Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Not the BNSF, but the UP. Here is where your baby will land in West Chicago, (Note the X that should have been mine in the front row...)

View attachment 782589

View attachment 782588
Was driving near here today when I met this driving down the road fresh from the Union Pacific Automotive Facility. Just changed from a White Model X to a Blue one today. This must be karma...

1648086104645.png

I have read through a lot of pages of this thread, and it seems every third post is complaining about Tesla, or their lies, or, their SC’s…

I mean, does everyone still want their Tesla, even with all the complaints? We’re talking a 100k+ car here, and there seems to be a lot of dissatisfaction for Tesla. I am beginning to question it myself, I have a 2020 that I just had in for service, to fix the FWD from stopping almost shutting, every other time. They had the car the whole day, and gave it back and said they couldn’t replicate the problem. What? I replicated it for the service guy right there. It literally happens every other time you close the door. I left, and the second time I go to close it, of course it stopped again, like clockwork.

I have a Refresh on order, and man, I just don’t know… anyone offer up any good advice? Or their thoughts on all of this, lots of complaints, but everyone still wants their Tesla….
I feel the same way, dude. The blinders some people wear is unreal and you know it’s out of control when people direct their ire at the individuals daring to take a company to task for basic, table stakes expectations we’d have of literally any other car company (especially at this price range). It’s truly reminiscent of the worst Apple fanboys. Tesla isn’t a plucky, scrappy startup anymore and it’s well past high time for them to invest in things like customer support and pre- and post-sales service.

So basically like every other car brand that ever existed.

I don't think Tesla is going to get better any time soon. They are going through scaling growing pains and have lost customer focus.
They’ve been profitable for some time now. There’s no excuse for not investing in basic customer service capabilities. Stop making excuses for them!

It looks like someone or some people keep putting future delivery dates in the Delivery Date column. I keep having to clear them out. Please stop doing that and use the notes column instead. Several places in the sheet treat a value in the Delivery Date column as the car actually being delivered, even though they haven't yet. And we all know that until the car is signed off on by the customer that these dates are pretty flexible :)

You have a keen eye. I noticed this as well and made some adjustments the other week. All references of delivered counts now only look at the "Delivered" selection in the EDD column. This way entering the date has no change on delivery metrics.

In addition, another user added some math so that all delivery date math only calculates from days before today, i.e. ">="@TODAY()
1648088028657.png

For the historical data this calculates all dates before the selected delivery time. In this case, all deliveries before the date listed in B57.
1648088051099.png

FWIW....
This is what I think is the Tesla process to do deliveries once a VIN number is assigned, of course in not "Field units"... (based on my experience...)

When you get a VIN (Day 1) ... This is probably the moment they are scheduling the vehicle to be built.
After a few days ( 5 in my case) I received a Text asking to CONFIRM that I will take delivery of the vehicle (and that my profile was correct to put new signing dates in my MVPA). I think this is the moment when the Car has been finished and QA inspected.
After replying CONFIRM... they asked me to schedule delivery appointment. I did it the same day.
At this point I think they send the vehicle to Logistics to be sent to the SC near you (Day 6).
Day 7 I received a text asking to provide proof of my Bank of America Loan. I sent the documents in an email I received.
Day 8 I received confirmation everything was complete for delivery (I think the Car was already in transit)
Today (day 12 after receiving a VIN) I got an email from my local SC giving me congratulations on my new model X. Explaining that the SC representative will call me just before the 2 hour window and saying they will drive the car to my home... I think this happens when they receive the CAR in the SC. So I think it just arrived to Houston and now they will give it the final inspection.
I am suppose to take delivery on day 15 (Saturday) after receiving the VIN...

Hope this helps and I hope my car will be in good shape.
I got the VIN and the text message to CONFRM about taking delivery at the same time - same message. Also gave me a delivery window of March 28-31. Shortly after I replied CONFIRM they called me to set up a delivery appointment at the Tesla Gallery p. They said the car was arriving March 28, and I could pick up the next day. So for me this all happened on Day 1.

I’ve since been working through the proof of insurance, etc. Unfortunately my car is delayed in transit a week, so had to schedule a later delivery appointment. I haven’t paid for the car yet, they originally said I just need to pay before the appointment.

They said that there is a chance the car arrives sooner than the delayed estimate, so I’ll check with them on location of the car next week.

Last edited:
People normally go out of their way to express their dissatisfaction. I'm sure the number of people who are content with Tesla and the Model X outnumber the ones who are dissatisfied. Also, reading some of these posts makes me feel like the majority of these people have never ordered a car to their specification. These challenges exist with other manufacturers to an even worse degree.
My experience with Custom orders with BMW and Porsche were smoother than Tesla. Tesla shows their lack of experience in this area.
The car is just so good in the ways that count, that it's relatively easy to put up with the frustrations. Like having a beautiful woman who loves you fiercely but some days is a real pain in the neck. The payoff is just worth it.

I feel the same way, dude. The blinders some people wear is unreal and you know it’s out of control when people direct their ire at the individuals daring to take a company to task for basic, table stakes expectations we’d have of literally any other car company (especially at this price range). It’s truly reminiscent of the worst Apple fanboys. Tesla isn’t a plucky, scrappy startup anymore and it’s well past high time for them to invest in things like customer support and pre- and post-sales service.
Did you cancel your order? If angry people like you still keep their orders, what do you expect from normal "fanboys"?

They told me too that I'm ready to pick up the car with my 5-month old approval for financing. Should I just to and pick it up? :)
If you can get away with it. I have had Tesla change my delivery dates by months in the past because I didn't know they needed re-approval.
Would love to know if you get the old rate and everything goes through. I was too anxious about my delivery being delayed so I didn't take the chance and alerted them about my financing but maybe they would have just gone through with my delivery and previous financing approval at 2.49%. Now I will be paying about $11 more per month.

Reactions: mr-dmitry
My experience with Custom orders with BMW and Porsche were smoother than Tesla. Tesla shows their lack of experience in this area.
The car is just so good in the ways that count, that it's relatively easy to put up with the frustrations. Like having a beautiful woman who loves you fiercely but some days is a real pain in the neck. The payoff is just worth it.
Haha! How long have you been married and is your wife a model? Or a stepford wife? (That might be Elons next project, part of master plan 3).
A beautiful woman who loves me feircely, I can only dream.....

People normally go out of their way to express their dissatisfaction. I'm sure the number of people who are content with Tesla and the Model X outnumber the ones who are dissatisfied. Also, reading some of these posts makes me feel like the majority of these people have never ordered a car to their specification. These challenges exist with other manufacturers to an even worse degree.
what specification are you referring to?
selecting between 5 colors? 2 wheel sizes? or FSD or not?

Custom order with any manufacturer includes many options (Tesla has some that are standard) and you can customize it to great details so its not like Tesla has to go out of their way for a "Custom" car.

There are definitely some that are 100% happy but I also know that there are some that pretending to be 100% happy to hide the disappointment of paying 120k+ and waiting for so long.
So far I drove 2 S refreshed, 1 X refreshed and my current Y and each and every one of them had an issue or 2...All those I've driven after my order was made and I am not canceling my order because I hope my car would be an exception or I will just sell for profit.
and yes, other manufacturers have issues as well but at least the issues are not constant, the issues that people are brining up are pretty much the same since the X came out so I think Tesla had plenty of time to address those issues but the lack of QC is being justified by the acceptance of the fan boys.

what specification are you referring to?
selecting between 5 colors? 2 wheel sizes? or FSD or not?

Custom order with any manufacturer includes many options (Tesla has some that are standard) and you can customize it to great details so its not like Tesla has to go out of their way for a "Custom" car.

There are definitely some that are 100% happy but I also know that there are some that pretending to be 100% happy to hide the disappointment of paying 120k+ and waiting for so long.
So far I drove 2 S refreshed, 1 X refreshed and my current Y and each and every one of them had an issue or 2...All those I've driven after my order was made and I am not canceling my order because I hope my car would be an exception or I will just sell for profit.
and yes, other manufacturers have issues as well but at least the issues are not constant, the issues that people are brining up are pretty much the same since the X came out so I think Tesla had plenty of time to address those issues but the lack of QC is being justified by the acceptance of the fan boys.
No volume production car is perfect. If you look close enough you will find imperfections. Issue is determining if the quality of your delivered car is up to your level of acceptance. This means, only you can determine if the car is good enough for you. Everyone wants a perfect car, but that is not realistic with Tesla. A car that you would find unacceptable, might just be good enough for someone else to enjoy driving every day.

Reactions: T3slafan2500
No volume production car is perfect. If you look close enough you will find imperfections. Issue is determining if the quality of your delivered car is up to your level of acceptance. This means, only you can determine if the car is good enough for you. Everyone wants a perfect car, but that is not realistic with Tesla. A car that you would find unacceptable, might just be good enough for someone else to enjoy driving every day.
I didn't say other cars don't have issues but the The panel gaps and misalignment is being complained about since the original model S.
I guarantee you that if Tesla had a traditional dealer system those issues would not exist.
Why? because dealers are charging the manufacturer when servicing the car and the manufacture doesn't want to deal with those costs so they pay closer attention to QC although I appreciate Tesla for the no markups that you see when the market is hot but with all the price increases it becomes similar

So basically like every other car brand that ever existed.

I don't think Tesla is going to get better any time soon. They are going through scaling growing pains and have lost customer focus.
Right now the focus is on accelerating the worlds transition to sustainable energy. Scaling back 1/3 to deliver perfect cars is not on their radar. Massive volume is. Weaning off buying Russian and Saudi oil hangs in the balance along with some climate change fact bombs that Tesla is actually doing something about in a monumental way. Time for them to go extreme. I'd rather have my kiddies kids breathe cleaner air anyhow. So I'll tolerate a 2 month wait for a SC visit or two. I can deal with a panel gap. Or a rattle. I don't know about you.