Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
oh, oops haha. well isn't that still close by? i'm bad with geography even though i live in the same state
Ya its only a 3 hour drive away, which is why I'm so confused as to how the car can be "in transit" for 1.5 weeks now.

I've even offered to come to Fremont and pickup the car from there if truck driver shortage is the real reason that's causing the delay. But since its in a "dead zone", no SA can tell me where the car even is right now. If anyone in northern/central CA area really adores their SA, please send me the number and name so I can get in contact with someone helpful.

Reactions: ductordoc and w1n78
Took the delivery of the car over the weekend. Car is in a perfect condition. Coming from Model 3, the air suspension is great. The car is very quiet as well. The luxury interior is night and day comparing to my M3. The whole ordering process could not have been better. Our SA kept us in the loop from ordering, status during the build, transport from factory to LA, when it arrived, and when it's ready to be pickup. Since we have our current Volvo care lease, we even delayed the pickup for over 2 weeks and they didn't care.

If you are reading this far, yes, we picked up our BMW X5 45e. We still have our MX LR order but at this point, we have jumped ship. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
It is a much quieter and smoother riding SUV than the X but also very different. Congrats though.

Took the delivery of the car over the weekend. Car is in a perfect condition. Coming from Model 3, the air suspension is great. The car is very quiet as well. The luxury interior is night and day comparing to my M3. The whole ordering process could not have been better. Our SA kept us in the loop from ordering, status during the build, transport from factory to LA, when it arrived, and when it's ready to be pickup. Since we have our current Volvo care lease, we even delayed the pickup for over 2 weeks and they didn't care.

If you are reading this far, yes, we picked up our BMW X5 45e. We still have our MX LR order but at this point, we have jumped ship. Good luck to everyone who is still waiting.
If BMW made an EV of that size (seating 6+), added a frunk, gave up on the idea of grilles in general (latest iteration of the kidney design concept is so awful), and built to their traditional build quality standards, they would do so well.

Buying another ICE though? In 2022? Madness. But congrats on the car regardless.

Ya its only a 3 hour drive away, which is why I'm so confused as to how the car can be "in transit" for 1.5 weeks now.

I've even offered to come to Fremont and pickup the car from there if truck driver shortage is the real reason that's causing the delay. But since its in a "dead zone", no SA can tell me where the car even is right now. If anyone in northern/central CA area really adores their SA, please send me the number and name so I can get in contact with someone helpful.
They transship cars to various lots and then when they have a load to the final destination. We have a transship lot here in Dublin, CA. Cars can sit there for a while waiting for other cars to put on the trailer to a location.

They transship cars to various lots and then when they have a load to the final destination. We have a transship lot here in Dublin, CA. Cars can sit there for a while waiting for other cars to put on the trailer to a location.
Ya so one of the responses I’ve received is that the car will be shipped to Lathrop before coming to Fresno. However, no one can confirm if the car is in Fremont, left Fremont to lathrop, in lathrop, or in transit somewhere else at this point which is surprising to me.

Reactions: DelPhonic1
Ya so one of the responses I’ve received is that the car will be shipped to Lathrop before coming to Fresno. However, no one can confirm if the car is in Fremont, left Fremont to lathrop, in lathrop, or in transit somewhere else at this point which is surprising to me.
I have no doubt that someone in Tesla's logistics transportation department can find out exactly where your car is now. I will also bet they will never convey detailed information to anyone in a customer facing job like an SA.

My father-in-law worked in transportation his entire career and told me the last thing you want to do when working with transportation sub-contractors is tell the customer where they product is in much detail. That leads to customer putting stress on people: "why is it taking so long? Why is my shipment stuck at xxx? Can't I go get my shipment?".... It just adds pressure to already incredible stressful job and leads to people doing things out of order that ruins the product or costs the company a lot of money.

If BMW made an EV of that size (seating 6+), added a frunk, gave up on the idea of grilles in general (latest iteration of the kidney design concept is so awful), and built to their traditional build quality standards, they would do so well.

Buying another ICE though? In 2022? Madness. But congrats on the car regardless.
I take it you don’t like the iX? I don’t either so hopefully their next.

Lately this has been my biggest source of anxiety.

I have received a date range of May 19th - June 8th but I have a few hard obligations coming up that I can not get out of. I can only hope that it aligns on a time I am in town.

When they say you can schedule delivery how large of a date range do they give you to pick from? My Tesla ordering experience from a few years ago is very different from what it is today.

I was given a choice of 3 days in end of March. They wouldn't wait 4 more days for the DMV to get my trade in title and they sold the car after I indicated I couldn't get IL to comply with Tesla's timeframe.

I’m a VINNER! LR, 5 seat, FSD, 22”, MSM with white interiors, ordered 4/15/2021. I plan to apply for financing, do you all think I should start applying now? Even if the date gets pushed back a bit, I think the financing approval is typically for 30 days, correct?
View attachment 802489
I applied before the VIN with DCU then uploaded the MVPA once I got it fixed to reflect the financing. Just call tesla to ask them to change you to third party financing and tell them how much you plan to finance so they can adjust the MVPA. Only takes minutes once you get someone on the phone.

I might ask the same of you, but that would be rude. I don't like being rude if I can help it.
feel free to ask. the answer would be no.
If anything, Tesla would increase my order price if they read my posts and knew it was me.

P.S
Didn't mean to be rude, i just find it funny how you praise tesla every little chance you get and mocking others if they decide to buy a different car.

Last edited:
Lately this has been my biggest source of anxiety.

I have received a date range of May 19th - June 8th but I have a few hard obligations coming up that I can not get out of. I can only hope that it aligns on a time I am in town.

When they say you can schedule delivery how large of a date range do they give you to pick from? My Tesla ordering experience from a few years ago is very different from what it is today.
Just did delivery appoint , thy gave me 3 days 5/20 5 /21 5/22

I have no doubt that someone in Tesla's logistics transportation department can find out exactly where your car is now. I will also bet they will never convey detailed information to anyone in a customer facing job like an SA.

My father-in-law worked in transportation his entire career and told me the last thing you want to do when working with transportation sub-contractors is tell the customer where they product is in much detail. That leads to customer putting stress on people: "why is it taking so long? Why is my shipment stuck at xxx? Can't I go get my shipment?".... It just adds pressure to already incredible stressful job and leads to people doing things out of order that ruins the product or costs the company a lot of money.
I had a convo with the Tesla delivery number guy and it was clear he knew something and wouldn't tell me no matter how many questions I asked him.

Me: Is my car still at Fremont? Is that the delay
Roberto: ahhh, well... we don't know where it is. Its at a 'holding center', uhhhh.
Me: Fremont? Lathrop? Where?
Roberto: uhhhhhhh, not sure.
feel free to ask. the answer would be no.
If anything, Tesla would increase my order price if they read my posts and knew it was me.

P.S
Didn't mean to be rude, i just find it funny how you praise tesla every little chance you get and mocking others if they decide to buy a different car.
I'm not mocking others-- if what you mean is how I feel about latest Benzes and Bimmers. I'm just calling it as I see em. I was a big BMW guy for decades, but somehow their design just grew away from my sweet spot where they had been previously. MBenz I never had anything against them and loved the 3 and 4/500 series, but again, the designs seem so flamboyant and tacky lately. Not just the grills but the interiors. Car grills lately are like the gold teeth on rappers, etc. I just can't take it. It's not meant as a slight to the folks buying them. I just don't understand where all of that tasteful design they've shown in the past has gone. Its like the spare interior designs of Teslas parallels the designs of BMW in previous decades. What adjectives did they use to describe BMW interior designs back then? Austere. Teutonic. Like that. Love that.

Also, fwiw, to me a plug-in hybrid is a waste of time. Most people, me included in the past, buy it and plug that Plug-in hybrid in for the first year or so, but after a while the inconvenience of plugging in every night exceeds the benefit in the heart. Then they just fill up with gas and carry useless, unused battery around wherever they drive. You'll probably see studies that show this.

Boy I wish someone would pay me to write this. Apparently it's not my calling.

Last edited:
I had a convo with the Tesla delivery number guy and it was clear he knew something and wouldn't tell me no matter how many questions I asked him.

I'm not mocking others-- if what you mean is how I feel about latest Benzes and Bimmers. I'm just calling it as I see em. I was a big BMW guy for decades, but somehow their design just grew away from my sweet spot where they had been previously. MBenz I never had anything against them and loved the 3 and 4/500 series, but again, the designs seem so flamboyant and tacky lately. Not just the grills but the interiors. Car grills lately are like the gold teeth on rappers, etc. I just can't take it. It's not meant as a slight to the folks buying them. I just don't understand where all of that tasteful design they've shown in the past has gone. Its like the spare interior designs of Teslas parallels the designs of BMW in previous decades. What adjectives did they use to describe BMW interior designs back then? Austere. Teutonic. Like that. Love that.
To be fair people posting about other vehicles are 1) off topic and 2) posting in a TESLAmotorsclub forum generally filled with passionate tesla supporters

No offense intended to anyone who has done so just stating why the reactions are often as they are.

P.s. I also hate BMW looks and would never buy another ICE (even hybrid) again unless I needed a heavy duty tow vehicle as EVs still don’t have the range to tow any meaningful distance with a heavy trailer.

Roberto: ahhh, well... we don't know where it is. Its at a 'holding center', uhhhh.
Me: Fremont? Lathrop? Where?
Roberto: uhhhhhhh, not sure.

Boy I wish someone would pay me to write this. Apparently it's not my calling.
Wow you just described my experience with calling exactly word for word haha