Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Few more Q's.

* If I need to add a trade-in and switch from cash to loan, should I do that once I have a VIN? If not, who should I reach out to in the mean time?
* Is there any new info on how long it takes to get FSD beta if you subscribe to the subscription?

Now I want to ask the community has anyone heard of such an issue and if just the inverter is there a possibility I would be able to get the vehicle before the new set delivery date? I was so stoked on picking up the car all my excitement just went down the drain for the car 😔
One of the members here had their new MX die after one day and had to have it towed to the service center. Apparently it needs a new rear drive inverter and will take 3 weeks to get parts, so a 1 week estimate for yours seems optimistic.

* If I need to add a trade-in and switch from cash to loan, should I do that once I have a VIN? If not, who should I reach out to in the mean time?
You can wait, but sooner is better: when I got my VIN, we had only a few days to finalize everything. More time would have been less stressful. Contact "Jorge" at [email protected].

OHHHHHHH EMMMMMMM GEEEEEEEEEEE ..... VINner!!!!!!! When it rains, it pours. Got my MYP VIN a couple of days ago and am taking delivery today and now my actual car is ready!!!

7SAXCBE59NF3339XX

I don't see an option to remove FSD anymore. Is this something I can coordinate with "Jorge" or any other SA at my local SC?

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG .... heart is pounding!!!!

Love it. And so glad you also had minor issues. Looks like their QC process is improving.
Love it. And so glad you also had minor issues. Looks like their QC process is improving.
Picked up mine Monday afternoon and drove home to Wisconsin the yesterday. Everything is fine but a couple of questions. Where is the USB port and where do we find the instructions for the garage opener? Thanks for any help

Picked up mine Monday afternoon and drove home to Wisconsin the yesterday. Everything is fine but a couple of questions. Where is the USB port and where do we find the instructions for the garage opener? Thanks for any help
There should be a USB port in the glovebox with a USB stick in it already for sentry mode. I think there are probably some other USB ports in the center console? The in-car instructions for the garage door opener should be fairly clear, or at least they were when I set it up in my M3. Might be worth googling the manual for your particular garage door opener for its HomeLink instructions as well.

The only scary thing... only 6 new VINs in the past 6 days. (previously averaging between 20 and 26 per week) I know there was a good EOQ push but I hope they don't lose momentum!
I noticed the same thing. I'm crossing my fingers that it isn't due to a slowdown in production but maybe that it is because they are shipping cars to East Coast\Canada\Europe? Although that doesn't really help me get my car any faster :)

Reactions: lexus26
I am really happy for all the 'ole timers here getting into their MX's. But, I am feeling serious FOMO. While I was a pre-refresh order, I have had an unusual route: Original order pre-refresh -> expressed frustration to SA -> SA cancelled my order -> surprise to me -> had to re-order six months later -> SA no longer with Tesla. So, as far as Tesla is concerned, I am a late May order.

I have had several date ranges, but now have "July". Maybe Moe and Larry look at each other each time a MX is pumped out and say to each other: "No, man. For this particular customer, we gotta get it perfect. Better yet, let's delay a bit and get him these newfangled matrix headlights..."

Or, Tesla is just punishing me. Pretty sure its the latter.

Rant over. For now.
I really want you to get your car man, but I still don’t understand why you didn’t push back on them canceling your order. At a minimum, you’re out $2K, and you’re waiting longer.

I’m strangely curious about what you said to the SA because I have to imagine it was a pretty strong threat about canceling that a manager found credible…

I don’t mean to pour salt on the wound, but why aren’t you fighting them instead of venting here? Venting is all good though.

OHHHHHHH EMMMMMMM GEEEEEEEEEEE ..... VINner!!!!!!! When it rains, it pours. Got my MYP VIN a couple of days ago and am taking delivery today and now my actual car is ready!!!

7SAXCBE59NF3339XX

I don't see an option to remove FSD anymore. Is this something I can coordinate with "Jorge" or any other SA at my local SC?

Sorry to break this to you but your VIN is a reject of someone here on this forum.
He said it was in worst condition than a 1998 toyota Celica.

Just kidding, is your heart ok?

Really jealous seeing people get cars. I ordered 1/5/21. It's been 15 months and while I understand Tesla needs to deliver more profitable cars first, I feel like they are going to reneg and cancel my order (showing July EDD). What recourse do I have if they try to bail on my order? Has anyone faced this? Perhaps I'm just being paranoid...

Reactions: msjodilynn1
Really jealous seeing people get cars. I ordered 1/5/21. It's been 15 months and while I understand Tesla needs to deliver more profitable cars first, I feel like they are going to reneg and cancel my order (showing July EDD). What recourse do I have if they try to bail on my order? Has anyone faced this? Perhaps I'm just being paranoid...
What’s your order configuration? I’m not sure what grounds they would have to do this.

They aren't really delivering more profitable cars first (except for Plaids). They just don't know what the heck they are doing.

Automatic match or did you call a number
How did I get a VIN well before my "July 2022" EDD? I was proactive. I made numerous trips to the showroom and service center... making my presence known! :D

Friday, I made another bi-monthly trip to the Austin Domain showroom and spoke with the manager. I told him, if it would get me a car sooner, I would take a near match, as long as it was 6 seater w/ white seats. Then on Monday, as I often do, I stopped my the Tesla Service center to drool over the incoming MX's. That same sales manager happed to be there and I spoke with him again. He had my number and said he would call me if anything came up. And then 2 days later!!!
IMG_5588.jpg

I am really happy for all the 'ole timers here getting into their MX's. But, I am feeling serious FOMO. While I was a pre-refresh order, I have had an unusual route: Original order pre-refresh -> expressed frustration to SA -> SA cancelled my order -> surprise to me -> had to re-order six months later -> SA no longer with Tesla. So, as far as Tesla is concerned, I am a late May order.

I have had several date ranges, but now have "July". Maybe Moe and Larry look at each other each time a MX is pumped out and say to each other: "No, man. For this particular customer, we gotta get it perfect. Better yet, let's delay a bit and get him these newfangled matrix headlights..."

Or, Tesla is just punishing me. Pretty sure its the latter.

Rant over. For now.
I ordered in Mar 2021 and have a “July” EDD, so by my standards you’re getting yours early 🤣

• Funny
Reactions: 1pinhigh

7SAXCBE59NF3339XX

Don’t remove FSD. Seriously don’t. It’s the best thing since sliced bread. I would use FSD at the dinner table if I could lol.

(I am serious though that is silly. FSD is definitely beta but if you get past that, it’s sooo sooo good)