Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Would having my car delivered to a smaller/newer SC mean a difference between things being fixed or not?

Example: My car is being delivered to a Rogers MN SC that isn't super busy (Saw someones Blue LR Refresh being worked on)

Do we think that since they aren't as busy, they might do better fixes or fix more issues if they happen?

• Informative
Reactions: MusingLee
Ya... its a bit tricky, I was able to link the account without paying. I linked the account and then exitted. I meant to go back in and verify the account was in fact linked and I would be able to see it when I got there... but in doing so it paid for it.

To me the confusion was 3 things:
1) When I linked the account, there was no obvious way to link and then exit. After linking it took you directly to pay. There was a "back" (which I assume would undo the linking and take me back to that) so instead I exitted the app.

2) The button that got me into the payment to link the account was labelled "Pay", even though I didn't pay. When I went back the same Pay button was there. I assumed this would bring up a page to pay, it didn't... it actually paid.

3) When I clicked the pay button (thinking it would take me to pay,not actually pay) it paid without any request for confirmation. I clicked it and it jsut said "You paid $110k" or whatever.

That sucks. :mad: Maybe this might be bank-dependent in some way (because each bank has a different Web-based authentication system)? Or maybe it's a bad user interface. I've never seen a Web- or app-based payment system before that didn't make you confirm your payment, especially for such ridiculous sums of money.

Bruce.

They told me they would, Im on the fence about it right now... Im wondering if there is any difference in the two rather than just an extra motor and the plaid badge... On my Model Y the Performance had a completely different (and rougher) suspension. So i want to make sure its still the same great car just faster..
I want to know the same. I actually started a thread about the differences between LR and Plaid. If there are any differences beyond the extra motor and some minor cosmetic differences Tesla isn't advertising it.

Just an FYI - Tesla added some new MX tutorials to the app! Interestingly I only see them on the app and not the Tesla.com website yet. You can tell they are recent as they feature the new charge port door design.

1648516724589.png

Are there any differences in plaid vs long range as far as suspension go? Is the only difference an extra mot
Just an FYI - Tesla added some new MX tutorials to the app! Interestingly I only see them on the app and not the Tesla.com website yet. You can tell they are recent as they feature the new charge port door design.

View attachment 787217
Yeah, they were added over the weekend.

View attachment 787217
Yeah, and they have no audio. Except somebody on here seemed to say they have audio if you play them through your car’s Bluetooth?!?

And you’re right, they aren’t even available elsewhere, not even on the official YouTube Tesla channel (has old Model X videos)

Would having my car delivered to a smaller/newer SC mean a difference between things being fixed or not?

Example: My car is being delivered to a Rogers MN SC that isn't super busy (Saw someones Blue LR Refresh being worked on)

Do we think that since they aren't as busy, they might do better fixes or fix more issues if they happen?

I'm pretty sure you can schedule service at any SC. Doesn't have to be the one you bought the car from?

Or are you asking whether a smaller SC is more likely to catch and fix issues prior to delivery? I'm guessing that is just total dumb luck based on who is inspecting the car.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Yeah, and they have no audio. Except somebody on here seemed to say they have audio if you play them through your car’s Bluetooth?!?

And you’re right, they aren’t even available elsewhere, not even on the official YouTube Tesla channel (has old Model X videos)

Try again? I just watched them all. No new information but still well produced videos :)

Edit: Worked on Android. Wont work on iPhone emulator.

Last edited:
Reactions: KidsEyeDr

Also, it is played on my ipad app, but not on my iphone app unless to connect to blue tooth!!!

They told me they would, Im on the fence about it right now... Im wondering if there is any difference in the two rather than just an extra motor and the plaid badge... On my Model Y the Performance had a completely different (and rougher) suspension. So i want to make sure its still the same great car just faster..

I want to know the same. I actually started a thread about the differences between LR and Plaid. If there are any differences beyond the extra motor and some minor cosmetic differences Tesla isn't advertising it.
There are two minor differences with the seats. The perforations in the seats extend to the bolsters in the plaid while the LR is only perforated on the bottom and back. The piping in the seats is a different color in the plaid. I'm not sure if these two variations are for the front seats only or if they extend to the back seats.

There are two minor differences with the seats. The perforations in the seats extend to the bolsters in the plaid while the LR is only perforated on the bottom and back. The piping in the seats is a different color in the plaid. I'm not sure if these two variations are for the front seats only or if they extend to the back seats.
Yeah, I knew about those. Here's the thread I started to track the differences: LR vs Plaid differences. Those minor seat differences are somewhat odd, IMO. Seems like such a minor thing, not worth the parts variance it creates.

Is anyone else having this problem? In the Tesla app, under my Model X reservation, when I play the video guides, they are all silent.

I tried turning off Bluetooth in case my phone was connecting to something else; I tried maximizing the volume, and I even restarted my phone. Still no audio. 😕
Unfortunately, no. I accidentally clicked on one of them extremely early in the morning, while my wife was sleeping next to me 😬

For you refresh owners that relied on wh/mile since last charge and current trip in the trips display of the IC, what the heck are you doing now? I could tolerate the energy graph missing but having to keep the settings screen up in the main display constantly since I live by the wh/mile display to manage my driving style on long trips, this seems like yet another HUGE step back.

It's like the UI is aging backwards like Merlin. They started with the best looking and best functioning display and every major release of software (plus this refresh) gets worse.

Can the main display be customized to display wh/mile for the current trip while still having access to music display and nav?