Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I just have to say that I use a shockingly disproportionate amount more expletives during my day when I think about my Tesla Edd, or rather lack of one. šŸ¤¬ I resent Elon Musk and his whole ā€œitā€™s a tough car to build but easy to take pre-orders onā€ w/ their shi**y execution of the Model X rollout. Ugh, there I go again. šŸ˜¬

Having said that, back to refreshing my app and status pages again like a tesla sheep of course. šŸ˜•

At this point I assume EVERY single lease that's going to be expiring soon will be bought out by the lessee since every single vehicle, whatever it is, will be worth way more than than the what the buyout was set to 3 years ago.
Unless you are dumb like me and believe the EDD. In June, I turned in my car rather than buy out the lease because the new car was coming by Fall. :mad:

• Funny
Reactions: 1pinhigh
I just have to say that I use a shockingly disproportionate amount more expletives during my day when I think about my Tesla Edd, or rather lack of one. šŸ¤¬ I resent Elon Musk and his whole ā€œitā€™s a tough car to build but easy to take pre-orders onā€ w/ their shi**y execution of the Model X rollout. Ugh, there I go again. šŸ˜¬

Having said that, back to refreshing my app and status pages again like a tesla sheep of course. šŸ˜•
No argument about the botched rollout. Maddening. I've thought more than once: "To hell with this. Then I think about other EV options. I'll never buy another ICE car, money down a dry hole." But really, what other choice is there? No other automaker has an extensive charging option when you're on the road. No other comes close in technology. He**, Ford, GM, etc can barely turn out a fraction of the cars annually that Tesla delivers in one quarter, with two more gigantic factories now up and running. For the foreseeable future, the only realistic option is a Tesla.

So, I grit my teeth and hope they can finally get their act together on the Model X.

I just asked my 2021+ field model XLR to drive me out to Gigafactory Austin after a quick 250 watt supercharge ( Charged at 1000 miles an hour when I was at 20% ) in Austin. Surprisingly, there was no traffic, no other uninvited party goers like me.
When I got down Tesla Road there were just a lot of gardeners putting in hundreds of fancy plants and grass around the outskirts of one of the biggest super modern looking buildings I have ever seen, right in the middle of a sleepy 2 lane road agricultural area. No Ferris wheel or food trucks from this angle at least.
I continued up the road to the employee parking lot entrance, stopped at a ramshackle guard booth and finally a cute gal came out and I asked if un-invited guests like me could do anything here tomorrow? She politely apologized and said no, the party is just for invitees. I told her lots of us have cars, solar etc and would like to join in the fun but alas she said no. So I told her I will make a U turn past the booth and I drove back past the employee cars and a field of model Y inventory car parked in a big lot, past the gardeners, and back to my hotel.
One other thing about this, my first long trip in my new Model X. Very late last night as I neared my hotel in the darkness, an older pickup truck with a couple of guys in it came alongside honking its horn at me. I rolled my window down thinking they might want to race at the light or something. Instead they asked me if my X was in one of the new secret paint colors! It was pretty dark, and I think those boys had killed a few beers.
I replied, ā€œItā€™s a secret! Wait until Thursday!ā€
They were seen driving off after taking LOTS of pictures in the dark of my 2021+ field Model X LR RED/CREAM! Thatā€™s the report from near Gigafactory Austin tonight!
Awesome, Bill. I'm living vicariously thru you for the next few days! What are your thoughts on your drive and the new wheels since you've had it for some time now?

Something like this?
No it literally looks like someone washed the window but did a really bad job of drying it. Kind of when you lower your window stupidly after a car wash and the window didnā€™t dry completely and itā€™s full of water streaks! I would take a picture but itā€™s not coming out very well. I have no idea how this could happen.. Now the passenger FWD isnā€™t closing all the way. The fun just never ends!

Finally managed to get my X seen by the service center. Posting this in hopes others donā€™t follow the same path.

When I received my new MX, I noticed that my range wasnā€™t the ā€œadvertisedā€ range. I have a MXLR with 22ā€ Wheels. According to the website, my out of the box estimated range should be 330 until it learns my habits and such. Great. Well, it showed a max of 315. Thatā€™s 4.5% loss without having driven the vehicle. I was told that service center would take care of it.

Well, after getting my service appointment pushed back 4 times, I was finally seen a few days ago. The outcome was that they claim itā€™s normal and that I needed to be educated on how range works as the vehicle has adapted to my driving habits. The minute I read that, I went up to the desk and asked how Tesla could possibly know my driving habits on the new X if I had never stepped foot in it before seeing this range. The lady claimed sheā€™d talk to the mechanic the next day and get back to me. That call never came. Iā€™ve called Tesla twice now and been told it is what it is.

The worm on my yoke? It is what it is.

The vibrations on the back seats? It is what it is.

Iā€™m tired of arguing and waiting. Seriously considering getting rid of It now and moving on from this company. Iā€™ve always been a fanboy but damn they treat us like idiots.

Finally managed to get my X seen by the service center. Posting this in hopes others donā€™t follow the same path.

When I received my new MX, I noticed that my range wasnā€™t the ā€œadvertisedā€ range. I have a MXLR with 22ā€ Wheels. According to the website, my out of the box estimated range should be 330 until it learns my habits and such. Great. Well, it showed a max of 315. Thatā€™s 4.5% loss without having driven the vehicle. I was told that service center would take care of it.

Well, after getting my service appointment pushed back 4 times, I was finally seen a few days ago. The outcome was that they claim itā€™s normal and that I needed to be educated on how range works as the vehicle has adapted to my driving habits. The minute I read that, I went up to the desk and asked how Tesla could possibly know my driving habits on the new X if I had never stepped foot in it before seeing this range. The lady claimed sheā€™d talk to the mechanic the next day and get back to me. That call never came. Iā€™ve called Tesla twice now and been told it is what it is.

Iā€™m tired of arguing and waiting. Seriously considering getting rid of It now and moving on from this company. Iā€™ve always been a fanboy but damn they treat us like idiots.
Try another service center.
There are some places with intelligent committed people and there are lots of places with lazy knee jerk people. Yes, if even the lazy knee jerk people were trained better, youā€™d get better results with them, but thatā€™s not reality so if you search a bit youā€™ll find better service.

I'm sorely disappointed that Tesla doesn't put the effort in to resolve issues. Although I'm not so worried about the worm on the yoke, vibration is a whole magnitude higher in terms of concern. The range issue - is unclear. I would hope it would stabilize once it's driven, but I agree that if should have started out from the max advertised range. Makes me wonder if there's a pack issue.

Still, as has been suggested, try bringing it to another service center and see if they'll work on it. It's truly hit or miss between them.

Tesla Burbank, CA removed my worm on my model S, they had to order a new airbag. This was very early on in Model S deliveries so I am not sure if they would still do it now. Back then I didn't know it was a wire, just thought that my steering wheel leather was defective. Maybe worth trying at another service center.

Historically I took my X's into NY/NJ service centers and they had issues fixing stuff. I'm hoping California service centers have better ability to fix issues

My Vin was pulled now my EDD shows July. So maybe that's a good thing until they figure this out. Have you tried contacting them via phone app about the range. When I did for my M3P they ran a battery check when I plugged it in to charge it looking for bad cells. It checked out fine.

Sorry Stro - this totally sucks and I feel bad for you. I've been told the same with my model 3 - it learns how you drive and gives you the range based on that. Well, I bit hook line and sinker, but what you are saying makes absolutely no sense. If they claim this, then it's crap because there wasn't a learning curve for the car. It's new - how can it know your driving habits first time you charge to 100% Lets hope that there is a major software update that takes care of some range. Tesla has done this in the past with the M3.

Reactions: cjkosh and Elixir

This blows, and I agree with much of what you've said about how much leeway we give Tesla vs. any other car company and it's really wearing thin (for me). One thing I've noticed over the last 10 or so months in this thread is that individual experiences are incredibly dependent on the SC they work with. Ex. I've had nothing but amazing experiences with the Austin SC in every facet - in person service, mobile service, mobile tire service, and overall communication/responsiveness. This gives me a lot of confidence (well, hope) that any potential issues with my MX (if it ever actually comes) will be addressed by them.

This blows, and I agree with much of what you've said about how much leeway we give Tesla vs. any other car company and it's really wearing thin (for me). One thing I've noticed over the last 10 or so months in this thread is that individual experiences are incredibly dependent on the SC they work with. Ex. I've had nothing but amazing experiences with the Austin SC in every facet - in person service, mobile service, mobile tire service, and overall communication/responsiveness. This gives me a lot of confidence (well, hope) that any potential issues with my MX (if it ever actually comes) will be addressed by them.
Agreed, Josh the mobile service guy here in the Memphis area is awesome. Gets straight to the point. Repair, replace or recalibrate done. I hope when my X gets here they send him for problems and Repairs.