Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Went to check out My Model X at the delivery center before they did their inspection and detailing. Found out it's a "field" Model X. Build date mid-November.

Old charge port, probably has radar. FWD doors had small misalignment. the bumper where it meets the fender was not clipped in all the way. Won't be able to inspect the interior until Friday, delivery day. The car was pretty dirty and definitely looked like it was sitting in a field for a few months. Paint looked fine though.

Not sure what decision to make. My SA said that a re-match is showing January 2023 on the computer. and rates are going up. Rejecting for an older build seems like a stupid reason to do it. I'll wait until they detail the car and inspect the interior.
What are your configurations?

Went to check out My Model X at the delivery center before they did their inspection and detailing. Found out it's a "field" Model X. Build date mid-November.

Old charge port, probably has radar. FWD doors had small misalignment. the bumper where it meets the fender was not clipped in all the way. Won't be able to inspect the interior until Friday, delivery day. The car was pretty dirty and definitely looked like it was sitting in a field for a few months. Paint looked fine though.

Not sure what decision to make. My SA said that a re-match is showing January 2023 on the computer. and rates are going up. Rejecting for an older build seems like a stupid reason to do it. I'll wait until they detail the car and inspect the interior.
Does your VIN indicate a 2021?

Alright, I'm exiting this waiting room stage right...

Welcome home Vader, my 6th Tesla since 2016. I have to say after doing an afternoon of interior ceramic coating and checking exterior this is by far the best build quality of any Tesla I have owned. Well worth the 282 day wait.

I have the new charge port, not sure what edition of the tail lights I have.
Can't wait to get this thing wrapped in XPEL Stealth.

View attachment 784565

View attachment 784566

View attachment 784568

View attachment 784569
XPEL Stealth ftw!!!!!
Alright, I'm exiting this waiting room stage right...

Welcome home Vader, my 6th Tesla since 2016. I have to say after doing an afternoon of interior ceramic coating and checking exterior this is by far the best build quality of any Tesla I have owned. Well worth the 282 day wait.

I have the new charge port, not sure what edition of the tail lights I have.
Can't wait to get this thing wrapped in XPEL Stealth.

View attachment 784565

View attachment 784566

View attachment 784568

View attachment 784569
XPEL Stealth FTW!!!!

IMG_4865 Medium.jpeg

Based on a tip a few pages back, emailed: [email protected] and asked about changing the external color from White to Blue for the additional $1500 and keeping the May 2021 base price. As others have posted we received:

Thank you for reaching out. You can make changes without being updated to current pricing however design changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will impacted. Please advise if you want to move forward with the paint change request.

Best Regards,

Jorge Sanchez

Inside Operations Advisor

6569 Las Vegas Blvd South, Suite 200, Las Vegas, NV 89119

Hmmmm.... White is a far more popular car than a blue one. How bad will this ding me? Heck, I have a 7 seat order and Illinois seems willing to give a $4000 incentive if the car comes after July 1. So I went for it. I guess I have to renounce my offer to be the first 7 seater on here...

Have a Feb. 2021 order MXLR 6 seat. Wondering if Tesla will let me change to a Plaid and keep my spot in line (which should hopefully bump me up much sooner) and to be able to keep my same base pricing as when I ordered?? What do you guys think?
I don't think it would hurt your delivery time frame, but I'm also guessing you must be getting pretty close to getting a VIN on your LR.

Reactions: DudeBro73
Pre-refresh order. 1/10/21. 5 seats, black/black, 22s, no FSD. In SoCal. Currently still July EDD. No text or any other communication since order date. (When i first ordered, it said March 2021 delivery, Ha!)
Yah, the fact that you and I were promised a measly 2k discount for accepting a 10k higher price for the refresh means Tesla refuses to ship us our cars. What a short sighted bunch of BS

Thanks, am waiting to see how delivery goes

No issues with the frunk kit and the new battery?
None so far, the only questionable part was how you attach the power which involves stripping the wire to bare, wrapping it around the jump point, taping it and the shoving the cap back on. The cap is a pretty tight fit without anything so I ended up taping around the cap after I pushed it down as far as I could.

Feels like there could have been a better way, I may end up taking the tape off and trying to heat wrap it for a less rigged up look.

Reactions: lsds and Gurl3x4me