Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ohhhh snap - just got a VIN!
  • LR ordered 7/2021 --> changed to Plaid 1/31/22 --> EDD July --> 3/24 to 4/12 --> 3/26 to 4/16 --> just now 3/28 to 4/3 with a VIN
MVPA says odo reading is 19 miles; supposed to take delivery in Irvine

how do i know if it's a reject or etc.? should i call Fremont to ask? *UPDATE - called the Fremont # and the guy said the car was built this morning!

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
What wiring harness? Where does it go? The plug and 7 pin port to the left of the receiver are standard trailer hookups already. Or do they provide a harness adapter for other types of trailer plugs?
There is a plug for a brake controller that connects to a harness underneath the dash. The plug was included with the towing package for our 2018 Model X, but not our 2022 Model X. That said, I won't need it myself since I will be using a Curt Echo Mobile brake controller.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
There is a plug for a brake controller that connects to a harness underneath the dash. The plug was included with the towing package for our 2018 Model X, but not our 2022 Model X. That said, I won't need it myself since I will be using a Curt Echo Mobile brake controller.

The brake controller with the 4 pins is NOT included for free anymore.

"A brake controller must be purchased separately, and the required 4-pin pigtail connector can be ordered from Tesla Service."

What wiring harness? Where does it go? The plug and 7 pin port to the left of the receiver are standard trailer hookups already. Or do they provide a harness adapter for other types of trailer plugs?
I’m actually not sure. They said there should be a wiring harness in there and all I found was the hitch receiver. In the hitch bag, there was a second smaller cutout for something but nothing was in there. I’m learning as I go!

• LR ordered 7/2021 --> changed to Plaid 1/31/22 --> EDD July --> 3/24 to 4/12 --> 3/26 to 4/16 --> just now 3/28 to 4/3 with a VIN

how do i know if it's a reject or etc.? should i call Fremont to ask?

View attachment 787102
Congrats! Please let us know if you were able to check the interior before accepting on the big day!

Hey folks!

Picked up the 2021 VIN on Friday - 11/2021 build date. Either I’m not that picky or I got lucky - this car is near flawless. I scanned the entire car before accepting (following the checklist) and couldn’t find anything wrong with it. I’m very happy with the 2021. Since Friday, the family and I drove it down to Florida. So I’ve already put 1000 miles on it. There are a few minor things I’m going to have the SC look at, but overall I’m loving it.

Interesting during pickup, the sales rep would not let me into the car without accepting. I thought this was odd. I think the person may have been new. I said no way, they asked their manager who open it up right away. I was talking with the manager a bunch about quality and what not. He said that since these are new models off the line, they get inspected by their techs instead of the standard SA review. I do believe they did a thorough review of the car. I’m getting the feeling that Tesla quality is very dependent on how good the SC is…

Coming from a Model 3, this thing is a lot bigger. It feels like I’m driving a tank in the clouds - very comfortable ride. I do miss the sporty feel of the 3 though. Being 6’5”, this is the first car I have full field of vision out of the driver’s seat - love the cockpit. The yoke took a little bit to get used to - overall it’s not a big deal either way for me. I prefer the yoke, but I feel like the yolk is better suited for a sports car, not a SUV. For highway cruising, my hand rests perfectly on the bottom of the yolk, better than a steering wheel.

Items that need attention:
- Passenger FWD sticks out a hair - cosmetically it doesn’t bother me, but I get wind noise at high speeds (75+)
- tow kit was missing the wiring harness. SC is sending it to me.
- one of the trunk LEDs is out
- driver side tweeter speaker might be blown or not seated right. It buzzes/rings when playing music loudly.

View attachment 787012
Two other items I forgot to mention. The car had 19 miles on it at pick up and there was already a phone paired to Bluetooth. I’m guessing this was for testing.

how do i know if it's a reject or etc.? should i call Fremont to ask?

View attachment 787102
Nice, I am 8/21 Ordered original Plaid X also targeting Irvine.

Current EDD April 02 - April 23 from 3/26-4/15. Hope this means i'm coming up real soon

Congrats! Please let us know if you were able to check the interior before accepting on the big day!
for sure! i hope they will let me see the inside before accepting....i hear discrepancies of ppl not being able to see the inside unless they accept so hopefully i get to

Nice, I am 8/21 Ordered original Plaid X also targeting Irvine.

Current EDD April 02 - April 23 from 3/26-4/15. Hope this means i'm coming up real soon
yeah - i called the Fremont # and the guy said my car got built this morning (he also said the QA process is much more rigorous over the last few weeks but who knows if that's true lol)

Like many others, I recently showed a March 25-April 15 estimated delivery date. Was even contacted by them to discuss a trade in. Yesterday that was moved back to the "July" date.

Since I ordered prior to the recent price increases, is it possible that Tesla is simply selling the available X at the new higher pricing, and moving many of us back in the line with a nebulous July date? :(.

Hi, can you please take a picture of the Curt Echo plugged into the Model X socket, is it close from the ground ??

NO VIN. Yet, I got a date range once more. It happened earlier in March and pushed back to July. Now range is March 29th to April 15.

Order date 04/19/2021
RN11482XXXX
MXLR
White/Beige
20 inch wheels.
No FSD
My order is 4 days earlier, the only difference being a black exterior and I do have FSD. Mine is a 5 seater. Still showing July EDD. RN11480XXXX. Hope you get a VIN soon.

Reactions: JBTMX and CoryMD
FYI: Just picked up my LR, 5 seat, silver/black. I updated the spreadsheet. Outside of a few scratches (which I asked them to take care of at the next service appointment, whenever that is -- they were extremely minor and the guy who does that sort of detailing at the service center had already left for the day), looks good to me (though I am neither particular nor a car person). I think the yoke will take some time for me to get used to, as well as the slight variations in where things are from the Model 3 (we have a 2018). My husband had forgotten it came with a hitch, and was quite excited. He still misses his Jeep Wrangler from 20 years ago. Anyway, so far so good. We are happy :)

FYI: Just picked up my LR, 5 seat, silver/black. I updated the spreadsheet. Outside of a few scratches (which I asked them to take care of at the next service appointment, whenever that is -- they were extremely minor and the guy who does that sort of detailing at the service center had already left for the day), looks good to me (though I am neither particular nor a car person). I think the yoke will take some time for me to get used to, as well as the slight variations in where things are from the Model 3 (we have a 2018). My husband had forgotten it came with a hitch, and was quite excited. He still misses his Jeep Wrangler from 20 years ago. Anyway, so far so good. We are happy :)
Congrats!

Reactions: lexus26