Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just canceled my Plaid order which was from Oct 2021. I took delivery of a 2022 Model X LR in December. When they changed the configuration from 7 to 6-seater it was basically the same car I already had with the exception of 0-60/carbon fiber. Trading in my model x would have lost me around 13k through Tesla. Also, I am having issues with my current Model X and I am currently driving a model 3 loaner. Figured I will wait until the dust settles and the kinks are worked out and if I still want one I can always get it later. Good luck everyone!
if you decide you still want one, won't you be paying the recently adjusted higher price now that you've cancelled?

Tesla just pushed my service appointment all the way to april 5th 😒. The more I drive the car the worse it gets. Everything was fine now it sounds like a rattle box lol. Speaker grill rattling, driver seat squeaking every bump, something on the 2nd row rattles I can’t tell what it is. My tail light cover fell off. The plastic trim near the hydraulic on my FWD is not popped all the way in. Sheeeeeeeeesh . My left signal light says it has a fault and needs to be fixed by service occasionally.
Dude! My speaker grill has been rattling too. I hear a few squeaks in the back, but I think they may be my twin's car seats. My appointment is on the 24th of March. Originally 28th of February, then pushed to the 14th of March, and finally pushed again to the 24th of March. Assuming it doesn't get pushed back yet again, I will get some answers including why my car refuses to update to the latest firmware.

Here is an interested bit of info. I took my brother and his daughter along with us to the Houston Rodeo last night. They loved the car, but the only feedback that bugged me was how uncomfortable the seat belts were for the captain's chairs in the middle row. They said they were oddly positioned and dug into their neck. I can see that for his daughter as she's 5'5", but my brother is 5'11". So not sure what to think of it. That's something I hadn't tried myself as I'm the driver. But curious what others' feedback may be regarding those seatbelts.

Just got the trade in offer back from Tesla, $88k, on a 2020 Long Range. Sorry, but that is a ridiculous offer. Well less then what other places would just buy it outright for. The cheapest comparable Model X Tesla has for sale is $30k more, there isn’t a dealership out there that would make that kind of money on a trade. Does Tesla not value their own cars, or do they want to take advantage of their own customers? Or both?

This week has been a nightmare for me. Earlier this week I was on cloud 9. Got a delivery date of 3/27-3/31 Saturday. Date shifted to 3/31-4/4 Sunday. Got a VIN Monday. VIN disappeared Tuesday. Now today my date is back to July. What the actual f*** is going on here.
Similar situation as you, I had a delivery date of 3/25-3/30 and then this morning I check and it has moved to July. So sad, the local service center even advised me to begin the financing/insurance stuff so that the Pick-Up process would be smooth. Spent about 30 minutes on hold to be told the same thing that they can't do anything for me. I'm starting to feel like maybe they wish the long time order holders would just cancel, so that they can sell their cars at the current price.

Reactions: jbrowdy
if you have issues with your car at delivery, refuse delivery.

chose to keep it so I could have more time to find any other issues and get them fixed all at once, that’s not how it works at all.

I totally agree with this line. Don’t accept the car with problems. Just refuse it. You will be a lot happier waiting for the better car.

I know this from my own experience with 2022 LR Model X delivered on Feb 2022.

And this the reason why I am here again, joining the waiting pool for the same car. my Model X is est. delivery in Jan 2023.

Just got the trade in offer back from Tesla, $88k, on a 2020 Long Range. Sorry, but that is a ridiculous offer. Well less then what other places would just buy it outright for. The cheapest comparable Model X Tesla has for sale is $30k more, there isn’t a dealership out there that would make that kind of money on a trade. Does Tesla not value their own cars, or do they want to take advantage of their own customers? Or both?

I'm getting lowballed on my S with FSD - supposedly an appreciating asset! :D

Tesla is about $15k below what they sell comparable cars for. I get they need to make some money but this just drives me to waste time going to Carmax except now my fender camera is out and ONLY Tesla will take the car with error alerts. Tesla also won't repair it with the color cameras because, while I have FSD and a 98 score, the "mothership" has to pick me to get the precious cameras. They want $900 bucks to replace a camera that they owe me for anyways.

This company really sucks since 2017. If this wasn't potentially the best car for my family, I wouldn't sign up for another ToD.

Both...

My estimated delivery was listed as July 2022 for quite a while and then last week changed to March 16 to 29 and the changed to March 18 to 31. Woke up this morning to the same March 18 to 31 delivery timeframe, but I just checked now and it has changed to the now commonly reported
Estimated Delivery: July 2022 !!!
This is so disappointing and frustrating!

Dude! My speaker grill has been rattling too. I hear a few squeaks in the back, but I think they may be my twin's car seats. My appointment is on the 24th of March. Originally 28th of February, then pushed to the 14th of March, and finally pushed again to the 24th of March. Assuming it doesn't get pushed back yet again, I will get some answers including why my car refuses to update to the latest firmware.

Here is an interested bit of info. I took my brother and his daughter along with us to the Houston Rodeo last night. They loved the car, but the only feedback that bugged me was how uncomfortable the seat belts were for the captain's chairs in the middle row. They said they were oddly positioned and dug into their neck. I can see that for his daughter as she's 5'5", but my brother is 5'11". So not sure what to think of it. That's something I hadn't tried myself as I'm the driver. But curious what others' feedback may be regarding those seatbelts.
@kingjones94 i may have found my culprit for the squeak in the back. It wasn’t my car seats. Took those out and went on a ride only to hear it still. After playing with every moving part in the rear, this here seems to be the noisy part.

450239D1-CDF5-4D69-A42D-A5E915584755.jpeg

My estimated delivery was listed as July 2022 for quite a while and then last week changed to March 16 to 29 and the changed to March 18 to 31. Woke up this morning to the same March 18 to 31 delivery timeframe, but I just checked now and it has changed to the now commonly reported
Estimated Delivery: July 2022 !!!
This is so disappointing and frustrating!
Disappointing and frustrating to be sure, but par for the Tesla course. I assume that they have given out all the VINs they can deliver this quarter and changed everyone else back to July (or, as in my case, they left me in July the entire time). Unless there are a lot of cancellations or rejections, we are probably looking at Q2 at this point (If we are lucky). I’ve been waiting 11 months. Looks like it will be a bit longer.

Reactions: Great White
I'm getting lowballed on my S with FSD - supposedly an appreciating asset! :D

Tesla is about $15k below what they sell comparable cars for. I get they need to make some money but this just drives me to waste time going to Carmax except now my fender camera is out and ONLY Tesla will take the car with error alerts. Tesla also won't repair it with the color cameras because, while I have FSD and a 98 score, the "mothership" has to pick me to get the precious cameras. They want $900 bucks to replace a camera that they owe me for anyways.

This company really sucks since 2017. If this wasn't potentially the best car for my family, I wouldn't sign up for another ToD.
Yeah…. It is seriously making me question canceling my order all together.

Reactions: Great White
It’s ridiculous. I consider myself a car enthusiast, but I also make wise choices with selling and buying. I have/go through alot of cars. I bought a 4Runner in 2020, brand new, Msrp was 44.5, paid 40.2. Just sold it back to the dealership for 45k. We are living in a very weird time right now. I also have a new Toyota Sequoia on order too…. Oh Tesla, I love your car, but hate your customer service….