Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

Today’s flyover. Test track parking lot is pretty much empty. Good news?
6198604D-3044-4F95-BA80-DF7979E30356.png

Very interesting. They are testing Lucid on their track!!😂

So, whatever the reason may be, it looks like no new VINs until after 4/15 at the earliest? Who’s going to stop checking for VINs over the next ten days? Probably not me!
It won't matter if you get a VIN. I have a VIN and just have a 4/15 placeholder delivery date. I was told on the phone that it might be sooner or might be later we just don't know.

Only if it was a mistake. MXP 20" is Latitude Sport 3 standard.
If they shipped a car with both, then obviously the answer isn't just that they are shipping Latitude Sport 3 on all cars, unless they switched from one to the other at some point. My guess is that they ship summer tires on southern latitude deliveries and all season on the northern ones.

Or in true Tesla style... just randomly put tires on the cars and ship them...

I am a Data Scientist and even teach Machine Learning and can tell you no ML model can reliably predict when a Tesla will be delivered. It is all random noise.
As a data scientist myself, I can say with confidence you’re completely wrong. Your chance of getting your Model X the next week is -

a random number between 0 and 0.8 + (if you’re in California then 0.2 else 0)

This is called a bullsh*t algorithm

We were worried as well several years ago when we got our model 3 - we went ahead with the white interior although frequently driving the grandkids around. Really no problem at all. Our white interior is still looks new with one small exception. There is a very slight ink transfer from when we wore dark colored blue jeans on the driver seat only. Other than that - perfect. They clean right up with baby wipes. We have the white interior coming with our MX order as well. We'll prob to a ceramic coat to the two front seats.
You, and some videos on YouTube have convinced us! Just text messaged our SA to confirm they can make the change without affecting base price. Unfortunately this tips the configured price to above $99,999 which was a big psychological hurdle for me 😳

Reactions: FDEWEESE
If they shipped a car with both, then obviously the answer isn't just that they are shipping Latitude Sport 3 on all cars, unless they switched from one to the other at some point. My guess is that they ship summer tires on southern latitude deliveries and all season on the northern ones.

Or in true Tesla style... just randomly put tires on the cars and ship them...
All MXPs. The LR wheels that were put on one end was a mistake. Even MXPs in northen latitudes get the Latitude Sport 3.

Could be HW4 that greentheonly suggested would be announced soon, but I kind of doubt they would hold existing cars to retro fit that? To be honest i don't know why they would hold cars to retrofit anything "exciting". Only reason I can think of to hold them is if it was a safety concern that would end up being recalled anyway.
They’re holding them so they can surprise us all with 10 VINs in a single week instead of 5!

I guess I'm not that picky after all. I can see two of those pictures show slight misalignment and I'd probably ask for them to be fixed before the first 100 mile / 24 hour rule, but I'd also not make a special trip to service just for that and would be fine delaying the alignment until I had real service issue.
My Model X has the exact same issue amongst 20+ other items. The SC keeps pushing my appointment out which is crazy. It was this week now it's the third week in April. Also, when turning the steering wheel at low speeds, the front end creaks horribly. Just mind blowing the issues we have. They tried adjusting the Driver FWD upon delivery but it made the trim higher in the front. Apparently there is no fix and that's just how my particular car was built which I find very disconcerting. I also can't seem to get the vehicle to update its software. Still on 2021. Any ideas?

Did anyone see EDD pull in from July as a result of changing config from 5/7 to 6 seat? I made the change in anticipation of improving the delivery date but absolutely nothing yet! So f***ing tired of waiting and checking app 20 times a day :confused:
I switched from 5 to 6 seat about a month ago and it didn’t affect my EDD. Still July. When I switched no 5 seaters had been delivered yet. After I switched it seemed like it started raining 5 seaters…

Thanks...or maybe I'm being too picky? 😎

After some reflection (and getting more opinions) I'm going to leave the right side FWD alone, but have them try to adjust the left side FWD. Unfortunately the car does have a few other minor problems (most notably a "climate control system failure") so it has to go in for service regardless of the FWDs. Also unfortunate is that the first appointment I could get is the end of next week.

Bruce.

PS. Sorry you had to drive all the way up to Fremont just to reject a car. Really hope they can make it right for you on their second try.
Bruce, I am afraid that I have the same issue as you with the misaligned FWD.. They tried adjusting it and it made the opposite side worse. It's a bit of a joke to be honest.. Also a panel gap on the driver A Pillar area.. Any comments on if this can be fixed?

Attachments

• IMG_2285.jpg
    IMG_2285.jpg
    518.8 KB · Views: 76
Last edited:
I talked to my DS, who has been great, btw. She confirmed my new car is built. I said I already figured that since the vin was a hair older than the one I rejected. Even though my EDD says April 4-8, she said they are holding ALL Xs produced recently until after April 15th because they are retrofitting them with something that is going to be "exciting". She said it's NOT the matrix headlights but wouldn't tell me what it was. I'm not sure she really knows.

My paranoid self thinks that all these Xs that are being held were the rejects that they couldn't get buyers to take in time in the last few hours of the 31st and that they are working on them to fix the bumpers and paint issues. I'm also paranoid that for scratches like the pictures I posted previously that they might just use touchup paint. I'll need to bring small bottle of lacquer thinner with a white microfiber towlet to wipe the edges. If there's any touchup paint, it'll turn the white towlet blue.

Maybe they're figuring out what to do about the bumper detachment issue?
Interesting. I called a service advisor today and he claims to have “escalated“ my situation given the inadvertent cancellation by a prior service advisor. First time in anyone has ever told me that. In any case, he told me I might not see any changes in my account for “a few weeks“. Wonder if that lines up with what you were told?