Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They are the newest C-type - you can get adapters at Amazon if you have the previous larger USB types...
Thanks. I was not aware of the newer smaller type. I will look for the adaptors. Once I have that and attach my music stick it might pop up somewhere on the screen. At the moment, even though I put the music on the same stick as the sentry stuff, (in Glove Box) I can't seem to fine the music.

14k doesn't really sound like very much when you consider they delivered 300k 3\Ys... and that 14k includes Model S deliveries
Follow up on this. TroyTesLike estimated 5212 Model Xs produced in Q1. Actual numbers were slightly higher than his estimates. Our spreadsheet shows 194 deliveries in the quarter. So assuming 5500 production, and most were delivered in the quarter that means the spreadsheet is about 3.5% of all orders. Given 417 still undelivered in the spreadsheet, one estimate would be that they have ~12k undelivered orders. So likely at least 3 more quarters before they work through the backlog, unless they have a drastic increase in production, which seems unlikely (Troy estimates around ~10% increase per quarter).

• Informative
Reactions: lexus26 and c_v_h
Hi Bruce, Can you share some images? I have the same issue and trying to get it fixed from Tesla (FWD door mus-aligment). Taking my Model X to CS on Monday. Will keep you posted. Wanted to see how they address this issue with you as well. Thanks

Sure. So the issues to me are the left side rear is low, and the right side front is a little low. The left side is a bigger difference, and if I could only get one adjusted it'd be that side. Also the trim on the left-side rear triangle window isn't stuck down very well.

Left side front:

IMG_8410.JPG

Left side rear:

IMG_8411.JPG

Right side front:

IMG_8413.JPG

Right side rear:

IMG_8414.JPG

Bruce.

PS. I know at some point discussions like this should go to the "issues" thread.

Sure. So the issues to me are the left side rear is low, and the right side front is a little low. The left side is a bigger difference, and if I could only get one adjusted it'd be that side. Also the trim on the left-side rear triangle window isn't stuck down very well.

Left side front:

View attachment 789305

Left side rear:

View attachment 789306

Right side front:

View attachment 789307

Right side rear:

View attachment 789308

Bruce.

PS. I know at some point discussions like this should go to the "issues" thread.
I am sort new to the forum and very new to .... and dont know much about FWD alignment... is this some thing easy for Tesla to fix ? I have similar issue (looks worst then yours) and very nervous to take to to Tesla... dont want then to mess any thing else up.

Left side front:

View attachment 789305

Left side rear:

View attachment 789306

Right side front:

View attachment 789307

Right side rear:

View attachment 789308

Bruce.

I noticed your garage door track — do the Falcon Wing doors sense that? I’m worried about my garage door tracks. I know someone on here or somewhere did a fairly major rerouting of their door tracks to be much higher up but I don’t think I’m going to do that…

I am sort new to the forum and very new to .... and dont know much about FWD alignment... is this some thing easy for Tesla to fix ? I have similar issue (looks worst then yours) and very nervous to take to to Tesla... dont want then to mess any thing else up.

My first Model X also. I have no idea how they adjust FWDs but the service center I'm going to (Berkeley, CA) has always done right for me, and I hope they won't make anything worse.

I noticed your garage door track — do the Falcon Wing doors sense that? I’m worried about my garage door tracks. I know someone on here or somewhere did a fairly major rerouting of their door tracks to be much higher up but I don’t think I’m going to do that…

They seem to. However that side of the garage can theoretically hold two cars (well maybe not two Teslas) and it's an 8-foot door, so the tracks aren't anywhere near close to the FWDs, even when fully extended. So my answer might not be really useful.

Bruce.

Yeah it’s frustrating seeing people order many months after us and get super short wait times for a delivery. I keep telling myself it’s just random luck with someone else cancelling and they have the exact same spec in the local area…

I’ll be here to turn the lights off too!
I wonder if they aren’t being offered some of the rejected vehicles?

• Informative
Reactions: retco
While I wait, I always like to watch the actual Tesla production numbers for the S/X line. 14218 this quarter, 13109 last quarter and 8914 the previous. It seems to me that Tesla might be have this line at a capacity level they like for now which will let the quality improve. It's so hard to improve quality while ramping production. I seem to see more reports these days of a great car so I perhaps they are able to improving quality some now.

Hopefully this next quarter Tesla will be able to finish delivering the April 21 and earlier orders and shift to delivering the May thru August order dates. It's just so fuzzy how many orders there really are in the backlog.

Hi All,

An update/warning for @gglockner and others interested in towing trailers.
I noticed the Echo Brake controller you mentioned you will use for the brake system.

[…]

In my X100D manufactured March 6, 2018 there was no power to this pin.
I had to have service work on the X harnesses to supply this power.

I have no idea whether or not current Model X has pin/blade 2 of the
7 pin connector "hot" or not...
Thank you!! 🙏 I confirmed there is no hot 12V power to the 7-pin brake for the 2022 Model X. I reviewed your other helpful thread; I’m confident I could fix this myself but I’m more comfortable letting Tesla do it during my next service appointment.

I cannot emphasize enough: DO NOT OPERATE YOUR FALCON DOORS INSIDE THE GARAGE - I broke the roof glass of my falcon door (2017 X) doing it!

If the garage door is open (like you can see in Bruce's pictures), the car is smart enough to sense the garage door, and only open the falcon door part way. The problem that happened to me was as follows: I walked into my garage from the house - the garage door was closed. I pressed the button on the wall to open the garage door, then walked over to the falcon door and pressed handle to open it. At the moment that I pressed the car handle, the garage door was not fully open and the falcon door sensor thought there was no obstruction above it and proceeded to open into the garage door, thereby cracking the glass on the top of the falcon door (The hit was on the outer edge of the glass pane, which then propagated across the entire pane...) I tried to stop the falcon door with my hand, but could not....

I was just not thinking at that moment about the sequence of events... And to this day, I am still very aware / cautious about opening the falcon doors inside the garage (I do it, but only when I am right on top of it...)

Even if you sort it out, the real concern is your other family members, who may think it is ok, but not be cognizant of the sequence of actions (one kid opens the garage door, another kid opens the falcon door...)

This is highly doubtful. Taking delivery of any car in California triggers unrecoverable state sales tax. A buyer would need Tesla to go along with the premise that the original sales transaction negates the California rule.

Even if you got Tesla to agree, would any sane person trust them to stick with that “commitment “?
If you never ask the question then one will never know if they say yes or no... and if no, ask why not? All Information is good Information.
Ask if it's possible, as they are not selling you anything. You are picking up a replacement unit. No sales tax involved.