Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My 2018 the same with Beta. So much improved even over the past couple of months. Improvements happen even without getting an update, from what I experience. Highway lane merges are big hard arresting brakes though. Initiating changing of lanes/merging by braking is a nuisance that they haven't corrected yet. Just tapping on the 'gas' for a bit makes Beta/NOA change lanes way easier. Beta also still finds ways to stop hard in middles of intersections that are too closely spaced. But the overpass/shadow/big truck braking for me is substantially reduced. I don't think my issues I have today are 'lack of radar' based. Love the progress and it'll be excruciating to drive like grandma again after I get MXP.
Note that Map updates which might happen overnight without seeing or ok’ing install might have improved some situations.

But tapping throttle does not teach the car to handle locations better. It used to be very inconsistent. These days you can typically see why it brakes. Usually merges. Shadows, bridges, Sun have very little impact these days. And your foot didn’t teach it that.

I could also tell it appears to download maps as you go. I think my car recently update to new maps. Driving to a new area I’ve not driven before. Map updating was awful. No street names, no POI’s very course and chunky. I even tried rebooting. Next day I took the same route and it was perfect. It downloaded some stuff as needed. It may download meta data like speeds. Etc. more dynamically as well.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
That’s very helpful to know. I’m curious whether you switched from a 7 to a 6 seater to try to get the car early or you genuinely wanted to make the switch to a 6 either way. I don’t blame you of course if you did the first considering no 7 seat deliveries so far.
I previously owned a 6 seater when I placed the original order for a 7 seater. However, I recently drove a friend's 7 seater, realized that I would be better off with a 6 seater. All these days have been waiting for making this switch without impacting the base price.

Reactions: Kitt9000
I've contacted Tesla by phone (local SC number) twice about changing to a 6 seat configuration since we have a newborn since originally ordering a 5 seat configuration and the first call basically was met with a "sure, I'll get that updated for you at the same base price"... but when I didn't see any changes on the account a week later I called back and was met with "they didn't make that change because they can't, you'll have to pay the $32k difference if you want to change to the 6 seat model." It's hard to fathom the greatly varying responses, as if there's no guidance from the top and it's just up to each employee on what they're willing to do for customers. Does emailing really work that much better?

I've contacted Tesla by phone (local SC number) twice about changing to a 6 seat configuration since we have a newborn since originally ordering a 5 seat configuration and the first call basically was met with a "sure, I'll get that updated for you at the same base price"... but when I didn't see any changes on the account a week later I called back and was met with "they didn't make that change because they can't, you'll have to pay the $32k difference if you want to change to the 6 seat model." It's hard to fathom the greatly varying responses, as if there's no guidance from the top and it's just up to each employee on what they're willing to do for customers. Does emailing really work that much better?
This is what I am worried. Getting someone who has no clue and messing my order all together.

Just received my VIN today.. Ordered 2/18/21.
Model X Long Range
Pearl White Multi-Coat
20'' Cyberstream Wheels
Full Self-Driving Capability
Five Seat Interior
Pay-as-you-go Supercharging
Autopilot
Yoke Steering Wheel
Black and White Premium Interior with Walnut Décor
Scheduled Delivery is 3/29/21. Fingers crossed it is a well built car. 🤞

Does anyone know where I can find the most updated Model X pre delivery checklist?

Also, does this new Model X have a 5G chip yet or is it still 4G LTE?
IMG_424E63AD1571-1.jpeg

Just got a VIN for our 5 seater 7SAXCDE51NF33____. Ordered 12/7/2020 in Glendale (Los Angeles.) Blue/cream/fsd. EDD March 25- April 3.

Our previous EDD was July (after about 6 pushbacks) but 2 weeks ago it updated to March. We were doubtful but then got the text to confirm we wanted to take it in MARCH. Then yesterday the EDD went back to July when lo and behold today we got the VIN. Hope it sticks.

I haven't seen anything official from Tesla (there's a shocker) but the tweet below from Sawyer Merritt may offer a clue to why there is so much confusion. Was your original order place before 8/1/21?

1647921732056.png