Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
On Feb 28 my model X order jumped to Mar 18-31 for a delivery window.
While I read about many others having the date come and go (and eventually getting a vin assigned) mine stayed where it was without moving for 7 days.
Then it went back to july. Although disappointed I was also optimistic that it would revert back with a vin any day now…
Today is day 11 of it being on July, and I’m starting to lose hope. Today is the first official day of that delivery window, so I’m still hopeful!

We have friends coming up on the 24th and I was really hoping to have it by then, as I’ll be loaning out my Model Y for them to use while here. Fingers crossed there’s some love coming to Charlott

Absolutely a joke! the QC is not in existence. and this will continue as long as you all are willing to accept the car with all of those defects.
scheduling service appointment for what Is now a much more expansive car than some of the TOP cars out there is absolutely absurd.
you are doing an 'eagle eye' check but to the best of my knowledge no one on this forum as an X-ray vision and god knows what is happening with what you can't see...It is a matter of time before someone here will say "picked up my car and it is awesome except the wheel flow off while I was driving but I scheduled a service appointment for a month from now'

Tesla would have had 75% less deliveries if we would all just refuse to take the car like that and maybe then they would wakeup and start delivering cars that actually worth their prices
Dude, you are lucky to get any car right now. It is a seller's market.

Alrighty boys and girls, I would like to take a moment to reiterate the advice that others have given here in the past yet I failed to follow:
if you have issues with your car at delivery, refuse delivery.

I had some issues at delivery last night and was told they could take the car back and "try" to get it back to me today or I could just bring it in first thing this morning. I chose to keep it so I could have more time to find any other issues and get them fixed all at once.

Nope. That’s not how it works at all.

I won't go into detail on how they acted like I was the biggest piece of sh*t to ever walk on God’s green earth for having the audacity to walk in this morning or how I was treated, but let me just emphasize had I known how this process would go I would have let them take the car back instead.
The guys at my SC were great when I rejected the car. Made the same offer to fix it, but when I declined they weren't jerks about it. Just goes to show there's a lot of variance between SCs and SAs.

Absolutely a joke! the QC is not in existence. and this will continue as long as you all are willing to accept the car with all of those defects.
scheduling service appointment for what Is now a much more expansive car than some of the TOP cars out there is absolutely absurd.
you are doing an 'eagle eye' check but to the best of my knowledge no one on this forum as an X-ray vision and god knows what is happening with what you can't see...It is a matter of time before someone here will say "picked up my car and it is awesome except the wheel flow off while I was driving but I scheduled a service appointment for a month from now'

Tesla would have had 75% less deliveries if we would all just refuse to take the car like that and maybe then they would wakeup and start delivering cars that actually worth their prices
They have 30 thousand Model X orders at the moment. They do not care partially because of this.

Is there any correlation between changed delivery dates to July 2022 and model configuration? Mine is 5 seater, white/cream 20" slipstream FSD

Has anyone actually received a 5 seater or 7 seater yet?

My imagination is telling me they finally went to install the old 5 seater benches they have lying around and figured it out it won't fit anymore.
Black Tesla on Youtube was surmising that the 7 seat may not fit with the new Plaid rear motor, hence the change. This shouldn't affect the 5 seat though they're not selling 5 with Plaid. One day the facts will reveal themselves.

Reactions: Great White

I'm sorry but.. if Tesla offers me a vehicle that someone else refused for minor break / cosmetic issues, I am absolutely accepting. I need the car today. I can deal with scheduling a service appointment and getting a free loner or unlimited Uber credits.

I'm sorry but.. if Tesla offers me a vehicle that someone else refused for minor break / cosmetic issues, I am absolutely accepting. I need the car today. I can deal with scheduling a service appointment and getting a free loner or unlimited Uber credits.
Same...

Hey, I don't feel so bad now about going back to July knowing others are getting the shaft too lol.
Hopefully they can make something happen for us by the end of the month tho... End of Quarter push!

Actually, we had a fellow member drive his off the lot and his falcon wing door fell off.
Tbh I’m not sure. I don’t remember if the folks who mentioned it were referring to LR, Plaid or both.
I’ve only heard of Plaid having this issue. I’m gonna pay more attention to mine now.

Just make sure the VIN is an N and not an M('21).
This year it’s easy to tell. 7SA = 2022 and 5YJ = 2021.

With all the QC issues being reported on this forum and new improvements coming soon, maybe it's better to be delayed until July...

I'm actually somewhat encouraged by the trend of delivery reports over the past week or two, both in terms of quantity and quality. Of course that's from a very self-selected population of owners. I hope that trend continues.

Also, one of the things I've also learned from owning a Tesla for almost seven years is not to depend on a improvement that someone says is coming in the future. It might come late, not at all, or it might not be as much an improvement as people initially thought. (See "90 pack battery degradation" and "AP(1) will pick you up anywhere on private property".)

Bruce.

I'm actually somewhat encouraged by the trend of delivery reports over the past week or two, both in terms of quantity and quality. Of course that's from a very self-selected population of owners. I hope that trend continues.

Also, one of the things I've also learned from owning a Tesla for almost seven years is not to depend on a improvement that someone says is coming in the future. It might come late, not at all, or it might not be as much an improvement as people initially thought. (See "90 pack battery degradation" and "AP(1) will pick you up anywhere on private property".)

Bruce.

My P85D which I took delivery on 3/31/2015 was extremely high quality. The paint was perfect. It needed no correction before wrapping. There were no swirls whatsoever even under my 10 watt led paint inspection light. Pretty sure it was an EoQ push car.

Tesla just pushed my service appointment all the way to april 5th 😒. The more I drive the car the worse it gets. Everything was fine now it sounds like a rattle box lol. Speaker grill rattling, driver seat squeaking every bump, something on the 2nd row rattles I can’t tell what it is. My tail light cover fell off. The plastic trim near the hydraulic on my FWD is not popped all the way in. Sheeeeeeeeesh . My left signal light says it has a fault and needs to be fixed by service occasionally.
Sounds like my X 😢