Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla has an exceptional IT department... all of the issues you bring up are legitimate, but there is nothing to prevent them from programming in these constraints into their predictive tools to achieve a more reliable delivery estimate...

I mean, if you can't do this, why would you expect to master FSD? A lot more uncertainty and variables are in that problem...
It's very hard to make predictions as unpredictable things can happen. Things like rejects, missing parts due to supply chain issues, order cancellations, people switching from Long Range to Plaid all make a huge impact. Let's say I'm here in Tampa and I'm waiting for my red Model X Plaid. I'm the next in line for that combination here in Tampa. Now, someone who ordered before me but they had a long range Model X on order and they change from Long Range to Plaid. Suddenly, that customer is entitled to the Plaid that was meant for me as their RN was lower. There are many unexpected things that can happen. Hard to predict such things.

I reset my financing so I can apply for tesla financing.
If I do not apply for financing, do I not get Vin# ? My delivery date is June 15th to July 20.
My Credit card with high balance closes on 12th so after fully paying it off, I need about 5 days for it to hit my credit report.

It's not that Tesla can't do it like GM or other do. They don't want to. The reason is simple. Ther system will prioritize vehicles and orders based on location etc. Tesla does not build any cars specifically to an order. They build a batch of white cars, first performance, then long range with a combination of interior colors and wheel choices. Then they go to the next color etc. Their system will prioritize delivery location based on being able to get the car to that location to the buyer before the end of quarter. They usually start east and move west as the end of quarter nears as of course it is quicker to deliver to California as the Fremont factory is there. It's all geared towards sales and profit numbers. They are more in control of their sales as all the other car makers as they cut out the middle man. For example, if you ordered a red Model X Plaid in Florida and you are theoretically the one with the earliest reservation waiting for such car and it's 5 days before end of quarter and there is a reservation holder in Fremont that ordered much later the same exact car, the person in Fremont will get the car that should have theoretically been yours because they could not get the car to you in time before quarter end, so they deliver to the customer in Fremont as they can get it there before quarter end.
They have a very sophisticated system in place that prioritizes company results over customer satisfaction. They can do that as the demand is so high and if someone is upset and cancels their order, there will be 10 others that will take that car.
Source please. Thanks.

Delivery is in Colorado. EDD was 6-8 this month and I got the text the X left the factory. I scheduled for 13-15 and thought it was strange. Called in and was told it’s possible it didn’t actually leave yet since the carrier wasn’t full enough to transport. Tesla could reach out to reschedule if it arrived earlier but doesn’t seem likely right now.

I reset my financing so I can apply for tesla financing.
If I do not apply for financing, do I not get Vin# ? My delivery date is June 15th to July 20.
My Credit card with high balance closes on 12th so after fully paying it off, I need about 5 days for it to hit my credit report.
I'm not financing through Tesla and I have a VIN. As far as tesla is concerned I'm a cash buyer.

Any updates? Did you receive your VIN?
Have not received my VIN yet, window is now June 6 - June 26. What's really interesting is that two days ago my trade-in (which was pending) magically just removed itself from my order without my having done anything at all. Going to just leave it alone at this point and sell it to a third party when I actually have a delivery date scheduled, which I'm hoping is soon, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.

Source please. Thanks.
Just following the posts of people on here as also on facebook groups and you will realize the pattern of what is happening. I do know that Tesla does not directly produce cars for a specific order but in color batches from a Tesla Service Advisor. There are many examples of people with older LR orders that switched to Plaid and quickly got a VIN etc. The pattern is clear.

Just following the posts of people on here as also on facebook groups and you will realize the pattern of what is happening. I do know that Tesla does not directly produce cars for a specific order but in color batches from a Tesla Service Advisor. There are many examples of people with older LR orders that switched to Plaid and quickly got a VIN etc. The pattern is clear.
Still total garbage to see almost identical orders, ie color, number of seats, wheel size, placed later than yours, in a similar part of the country, get their car before you do. If you go back through this thread you can find example after example of later orders placed that are delivered before the earlier order! For Tesla being a "computer" company their tools are woefully inadequate!

Still total garbage to see almost identical orders, ie color, number of seats, wheel size, placed later than yours, in a similar part of the country, get their car before you do. If you go back through this thread you can find example after example of later orders placed that are delivered before the earlier order! For Tesla being a "computer" company their tools are woefully inadequate!
They do it because at this point, they can get away with it as the demand is through the roof. Tesla tries to squeeze out every possible cent for their quarterly results.

Reactions: Elixir
You got 3rd party financing.
I reset the financing so basically I am yet to complete the pre-purchase process. I was wondering if that'd delay my vin until I complete the form
NO!!!!!!
If you don't complete the purchase with in 3 days of your Delivery date they'll cancel your order and it moves to the next person in line with that configuration.

Reactions: Prairie
Update on my issues that may help anyone else with weird software glitches after delivery. Software update failed so I was afraid I’d be up a creek with all these problems and the hours away from the service center that I live.

Double scroll wheel WHILE pushing brake in reset fixed all problems! I had done double scroll wheel reset multiple times and that didn’t help but saw a random comment about a “hard reboot” by pushing the brake in as well and that seemed to reset whatever demons were in the machine lol.

Blind spot cameras work now, backup camera works perfectly no lag. LTE Internet came on and connected to everything. Mobile app now lets me control everything as expected, view remote sentry cameras live etc.
Unfortunately this only lasted for ten minutes of driving and then it all broke again. From others who have had this apparently it’s an overheating computer issue and software update may resolve it. Hoping I can get an update to work at home on wifi or mobile service will come out and push it manually later this week.

They really shouldn’t be delivering new vehicles with bad 2022.11.101 firmware on them.

I was okay until you said the pattern is clear. You are the first to say you figured it out.

How many miles on Safety Score did you have?

Around 1000… I forget when I started using the safety score but it was not too long after I took delivery — so I had 3 or 4 weeks with it. And I have to be honest, I’ve been looking for any excuse to drive for the last month. OMG I just have this huge grin every time. :)

Have some new gremlins in my XLR. Picked up yesterday. Stuck a USB drive into the glove compartment port while accepting the car. Played some good music through the system. Got a 1TB SSD from COSTCO, formatted it, and put the TESLACAM folder on it. Stuck it into the front port and - nothing. Tried all kinds of stuff. All to no avail. Then put the original Tesla USB stick in there (added some music to test) and the system did not recognize the USB drive. There may have been an overnight software update that could have done it. I'm currently sitting at version 2022.11.101.6. I thought we were at 12.3.

Any ideas?? Have to go to Renton tomorrow - I'll ask them...

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Have not received my VIN yet, window is now June 6 - June 26. What's really interesting is that two days ago my trade-in (which was pending) magically just removed itself from my order without my having done anything at all. Going to just leave it alone at this point and sell it to a third party when I actually have a delivery date scheduled, which I'm hoping is soon, but at this point I'm not holding my breath.
They dropped my trade off as well. Did yours happen to be over the 30 days? They told me they would re-evaluate my trade once I get a vin. I have carmax as a back up if I don’t like the trade in offer they give. The last offer was a fair one.

Have some new gremlins in my XLR. Picked up yesterday. Stuck a USB drive into the glove compartment port while accepting the car. Played some good music through the system. Got a 1TB SSD from COSTCO, formatted it, and put the TESLACAM folder on it. Stuck it into the front port and - nothing. Tried all kinds of stuff. All to no avail. Then put the original Tesla USB stick in there (added some music to test) and the system did not recognize the USB drive. There may have been an overnight software update that could have done it. I'm currently sitting at version 2022.11.101.6. I thought we were at 12.3.

Wow, you’re the 2nd person with a pickup yesterday that has software version 2022.11.101 . What’s going on with that?

What's your vin?