Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I got THE TEXT and scheduled my pickup at the SC for Monday.
They wanted to deliver the car so I had to submit myself to a short interrogation over the phone in order to get it changed to pick up rather than drop off.
I don't think the car has actually arrived yet, so I plan on going by Sunday to see if I can check it out in detail before my Monday pickup.
When did you get your VIN? I got mine last Monday and still no call/text to schedule.

Reactions: Great White
I agree that does seem odd. My service appointment is March 28 - I'll let you know how it goes. My crack is cosmetic and hard to see if not at the right angle, so I can live with it until a new windshield becomes available.
I got a message today from my service center rescheduling my appointment to April 4th. They've ordered the replacement windshield, but it's not here yet. When I asked if I could swing by Monday anyway to pick up my missing key fobs, they said they don't have those either - there's a shortage of key fobs 🧐

I got a message today from my service center rescheduling my appointment to April 4th. They've ordered the replacement windshield, but it's not here yet. When I asked if I could swing by Monday anyway to pick up my missing key fobs, they said they don't have those either - there's a shortage of key fobs 🧐
My new X had the wrong rear floor mats - they said they were backordered. So I have non fitting incorrect mats until they get the right ones.

I guess it's all a matter of point of view. The whole being in "awe of Tesla" thing has faded for me. I don't own stock and I am simply a customer.
Having dealt with Tesla Energy and now Tesla Automotive there seems to be an arrogance within the management. It's almost like, they treat me and others like we should be grateful we are allowed to buy their products. That we as customers should always accommodate their needs and adjust our lives accordingly.

I am forced to ignore my 9-5 work (which I need to make my monthly payments) in my efforts to make their end of Q1 delivery date. Phone calls, text messages, the repeated threats if we don't have this Information by Friday 3/25 we will release your VIN to the next customer. I am scheduled to pick up on 3/31 what's the fricking rush? The rush is Insurance... If I don't have what they want, when they want, they still need time to work with the next person to take delivery before EOD 3/31. This is 100% about them. I, the customer do not matter. There is always another one just behind me.

Here is one of several examples, I need to get them an IRS form for my business EIN. You must call the IRS and request a FAX of your EIN confirmation. I spent 6 hours yesterday trying to reach the IRS and finally did at 4:30pm. They said the fax could take 2-30 minutes to arrive. No fax came and they closed at 5pm. Now this morning I called 18 times and I am sitting on hold as I type this, So far on hold 1 hour 27 minutes. If I don't get Tesla this stupid form before 6pm today I lose my VIN.

Here's another, I had a discussion with a Tesla guy yesterday over my trade in. He wanted me to commit to their trade in offer and I told him he'd have to wait until I heard back from Carmax. I ran the Carmax info after work and since Tesla is only offering $21,100 and Carmax is at $26,600 I am going with Carmax. This morning the Tesla guy actually said, "if you planned on using Carmax why did you waist my time having me get you a quote? It's end of quarter, and this is slowing the process down". This sale is not about me the customer, or my having a positive buying experience, it's about one thing and one only, getting the car paid for by whomever and off the lot before EOD 3/31.

So yeah.... the being in awe of Tesla thing is long gone.
Is Elon a living legend, probably.
Is Tesla a better company with an engineer running it? Probably not. Notice how Gwynne Shotwell is president and chief operating officer of SpaceX.
Elon Runs engineering and she runs the company. Yeah he has input, even last say, but he lets her run things. Imagine if the Raptor engine was built and delivered like the Model X is? Let that sink in....

This car had better be the best thing I ever owned or my next one will be a Rivan or maybe I'll go back to Ford if they are ready with a BEV Ford Explorer. We'll see in 4 years or 50K miles.

I saved, pinched and scrapped in order to buy the Model X and the frustration and disappointment Tesla has brought me makes me kinda sad.
Well said. That sounds painful. Sorry for you.

Reactions: Great White
As a relatively casual observer of this thread, and in reading about all of the anger and grief that so many here have written about; I just have to ask why the Model X was ordered in the first place with all of these concerns? Or why were existing orders not canceled where they appear to result in so much anxiousness and nervousness? I’m not criticizing anyone; just trying to understand why so many people here are sticking with Tesla despite all of the expressed concerns. I’ve had a favorable experience with my 2020 Model 3 LR, which led to my ordering of my Model X LR almost 12 months ago, but I’m not sure I would have ordered it if I had experienced the issues others have expressed here. Despite the wait, I’m excited for my MXLR and looking forward to delivery. Some day.
The answer probably varies by person. One reason is that there is no real competition for the combination of price, performance and range.

Some people are kinda stuck, having sold their cars already. That applies to me, because of what Elon musk himself said about the refresh rollout timeline. Having sold a car and being committed to EV‘s, you end up in a position with limited options. This on top of the fact that there is so much emotional equity invested in this process, it’s painful to bail. I think the most straightforward answer to your question is that most people here are committed to electric vehicles for various reasons and there is no vehicle that rivals those made by Tesla. Having owned a 2018 P 100 D model X, I can tell you that with all its problems, it was the best car I ever owned and the driving experience was amazing. So, I get in line for more punishment because there’s nothing better.

Took delivery today! Overall it went really smooth. But in true tesla fashion, I had a misaligned fwd (only one side) and misaligned rear panel by the tail light. Besides a not so clean car (water spots and windows) everything else worked as intended. Fwd opens and closes as it should.

Couple of questions.
Does anyone else windshield fog up with ac on? It’s 85 deg in SoCal today. If that makes a difference.
Also, is the wing suppose to stay up or is there a setting I’m missing.

Mxlr white / white 6 seats. Waited over a year.

Couple of questions.
Does anyone else windshield fog up with ac on? It’s 85 deg in SoCal today. If that makes a difference.
Also, is the wing suppose to stay up or is there a setting I’m missing.

Congrats on delivery!

Tesla removed the active spoiler feature a few years ago. Sadly it is stuck in the up position.

Not that it really needs to go up and down.. but it was neat.

Any plaids with new EDD or VIN? Mine EDD was end of March but then went to July last weekend and now still at July. Was hoping for a new EDD at least….
Yes

Plaid:
@MSR-MXP received a VIN on 3/18/22
@Zygote1975 received a VIN on 3/21/22

Reactions: Zygote1975