically the same car I already had with the exception of 0-60/carbon fiber. Trading in my model x would have lost me around 13k through Tesla. Also, I am having issues with my current Model X and I am currently driving a model 3 loaner. Figured I will wait until the dust settles and the kinks are worked out and if I still want one I can always get it later. Good luck everyone!

You do realize that the 6 seater they switched it to is now $3500 + $12500 more than it was when you ordered it, right?

Tesla just pushed my service appointment all the way to april 5th 😒. The more I drive the car the worse it gets. Everything was fine now it sounds like a rattle box lol. Speaker grill rattling, driver seat squeaking every bump, something on the 2nd row rattles I can’t tell what it is. My tail light cover fell off. The plastic trim near the hydraulic on my FWD is not popped all the way in. Sheeeeeeeeesh . My left signal light says it has a fault and needs to be fixed by service occasionally.
I want the bigness of the X, but if you watch Sandy Munro’s engineering review of the Model S (~=X) doors vs the 3/Y doors, it is striking how ridiculous and manual-labor-intensive traditional car door design is (and by extension, other structures in the vehicle), leading to actual lost bolts/nuts inside hollow parts of the car structure.

This all leads to wanting a model Y / really the cybertruck.

With all the roboticization of the car line, there are STILL WAAY TOO many complicated awkward assembly points requiring human struggle and error.

Hi folks! I picked up my blue/cream/6 seat/20"/no FSD MX yesterday evening from the Devon, PA SC. Process was super smooth and the car looked great. Only 2 issues: the fobs were missing and there was a crack in the windshield right at the base of the trim going from the rear view mirror back towards the roof of the car (photo below). You can't see the crack from the driver's side, but thankfully I brought my eagle-eyed wife along. Anyway, I have a service appointment scheduled to get the fobs and replace the windshield.

After pickup, I drove the car about 80 miles back home. The time flew by! What an awesome car!
IMG_4024.jpg

Hehe, I feel like I won the lottery!
I have been on the July 2022 EDD for weeks, but this morning Tesla in Lynnwood, WA called and said a car in my configuration had "become available" and would be delivered to their store for pickup next week.
I have VIN 7SAXCBE58NF335xxx and pickup scheduled for Friday 3/25/22!

Last edited:
I have been on the July 2022 EDD for weeks, but this morning Tesla in Lynnwood, WA called and said a car in my configuration had "become available" and would be delivered to their store for pickup next week.
I have VIN 7SAXCBE58NF335xxx and pickup scheduled for Friday 2/25/22!

Interesting. Does this mean it was someone else's originally that didn't take delivery? Did it appear in the your app first?

Reactions: Great White
I have VIN 7SAXCBE58NF335xxx and pickup scheduled for Friday 2/25/22!
Here comes the lucky time traveler! Picking up in the past!😂 Congrats!!

This is looking real. Just got a text from Tesla Las Vegas saying to watch for a UPS air delivery to my home with papers to sign, photograph, text images back, and return wet signature docs for my 2018 Red/cream MX 5 seater trade in that has been such a nice temporary vehicle for me. Watch for it on the Tesla used car site soon - assuming I take delivery of my 2021 field model
Similar situation as you, I had a delivery date of 3/25-3/30 and then this morning I check and it has moved to July. So sad, the local service center even advised me to begin the financing/insurance stuff so that the Pick-Up process would be smooth. Spent about 30 minutes on hold to be told the same thing that they can't do anything for me. I'm starting to feel like maybe they wish the long time order holders would just cancel, so that they can sell their cars at the current price.
… or that they accept a dusty 2021 year field model …

Reactions: Great White
I have VIN 7SAXCBE58NF335xxx and pickup scheduled for Friday 3/25/22!
We ordered the same day but I have 5 seater. Happy for you and hope you have a flawless car.

Hi folks! I picked up my blue/cream/6 seat/20"/no FSD MX yesterday evening from the Devon, PA SC. Process was super smooth and the car looked great. Only 2 issues: the fobs were missing and there was a crack in the windshield right at the base of the trim going from the rear view mirror back towards the roof of the car (photo below). You can't see the crack from the driver's side, but thankfully I brought my eagle-eyed wife along. Anyway, I have a service appointment scheduled to get the fobs and replace the windshield.

After pickup, I drove the car about 80 miles back home. The time flew by! What an awesome car!
Absolutely a joke! the QC is not in existence. and this will continue as long as you all are willing to accept the car with all of those defects.
scheduling service appointment for what Is now a much more expansive car than some of the TOP cars out there is absolutely absurd.
you are doing an 'eagle eye' check but to the best of my knowledge no one on this forum as an X-ray vision and god knows what is happening with what you can't see...It is a matter of time before someone here will say "picked up my car and it is awesome except the wheel flow off while I was driving but I scheduled a service appointment for a month from now'

Tesla would have had 75% less deliveries if we would all just refuse to take the car like that and maybe then they would wakeup and start delivering cars that actually worth their prices

Tbh I’m not sure. I don’t remember if the folks who mentioned it were referring to LR, Plaid or both.

Actually, I have yet to find any mention or complaint that the MXP has the shudder. There are numerous complaints about the MSP so one would assume the MXP still has it too, but not that anyone has complained. This is with two dedicated threads as well in this forum asking if any MXP has had the shudder.