Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Wow, you’re the 2nd person with a pickup yesterday that has software version 2022.11.101 . What’s going on with that?
Hey he had 101.6 - I only had 101 flat. Definitely weird they’re delivering with months old firmware that has major issues. They should be putting 12.3.0 on them at the very least this week then let you update to 12.3.X yourself.

• Informative
Reactions: KidsEyeDr
Just following the posts of people on here as also on facebook groups and you will realize the pattern of what is happening. I do know that Tesla does not directly produce cars for a specific order but in color batches from a Tesla Service Advisor. There are many examples of people with older LR orders that switched to Plaid and quickly got a VIN etc. The pattern is clear.
I switched to Plaid in January but still didn't get my car until May. My 2nd order placed in Feb '22 was scheduled to deliver 3 weeks afterwards. A year difference but only 3 weeks separated the delivery with the only difference being a white(2nd order) versus black interior. But switching to Plaid didn't make a difference for me. Maybe I'm an outlier.

Edit: the 2nd order did have the higher prices so there's that.

Last edited:
My 2 weeks impression post delivery , i had 2018 model to compare to
We start with the good,
yes better built, more quiet inside and better phone conversation while drive on the highway With less noise
Tilt screen , it is a good addition but not critical [ however i keep it towards me]
Fit and finish is better , very good nice area in the middle storage are and arm rest
Yoke is fine , but in certain situations, you miss the regular wheel
Turn signal button i like them and got use to them very quickly
Home charging is better 39 mile per hour
Auto pilot is more better driving, so far i drove 900 mile surprising my consumption 292w
The bad
Back camera resolution is much worse than the old model
Chargrging door stop responding to the button on the charger after few days[ still on the same software i got with the car 2022.11.101}
Missing the old cluster when you can look at th analog clock, energy graph , text, phone.
Can’t believe i need to reach out to the main screen to answer or make call or see who is calling , which use to be on th cluster screen.
Suspension, why i have hight level, if i can only drive on low, unless iam at home , i feel i am driving sedan when other SUV drive by.
Got a battery drain concern, like i mile per hour while it is parking, still working on figure out the reasons
Falcon door are fine, some time needed to be pushed twice to close the door [ sensor seeing ghost}, but very good so far.

Few days ago i called Tesla(canada call center) to get information when my car will depart for Montreal and he said he dint know because if it is the first car in the truck it may wait until it is fully loaded to leave. He also had access to my cars build spec. sheet and gave me alot of infos...maybe some of this can be helpfull for some people.

VIN3457××
Build on June 1 2022
Has Tilt screen
Processor issue fixed...i asked for clarification and he said there is a revised processor unit.
He said it has Premium led headlights that are more then 2× brighter then last gen model x
And for Matrix headlight he said no one knows if or when they will add that to production.

I guess the longer you wait for a Model X the better it gets.

But advice for people in Canada as of September 1 2022 there will be a Luxury vehicule taxe of up to 20% on cars that cost over 100 000$ and that is on top of the 15% federal and provincial taxes so take delivery asap :).

EDD changed to June 8-11
Still unable to schedule an appointment..
I’m thinking my vin is too early for swivel screen, but I don’t really care about that much. If we had confirmation of matrix lights I’d consider refusing it.. but at this point if everything is good I plan to take it. If/when I can make an appointment.

I tried to vacation thing. Was suppose to leave the 7th, ended up cancelling the vacation while it’s still fully refundable.. seems to be working so far lol.

• Funny
Reactions: lexus26
Have some new gremlins in my XLR. Picked up yesterday. Stuck a USB drive into the glove compartment port while accepting the car. Played some good music through the system. Got a 1TB SSD from COSTCO, formatted it, and put the TESLACAM folder on it. Stuck it into the front port and - nothing. Tried all kinds of stuff. All to no avail. Then put the original Tesla USB stick in there (added some music to test) and the system did not recognize the USB drive. There may have been an overnight software update that could have done it. I'm currently sitting at version 2022.11.101.6. I thought we were at 12.3.

Any ideas?? Have to go to Renton tomorrow - I'll ask them...

Someone in another thread said their USB had a problem in the 101 (factory) build that was fixed when they got the first regular build… so if you’re going to a service center maybe ask if they can force push a normal software update? Otherwise I guess be sure it spends a few nights on Wi-Fi?

Have some new gremlins in my XLR. Picked up yesterday. Stuck a USB drive into the glove compartment port while accepting the car. Played some good music through the system. Got a 1TB SSD from COSTCO, formatted it, and put the TESLACAM folder on it. Stuck it into the front port and - nothing. Tried all kinds of stuff. All to no aFolder has to be "Telavail. Then put the original Tesla USB stick in there (added some music to test) and the system did not recognize the USB drive. There may have been an overnight software update that could have done it. I'm currently sitting at version 2022.11.101.6. I thought we were at 12.3.

Any ideas?? Have to go to Renton tomorrow - I'll ask them...
Folder name format, without parenthesis "TeslaCam"

• Helpful
My 2 weeks impression post delivery , i had 2018 model to compare to
We start with the good,
yes better built, more quiet inside and better phone conversation while drive on the highway With less noise
Tilt screen , it is a good addition but not critical [ however i keep it towards me]
Fit and finish is better , very good nice area in the middle storage are and arm rest
Yoke is fine , but in certain situations, you miss the regular wheel
Turn signal button i like them and got use to them very quickly
Home charging is better 39 mile per hour
Auto pilot is more better driving, so far i drove 900 mile surprising my consumption 292w
The bad
Back camera resolution is much worse than the old model
Chargrging door stop responding to the button on the charger after few days[ still on the same software i got with the car 2022.11.101}
Missing the old cluster when you can look at th analog clock, energy graph , text, phone.
Can’t believe i need to reach out to the main screen to answer or make call or see who is calling , which use to be on th cluster screen.
Suspension, why i have hight level, if i can only drive on low, unless iam at home , i feel i am driving sedan when other SUV drive by.
Got a battery drain concern, like i mile per hour while it is parking, still working on figure out the reasons
Falcon door are fine, some time needed to be pushed twice to close the door [ sensor seeing ghost}, but very good so far.
I'm updating a bit here too. I hadn't mentioned that NOA is better and even the plebeian city streets works better as well. No phantom braking, or not seeing close merging cars anymore-- way more graceful especially with slowing the car down for traffic. The slowing down finally works better, actually way better now, than my 2013 Ford Fusion Energi plug-in:).

Yes fit and finish is better thruout compared to my 2018. Some have complained of the center console hardness under the elbow, but on longer trips I haven't felt this.

Yoke still feels great and even sublime. It's one of the pleasantries I miss the most when not driving the car.

I noticed at speed a slight bit of ringing in my ears and realized the noise cancelling was doing its thing. It seems to work only at higher speeds and mutes the lower range road noises somewhat. Turning it off/on I realized that the slight ringing plus less low road noise was preferable to nothing at all. Kind of like all noise cancelling headphones where the sound quality is not great, but way better than even the best headphones when there is noise around you. So not a huge improvement, but it is working. I can't remember if phone calls worked better at speed but I'll have to try it again.

I've confirmed that the subwoofer is definitely disconnected and maybe another speaker or two. The sub slider makes no difference at all when raising and lowering it. The service appt can't come soon enough-- I need that glorious sound.

Charging seems way quicker using preconditioning with 5 to 90 coming in 30 minutes or so at v3's. I'm quite happy with this. The 350kw EA's work great too with the CCS adapter.

Headlights are way brighter than 2018. So bright that I don't care about matrix, these lights work great.

I'm also quite disappointed that I can't answer the phone with the binnacle. I'd love to hear the engineers explain the software related bad-ism that prevents this. I also miss the radio info on the binnacle as well. And being able to control the climate control, and texts, all from the binnacle. I miss those.

Last edited:
FSD : Dash Display looks cool..
IMG_6953.jpg

I switched to Plaid in January but still didn't get my car until May. My 2nd order placed in Feb '22 was scheduled to deliver 3 weeks afterwards. A year difference but only 3 weeks separated the delivery with the only difference being a white(2nd order) versus black interior. But switching to Plaid didn't make a difference for me. Maybe I'm an outlier.

Edit: the 2nd order did have the higher prices so there's that.
As I said, it depends on more than just 1 factor. If you had 2 identical cars with identical color and wheel combination at the same SC, you SHOULD see the car that was ordered first to be delivered first even if it was an order changed from LR to Plaid. However, if any of the configuration items are difference, it's hard to draw a conclusion.

I'm updating a bit here too. I hadn't mentioned that NOA is better and even the plebeian city streets works better as well. No phantom braking, or not seeing close merging cars anymore-- way more graceful especially with slowing the car down for traffic. The slowing down finally works better, actually way better now, than my 2013 Ford Fusion Energi plug-in:).

Yes fit and finish is better thruout compared to my 2018. Some have complained of the center console hardness under the elbow, but on longer trips I haven't felt this.

Yoke still feels great and even sublime. It's one of the pleasantries I miss the most when not driving the car.

I noticed at speed a slight bit of ringing in my ears and realized the noise cancelling was doing its thing. It seems to work only at higher speeds and mutes the lower range road noises somewhat. Turning it off/on I realized that the slight ringing plus less low road noise was preferable to nothing at all. Kind of like all noise cancelling headphones where the sound quality is not great, but way better than even the best headphones when there is noise around you. So not a huge improvement, but it is working. I can't remember if phone calls worked better at speed but I'll have to try it again.

I've confirmed that the subwoofer is definitely disconnected and maybe another speaker or two. The sub slider makes no difference at all when raising and lowering it. The service appt can't come soon enough-- I need that glorious sound.

Charging seems way quicker using preconditioning with 5 to 90 coming in 30 minutes or so at v3's. I'm quite happy with this. The 350kw EA's work great too with the CCS adapter.

Headlights are way brighter than 2018. So bright that I don't care about matrix, these lights work great.

I'm also quite disappointed that I can't answer the phone with the binnacle. I'd love to hear the engineers explain the software related bad-ism that prevents this. I also miss the radio info on the binnacle as well. And being able to control the climate control, and texts, all from the binnacle. I miss those.
Agreed - really hoping we get customization back for the binnacle - so much wasted space. Also why do the blinker cameras show up on center screen instead of using the left or right side of the binnacle? Maybe that’s fixed in newer firmware but mine is a few months old at the moment.

Hoping software updates can fix most of this including adding Bluetooth headphone support to rear screen. It’s insanity that either the kids get no sound and we all listen to Spotify or we all get to listen to the movie they’re watching. We have iPads so it’s not a huge deal but I can see them wanting to play games on that screen so it needs Bluetooth headphone support asap.

What software version are you on?