Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Unexpected surprise for me. My M3 trade in had to be re-evaluated with new odometer reading. My original trade in offer a couple months ago was $42,800. New offer is $48,600.00! We're getting nearly what we paid for the car back in 2018 because we were able to get the 7,500.00-tax credit. Hopefully, we'll get our new MX delivery before they re-evaluate again. $5,800.00 pick up!! 😁😁
LR or Performance?

Our 2018 LR offer is still pending (well, two lines are pending but it shows some offer at 41,9)

My Model X plaid is being replaced since they are unable to fix my originally delivered model. However they are asking for me to now pay an additional $6500 in order to take delivery of the replacement vehicle. [email protected] has not been responding. Is there another contact method?

The app is also asking me to pay the extra $6500 for the vin that assigned after the rejected X. I'm assuming that they just need to re-apply the adjustment and that it was tied to the previous vin. They already have my money and I have the screen shots showing it paid in full and the sale price.

• Helpful
Reactions: KidsEyeDr and Donjo
I was actually struck by how quiet the drive units on the refresh X (LR, don't know about Plaid) are, compared to the ones on my 2015 S85D. (At least from inside the cabin.)

Bruce.
Plaid is definitely super quiet inside (significantly more than my MYP and surprisingly similar to a BMW or Benz interior) - i guess JER was correct about the spooling noise when you gun the cars as the motors kick in - sounds like a semi supercharger

My Model X plaid is being replaced since they are unable to fix my originally delivered model. However they are asking for me to now pay an additional $6500 in order to take delivery of the replacement vehicle. [email protected] has not been responding. Is there another contact method?

I got ahold of someone at 510-897-4860 and they said the correction had already been queued and to ignore the automated email and the extra payment due in the app.

Where are the new VINs? I hope we’ll see a steady stream of new MX VINs continuing into the new quarter.
They're probably taking a breather after EOQ. Probably broke some things on the line (and maybe some of the workers too!). Honestly, with an April EDD, I hope they take their time and make my car perfect. Yes, it means more delay, but it's better than getting a rushed car, rejecting it, and then waiting for another one.

Reactions: cjkosh
Sure. So the issues to me are the left side rear is low, and the right side front is a little low. The left side is a bigger difference, and if I could only get one adjusted it'd be that side. Also the trim on the left-side rear triangle window isn't stuck down very well.

Left side front:

View attachment 789305

Left side rear:

View attachment 789306

Right side front:

View attachment 789307

Right side rear:

View attachment 789308

Bruce.

PS. I know at some point discussions like this should go to the "issues" thread.

I guess I'm not that picky after all. I can see two of those pictures show slight misalignment and I'd probably ask for them to be fixed before the first 100 mile / 24 hour rule, but I'd also not make a special trip to service just for that and would be fine delaying the alignment until I had real service issue.