Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got the n2itive lowering links today… set it to 2” lower here’s before and after a for anyone interested in buying them.. sorry for the dirty car it’s been nasty out here lately

Attachments

• 7E2C1FBC-3397-4EE0-BCF3-B7B320686B2E.jpeg
    7E2C1FBC-3397-4EE0-BCF3-B7B320686B2E.jpeg
    649.9 KB · Views: 124
  • 3490C200-1E42-4558-BFBA-B638F227F230.jpeg
    3490C200-1E42-4558-BFBA-B638F227F230.jpeg
    914.5 KB · Views: 87
Dumb question #1: I'm not seeing front license plate brackets stuck on the X from the factory like the S and their 3M adhesive attached brackets. I'm assuming the X has some sort of under bolt on option then? Surprised the S/X don't share the same style of front mount with the redesign.

Dumb question #2: Does air ride height affect comfort? IE High = more travel = comfier than very low? Or is it just a clearance thing?

Dumb question #3: GPS memory ride height. My kid's school car line has a ton of speed bumps. In my perfect world I'd be low / very low coming off the highway and then once I get to the school I crank up to high and then upon exit I go back to low / very low. How does this work in a real world application? How granular is the GPS memory? The school entrance/exit is the same road. I also travel to/from on the same side street. So I can see how the computer would get confused if I'm coming (need to raise) or going (need to lower). I guess I might need to figure out distinct lower/raise locations on my commute? How long does it take to lower/raise?
-edit, Learn to read the manual Mike, Model X Owner's Manual | Tesla I'll have the car automagiclly set to HIGH via GPS upon entering the school, it'll then automagically revert to default (med or low) after I go 35mph or faster, ie after I've left the parking lot. Them boys at Tesla, they think of everything.
how many GPS points can you set to memory for ride height? i.e. can you do 1 for school, home, work, and a friend's house for example?

Got the n2itive lowering links today… set it to 2” lower here’s before and after a for anyone interested in buying them.. sorry for the dirty car it’s been nasty out here lately
Nice! I was wondering if lowering links would start showing up for all the refresh X folks. UPP says you have to have 22" wheels for their lowering blocks.. lol wtf? I'm gonna want my X to look as much as a sedan as possible and I think lowering it really helps in that regard. Probably gonna be my 1st mod after PPF.

What ride height setting is that in the first and second pic?
You get an alignment?
Any issues?

how many GPS points can you set to memory for ride height? i.e. can you do 1 for school, home, work, and a friend's house for example?
Manual doesn't list a limit.

I would be surprised if Tesla was not acutely aware of the rework costs at the service centers. They know their quality isn’t there, even Musk has tweeted about it. Yet, here we are, waiting for Model X deliveries.
Last quarter their warranty cost was around $400 million and the way things are I expect it to go higher and it will be damaging for Tesla as a brand and eat their profits. If the warranty cost from Shanghai are available then it we can know if Fremont is the problem or it’s a company wide problem. I don’t know how they are going to replace the wheels of a running bus.

This Model X may very well be my last Tesla. Depends on how the experience goes. There are only <1,500 people on earth that have been a customer longer than I. I have watched the product quality and customer service go downhill since Model 3 and it is heartbreaking.

I have had a really good experience w/ my Volvo XC40. It has opened my eyes that other manufacturers can build great EVs. The range and performance isn't there yet but it is coming. I am excited to see the Louts Type 132 next week and the Performance model of the BMW iX.

For now, Tesla is still the best in mind-melting performance for a reasonable price so here I am.

Wow, this is just so completely wrong. What manufacturers have worse customer service and product quality than Tesla? Yugos maybe. The stories in this thread rival anything I've ever heard from even the worse dealerships.

Because you didn't need to do it with other cars. I have never seen another new car where opening the doors cause paint to chip off of adjacent panels. Not even 1970's GM cars did that.

Also, you are comparing a $50k Nissan to a $100k Tesla. That is the wrong comparison. You should be comparing to other $100k cars and I can promise you that you will not find these kinds of problems.

Can you share how you are doing a 2 month hold? When I called to put a hold on mine in Feb I was told I only got 1 30-day hold.

My 2010, 2012, and 2018 Teslas were WAY better than what is happening now. I never went into any of those purchases expecting to reject the car but I am with this Model X. Product Quality has gone WAY down recently. In fact, Tesla is currently using up the goodwill they acquired in the early years. As I said above, Tesla is on the verge of losing me as a customer and there are more like me.
I would have to agree with you. I have heard the same sentiment echoed from friends who have been Tesla customers since 2013. Tesla service would drive to your home and switch out vehicles and then bring your car back when it was ready. Tesla mobile service is handy - I've used it twice. (they show up in Ford transit vans lol) The overall service experience has dropped though. I have loved my Model 3 for the last 4 years, but I need an SUV and Telsa is all that's available for my needs for range and performance. Nothing else comes close to having the same combination of performance, range and price. Believe me, I've looked. I may take a look at the Lucid Gravity when it comes out, but likely several years away. Other manufacturers will eventually catch up, and Tesla will return to great customer service. In the meantime, will we have lost all respect for Tesla anyway? We'll find out in a few years how customers will react. Could it possibly be that Tesla is so far advanced that when other manufacturers do catch up with where Tesla currently is, that by then Tesla will have even a bigger lead on their competition?

Reactions: strider
Up to average for whom/what? Certainly not the overall auto industry.

Go buy a Lexus and then tell me about gaps, paint flaws, cracked glass, doors that don't open and close properly etc. Also, compare the service experience at the dealer. OMG, the service experience is so good that some business people and others look forward to bringing their car in for service. White glove treatment, work stations, free refreshments, snacks, and occasionally sandwiches. Ice cream too. Free car washes just for coming by. If Lexus had an EV in the RX line, we would be ordering that right now.

Right now, Tesla mobile service and technology wins. 3-5 years from now, not so sure.
I was surprised at the gap on a Lexus. It looks like more than an inch of gap between the headlight and hood. It was same on both sides

Attachments

• 4E2C973F-2411-4691-9C8B-C6F18E7ED3FC.jpeg
    4E2C973F-2411-4691-9C8B-C6F18E7ED3FC.jpeg
    340.9 KB · Views: 99
In addition, another user added some math so that all delivery date math only calculates from days before today, i.e. ">="@TODAY()
View attachment 785012

I think i added that, but it will still count future dates ahead of today. I could change the formulas to not include future dates, but i think that means we have to do two countifs. One that counts non blank rows, and then another to count future date rows, and then subtract future from all?

Other manufacturers will eventually catch up, and Tesla will return to great customer service. In the meantime, will we have lost all respect for Tesla anyway? We'll find out in a few years how customers will react. Could it possibly be that Tesla is so far advanced that when other manufacturers do catch up with where Tesla currently is, that by then Tesla will have even a bigger lead on their competition?
Well that is the (checks Tesla Market Cap.....) $1.04T question isn't it? If Tesla can stay meaningfully ahead of the competition technologically, there are likely enough people that will put up with the poor quality and customer experience. If not, Tesla will need to improve in these areas in order to retain and win customers.

As in all things, the EV industry will mature and the pace of innovation will slow. But there's no telling when and how quickly this will happen. I think the biggest barrier for EV adoption now is cost and the legacy manufacturers are much better at running with lower margins than Tesla. Personally, I think that once the legacy manufacturers make a real effort to mass-produce good EVs, that Tesla should abandon mass-market and become a niche manufacturer of high-end EVs - to be more like Porsche and less like VW or Ford. They could continue to push the technological envelope on a product scale that they can manage while providing good service.

This Model X may very well be my last Tesla. Depends on how the experience goes. There are only <1,500 people on earth that have been a customer longer than I. I have watched the product quality and customer service go downhill since Model 3 and it is heartbreaking.

I have had a really good experience w/ my Volvo XC40. It has opened my eyes that other manufacturers can build great EVs. The range and performance isn't there yet but it is coming. I am excited to see the Louts Type 132 next week and the Performance model of the BMW iX.

For now, Tesla is still the best in mind-melting performance for a reasonable price so here I am.

Wow, this is just so completely wrong. What manufacturers have worse customer service and product quality than Tesla? Yugos maybe. The stories in this thread rival anything I've ever heard from even the worse dealerships.

Because you didn't need to do it with other cars. I have never seen another new car where opening the doors cause paint to chip off of adjacent panels. Not even 1970's GM cars did that.

Also, you are comparing a $50k Nissan to a $100k Tesla. That is the wrong comparison. You should be comparing to other $100k cars and I can promise you that you will not find these kinds of problems.

Can you share how you are doing a 2 month hold? When I called to put a hold on mine in Feb I was told I only got 1 30-day hold.

My 2010, 2012, and 2018 Teslas were WAY better than what is happening now. I never went into any of those purchases expecting to reject the car but I am with this Model X. Product Quality has gone WAY down recently. In fact, Tesla is currently using up the goodwill they acquired in the early years. As I said above, Tesla is on the verge of losing me as a customer and there are more like me.

I would describe myself as in same boat as you. My upcoming MXP in the next week or two will be one of the deciding factors on if I ever buy another Tesla. My 2015 P85D was flawless but I've been told and read on this forum over the years that those spring 2015 cars were the highest quality Tesla ever produced. The paint was perfect with zero orange peel anywhere. There wasn't even the slightest swirling from bad detailing prior to delivery. No paint correction was needed prior to wrapping.

I'm hoping to get lucky this time and have one an example on the better quality end of the scale. I will be rejecting it if there are any paint defects that aren't only on the bumpers. I suppose I won't reject for minor swirling, but I will for fish eyes, orange peel, or missing paint that requires blending adjacent panels.

Personally, I think that once the legacy manufacturers make a real effort to mass-produce good EVs, that Tesla should abandon mass-market and become a niche manufacturer of high-end EVs - to be more like Porsche and less like VW or Ford. They could continue to push the technological envelope on a product scale that they can manage while providing good service.

That will never happen. Its fundamentally opposite Musk's vision of saving the planet by hyper scaling. What I'd rather see is killing or retooling products that don't scale. The door construction of the S/X are perfect examples. The amount of labor required to assemble an S door vs a 3 door is many multiples of the 3 due to the 3's modular design. The S/X should be retooled for moduler scaled manufacturing or they should just be discontinued.

I think just the opposite of what you think. I think the S/X will be terminated leaving product that can be produced at scale and low cost left.

Last quarter their warranty cost was around $400 million and the way things are I expect it to go higher and it will be damaging for Tesla as a brand and eat their profits. If the warranty cost from Shanghai are available then it we can know if Fremont is the problem or it’s a company wide problem. I don’t know how they are going to replace the wheels of a running bus.
Interesting point: if Tesla improved quality and reduced the cost of rework at the service centers, it would allow them to improve profitability, lower the sales price, or a combination of both.

I think just the opposite of what you think. I think the S/X will be terminated leaving product that can be produced at scale and low cost left.
Maybe, but mainstream car makers sell low-volume "halo vehicles", like Corvette or Mercedes Maybach. I view the Model S/X as the Tesla halo vehicles, which makes the problems in delivery and quality control so frustrating.

I requested to change my Model X refresh color from Grey to Blue via email.

Jorge replied back saying
Thank you for reaching out. Before submitting your request please acknowledge that design changes may impact your estimated delivery date. There is no way to find out how the estimated delivery date will impacted or no guarantee holding your place in line.

My current estimate delivery date for 7 seater Model X is July, are there chances I will lose the spot in the line.

Order date 2/1/2021.

Did anyone who asked to change any config got this reply and went ahead and still changed the config???