Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I keep trying to steer people there haha

Yes, the LR jumped in price multiple times in 2021 and once more in recently. Total prices increases are nearly $30K for the LR. This is why I ordered the Plaid on new years which at that point hadn't seen a single hike. At that point, the difference between Plaid and LR was only $15K. At one point it had been as much as $26K different. Now it's back to $24K difference.
so technically, the Plaid only increased just over $11k since 13 months ago?

Today was my day to pick up my Long Range field X. Apparently it was manufactured in Nov. of 21. The delivery went smoothly and the car has been great so far. The paint looked wonderful, especially for something sitting in a field. The yoke takes a little getting used to (more so for my wife). Everything in the vehicle works and there were no warning lights upon receipt of the vehicle. The key fobs did need some extra care from the tech dept while I was there as the fobs didn't want to pair initially. The driving experience has really been interesting thus far. During general street driving the car moves in much the way you'd expect a minivan to maneuver. However, if you punch your foot down the car rockets off faster than my MYP. It's really insane the power this large vehicle has. The delivery center cleaned most of the travel dirt from the car, but it's not detailed to the level I like. I'll probably give it a good wash later in the week, weather permitting. I'll submit better pictures after I return from vacation in a few weeks and receive the car back from my PPF/Tint guys.

Just got the call. Delivery appointment for tomorrow at 10am tentatively pushed out until Thursday due to failing to pass inspection (broken interior trim piece). They don’t have the piece and are calling around hoping to find one but Thursday isn’t even certain yet.

Not a huge deal. But in terms of the bigger picture it’s just par for the course. Another disappointment, another inconvenience.

Torque vectoring is required for dual motor setup in Plaid. LR has a differential for the single motor. Torque vectoring allows the rear motors to spin at different speeds so the inner wheels won't drag while making a turn
Agreed, though torque vectoring does improve performance over a typical diff. Is the diff in an LR X open, limited slip, or electronically controlled?

Today was my day to pick up my Long Range field X. Apparently it was manufactured in Nov. of 21. The delivery went smoothly and the car has been great so far. The paint looked wonderful, especially for something sitting in a field. The yoke takes a little getting used to (more so for my wife). Everything in the vehicle works and there were no warning lights upon receipt of the vehicle. The key fobs did need some extra care from the tech dept while I was there as the fobs didn't want to pair initially. The driving experience has really been interesting thus far. During general street driving the car moves in much the way you'd expect a minivan to maneuver. However, if you punch your foot down the car rockets off faster than my MYP. It's really insane the power this large vehicle has. The delivery center cleaned most of the travel dirt from the car, but it's not detailed to the level I like. I'll probably give it a good wash later in the week, weather permitting. I'll submit better pictures after I return from vacation in a few weeks and receive the car back from my PPF/Tint guys.
Congrats!

ok:
one minor but ridiculous thing that bothers me about FSD is that regularly after a car wash, within minutes FSD “cleans” the front window with windshield washer fluid.

It’s not just after a plain ol car wash; this time I specifically made sure the glass in front of the front facing cameras was super clean. It’s like FSD doesn’t like it so perfectly clear (?!)

Just sat through a Tesla pre-delivery conference call with the Massachusetts and Rhode Island delivery staff and about 15 customer. It was cool that they offered it, they provided info about what you need to have with on the delivery day, how you can or can’t pay. They told us we need to get the car inspected within 7 days in Massachusetts. I did not know that. In Rhode Island you need to bring a check for the DMV…. Just kind of dotting the i’s and crossing the t’s. They then let us ask any questions we had. They made it clear that we will have full access to the car before accepting delivery to inspect it.

Good Job Tesla.

Credit where credit is due.

I believe all Teslas use an open diff. Not sure about Palladium plaid or LR but assume LR changed nothing.

This article confirms all Tesla's have open differential.
Plaids have torque vectoring