Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
just email [email protected] with your reservation number and request the change but keep pricing

That is what I did, and below is their response

Thank you for this tip! I emaild and received the following response. Not too sure if this means i'll be put back at the end of the line.
Thank you for reaching out. You can make changes without being updated to current pricing however changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will impacted.

Alright, I'm exiting this waiting room stage right...

Welcome home Vader, my 6th Tesla since 2016. I have to say after doing an afternoon of interior ceramic coating and checking exterior this is by far the best build quality of any Tesla I have owned. Well worth the 282 day wait.

I have the new charge port, not sure what edition of the tail lights I have.
Can't wait to get this thing wrapped in XPEL Stealth.

8FD0A165-7715-41B1-9C94-A387BCC24332.JPG

35C3F078-A06F-4901-A890-9AF2EF7C5846.JPG

B32FB368-44DD-420B-81E7-6EA73BEA4490.JPG

D71B0203-7268-4A0D-9A36-E7202ED86376.JPG

Attachments

• CD170A50-B749-4350-AC4B-8EFA18E84C15.JPG
    CD170A50-B749-4350-AC4B-8EFA18E84C15.JPG
    624.7 KB · Views: 68
I posted yesterday that I received my VIN (7SAXCBE68NF3377XX). Very exciting! With that, and a realistic delivery date range (3/23 - 3/31), I started looking at the tracking spreadsheet to see how my VIN compared to others. I copied and pasted the VIN info from the tracking spreadsheet into my own spreadsheet as to not disturb the entries. After a lot of clean-up, I determined my VIN was the most recent in the sequence. Good news, but how recent was my X built?

I called the number provided on an earlier post (510) 249-3500, Vehicles, New Deliveries, then said "Build Date" when prompted. A nice SA answered the phone. I provided my reservation number. She paused. Long pause. Then she put me on hold. Then came back with the answer. My car does not have a build date yet. It is still in production and may be waiting on parts.

With my delivery being in Southern California (Buena Park) it is possible I may get my car by 3/31, but that is really pushing it. I'm definitely not getting it 3/23.
I got my vin yesterday too. Today I want to the local Tesla, they checked my car said still in production. My Edd now is 3/22-3/30.

My Service date just got moved again. Originally Feb 28 -> March 14 -> March 24 -> April 4. Let this be a warning for those that are willing to accept a car with issues thinking they'll get fixed quickly. No end in sight for me and my issues were minimal compared to some of the ones I've seen posted here. I know everyone is excited to receive their MX, but a little extra patience may work in your favor if it's a vehicle with a lot of issues.

Alright, I'm exiting this waiting room stage right...

Welcome home Vader, my 6th Tesla since 2016. I have to say after doing an afternoon of interior ceramic coating and checking exterior this is by far the best build quality of any Tesla I have owned. Well worth the 282 day wait.

I have the new charge port, not sure what edition of the tail lights I have.
Can't wait to get this thing wrapped in XPEL Stealth.

View attachment 784565

View attachment 784566

View attachment 784568

View attachment 784569
Looks great and where are you planning to get your X wrapped and can you share the approximate cost. Thank you

I totally feel you! It’s quite ironic. I feel happy and excited for ppl are finally getting their MX delivery. But when I saw their OD was later mine, tbh I has a mix feeling about it, especially my EDD is now back to JULY 🥹
This is genuinely hard to watch:
You can always cancel the order, save them the trip.
5 min??? Have you seen the check lists previously posted?? Ok, my understanding is you’ve got 100 miles to report issues and have them fixed. i hope this is true And honored.

I asked the person who gave me a call to schedule delivery. Before he called, I had already checked the VIN to confirm it was a 2021. He also claimed that they were only sending out 2021 VINs right now, and that I would have to wait until 2023 for a 2022 VIN (straight up lying, for the first part of that statement anyway).

Did you happen to mention that a most of the VINs posted in the this forum in the last two months are mostly 2022s with only a smattering of 2021s? You should have said, "hold on while I get the order tracking page up and read you off the 2022 VINs." Bold faced lying. Gotta love it!!!

• Informative
Reactions: Great White
Finally, I asked why are they having a hard time with Model X fabrication (as compared to the other models)... He had a very interesting answer: The X was always hard to build. These same issues also happened during ramp up in 2015-2016. WOW, I was stunned, this guy has been around during both ramp ups and gave me a solid perspective. I was not impacted by these issues when I purchased my 1st X in December of 2017. This answer really made me appreciate that what we ordered is truly the modern version of the Fabergé egg of cars...

The X is the most complicated car that has ever been built. It's actually stunning that it doesn't cost more.

Reactions: DelPhonic1 and lsds
My Service date just got moved again. Originally Feb 28 -> March 14 -> March 24 -> April 4. Let this be a warning for those that are willing to accept a car with issues thinking they'll get fixed quickly. No end in sight for me and my issues were minimal compared to some of the ones I've seen posted here. I know everyone is excited to receive their MX, but a little extra patience may work in your favor if it's a vehicle with a lot of issues.
I'm honestly hoping my July EDD doesn't get changed to this quarter. WAY too many end of quarter issues in general for Teslas and then we have these extended waits for services as well. My Model S has a couple of issues including a driver side door handle that won't extend and service has already been pushed back twice....now early April.

Went to check out My Model X at the delivery center before they did their inspection and detailing. Found out it's a "field" Model X. Build date mid-November.

Old charge port, probably has radar. FWD doors had small misalignment. the bumper where it meets the fender was not clipped in all the way. Won't be able to inspect the interior until Friday, delivery day. The car was pretty dirty and definitely looked like it was sitting in a field for a few months. Paint looked fine though.

Not sure what decision to make. My SA said that a re-match is showing January 2023 on the computer. and rates are going up. Rejecting for an older build seems like a stupid reason to do it. I'll wait until they detail the car and inspect the interior.

Last edited:
I posted yesterday that I received my VIN (7SAXCBE68NF3377XX). Very exciting! With that, and a realistic delivery date range (3/23 - 3/31), I started looking at the tracking spreadsheet to see how my VIN compared to others. I copied and pasted the VIN info from the tracking spreadsheet into my own spreadsheet as to not disturb the entries. After a lot of clean-up, I determined my VIN was the most recent in the sequence. Good news, but how recent was my X built?

I called the number provided on an earlier post (510) 249-3500, Vehicles, New Deliveries, then said "Build Date" when prompted. A nice SA answered the phone. I provided my reservation number. She paused. Long pause. Then she put me on hold. Then came back with the answer. My car does not have a build date yet. It is still in production and may be waiting on parts.

With my delivery being in Southern California (Buena Park) it is possible I may get my car by 3/31, but that is really pushing it. I'm definitely not getting it 3/23.
Well, I have a service advisor I’ve been emailing recently. For a week, I had a date range for the end of this month. He happened to reply to an old email telling me that there was exciting news. My car was “in production“ and I should get a VIN within a week. Then, about a week later, my EDD changed to “July“. They know literally nothing.

I realize I provided no solace to you for your situation. I apologize, but I feel you ;)

Reactions: Zygote1975