Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
With a January 2023 EDD, it is crazy that I catch myself saying “I wish that was me” 😜

This morning delivery date moved from 3/26-3/31 to October.

History:
Order date 12/23/21 with original delivery October.
2/28 delivery moved to 3/9-3/31
3/1 delivery moved to October
3/14 delivery moved to 3/26-3/31 now back to October.
I was pretty excited when the delivery dates changed. Honestly, at this point after reading issues people are having with their cars upon and after delivery, I'm kind of happy that I'm back to October.

Reactions: Great White
Order Date: 3/3/21 California
LR | 5 seat | Blue | Cream Int. | 20" Wheels | FSD | no VIN yet | EDD changed this morning from July 22 to 3/22 - 4/12

Got Email from Tesla yesterday ....
It looks like FSD pushed you to the front of the line, I have the same configuration sans FSD and ordered 2/6/21 and mine still shows "July". :(

Elon has mentioned that the reason they are getting rid of Radar is the conflict caused when Radar visualizes one set of data, and Vision reports a different set of data. Lots of time and processing is necessary to sort out which data set is going to be used to direct FSD commands.

This lag consumes a tremendous amount of data for logic to determine which data stream will be best used to direct your car.

The decision has been made that Vision is the most advanced and has the highest potential to effect FSD. Logic would lead them to develop a visual system most like what humans are using (two eyes) to provide the data to the CPU (brain) to direct the best path for the car.

That is why the radar is being eliminated.
Doing so will reduse cost, free up space for other electronics, reduce power consumption, eliminate conflicting data points, save weight, make frontal crash repairs less expensive, and focus all engineering talent and asset on optimizing Vision based navigation.

That's right, my MVPA does not include Taxes, license or registration fees...

Same...

Hey, I don't feel so bad now about going back to July knowing others are getting the shaft too lol.
Hopefully they can make something happen for us by the end of the month tho... End of Quarter push!
I'll add my name to those getting the shaft. Similar story: Went from July to Date-Range March 22-March 31 for 7 days w/o a VIN and now, 2 days ago, back to July. Been off forum last few days but see VINs issued to orders from July 2021, June, May, April, March. Are there 5 or 7 seat VINers?

Go check it out. If everything looks good then take it. There's no point in suffering through this again. I also have a 21' VIN to be picked up on the 30th. I'll be taking my own advice.

I will push on any 21 VIN. I'm not picking up a car that has sat outside in the elements for 5 months and will have a $20K less resale value in 4 years on kbb vs the '22.

Elon has mentioned that the reason they are getting rid of Radar is the conflict caused when Radar visualizes one set of data, and Vision reports a different set of data. Lots of time and processing is necessary to sort out which data set is going to be used to direct FSD commands.

This lag consumes a tremendous amount of data for logic to determine which data stream will be best used to direct your car.

The decision has been made that Vision is the most advanced and has the highest potential to effect FSD. Logic would lead them to develop a visual system most like what humans are using (two eyes) to provide the data to the CPU (brain) to direct the best path for the car.

Doing so will reduse cost, free up space for other electronics, reduce power consumption, eliminate conflicting data points, save weight, make frontal crash repairs less expensive, and focus all engineering talent and asset on optimizing Vision based navigation.
Biggest problem I think is that the camera image quality is so inferior to human vision. Also seems like the camera placement around the car is not optimal, considering cars using FSD beta have a very hard time seeing left and right at corners and also Tesla engineers can't even figure out how to give us 3D surround view, now available on just about every other brands' cars.

Reactions: retco and jbrowdy
I'll add my name to those getting the shaft. Similar story: Went from July to Date-Range March 22-March 31 for 7 days w/o a VIN and now, 2 days ago, back to July. Been off forum last few days but see VINs issued to orders from July 2021, June, May, April, March. Are there 5 or 7 seat VINers?
Theres been several 5 seat VINS, a couple of deliveries too, No 7 seat news though

i just got an EDD of 3/22 - 4/12 (no VIN), can i put the order on HOLD for the new headlights in June/July or will they cancel the order after 30 days if u don’t take delivery?

The longer you wait, the higher the chance that they will find someway to eventually cancel your pre-price increase order. If you were a 5 seat order originally, then it's an even larger difference between your purchase agreement price and the current price.

• Informative
Reactions: Great White
i just got an EDD of 3/22 - 4/12 (no VIN), can i put the order on HOLD for the new headlights in June/July or will they cancel the order after 30 days if u don’t take delivery?
You can put your order on hold for more than 30 days. I think 90 is the max. I just removed a hold I put on my order for 45 or so days. I'm right back in the mix with everyone else. My hold came off 3/15. My EDD then went from TBD to July, then March 22- April 10th this morning. Thanks to this forum I know not to get excited until I see a VIN.

Seems reasonable. But maybe they should wait until Tesla Vision actually works before they cripple TACC by removing radar. And of course Tesla Vision will never see 200 feet ahead in 30 foot visibility fog.

After 411 days I took delivery of my MX LR last Saturday March 12th. I picked it up in Lynnwood, WA SC.

The pick up went really well. The SC people were really good and the car had been looked over pretty well. My original delivery attempt on February 8th was delayed because the FWD doors needed alignment and then it was noticed that some oil was on one of the door panels so a new one needed to be ordered.

I have only driven it 150 miles.
So far it’s incredible and with the wait. I do like the yoke. I have no issues with the turn signals. THE adjustment did not take long at all.

I’m in the process of doing an XPEL stealth wrap. Never wrapped a car before. Taking it slow. But so far so good. I’ve done the trim above the driver side doors and the hood so far.

Sadly, I went to go take my daughter to school Friday and the key could not be detected. I tried all the things. Key fobs. Phone key. Key cards. Nothing would work. I could use the key fob and phones to unlock the car by walking up to it. So it knew they were close by, just not in the car. Reset the touch screen. Powered off. Waited. Still nothing. Called road side and their only solution was to have it towed to the SC. So now it sits there waiting for a tech to find out what happened. Their initial look said it’s working fine. The keycard I sent with it they said was detected. So not sure what’s up. I hope they find something. Last year I had an issue with my Mercedes where it would crank but never start. Got it towed and the shop tested it and it worked fine. Has been fine ever since.

The tow truck driver was familiar with Tesla’s, but he had never seen a refresh. He was amazed by the yoke. It was fun to see his reaction to the new interior.

Ordered Jan 26, 2021
VIN Dec 14, 2021
Delivered March 12, 2022
Looks like a five seater from the pictures. Not crazy about that carpet bulge at the seat intersection

i dont think so, it requires hardware to do it. Even the 3s and Ys didnt get it until like late 2020?

On your about screen for your car, there is a line that shows if your car has the hardware to charge with CCS, specifically with the Tesla CCS adapter.

There are aftermarket adapters that are bigger that allows CCS charging at a slower rate. I'm guessing whatever makes those aftermarket CCS adapters big is extra hardware that is now built into newer teslas which then allows a smaller CCS adapter they sell at Tesla S. Korea
Have a picture of what that looks like?

Seems reasonable. But maybe they should wait until Tesla Vision actually works before they cripple TACC by removing radar. And of course Tesla Vision will never see 200 feet ahead in 30 foot visibility fog.
At that point no human can see that far ahead in 30' visibility either. Time to pull over. At some point vision will see more than the human eye-- it'll just take time and more refined programming. It already sees things I miss, but not usually. But that cat plus the dude crossing with no intersection may owe their lives to Beta. Because I surely didn't see them as the car braked and swerved hard to miss them.

• Informative
Reactions: ductordoc
The longer you wait, the higher the chance that they will find someway to eventually cancel your pre-price increase order. If you were a 5 seat order originally, then it's an even larger difference between your purchase agreement price and the current price.
Does Tesla really have a history of cancelling orders after price changes? I’ve searched the web and can’t find any evidence of this. I realize they forced Plaid orders to move to 6 seat, but I’m not aware of a rash of cancellations by Tesla due to subsequent price increases. Does anyone have any references to support this?