Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Our vehicles may not come with key fobs. Glad I ordered a cover for them already.

Honestly not surprised about this. With phone key, a fob is not necessary. My fobs are sitting in a drawer. My 2020 Model 3 was not delivered with a fob and I never thought about needing one. Just like the mobile charger, they are an add-on for those who need them.

So this happened within last week. My EDD was holding at July 4 -July 25, I got a text from Tesla asking for VIN I would like to trade in. I sent my Q7 VIN and next day my EDD changed to September 6 - November 1.

I reached out to Tesla and they told me this:

Once we have your trade-in milestone processed and therefore completing your delivery profile, your EDD should be updated to reflect priority delivery based on your original order date.

I just texted them back saying I don't plan to trade in. They updated my account to reflect that. I feel like having a non Tesla to trade in might have played some part in my EDD getting pushed. I hope I get some improvement on my EDD after removing trade in. Thoughts?

So this happened within last week. My EDD was holding at July 4 -July 25, I got a text from Tesla asking for VIN I would like to trade in. I sent my Q7 VIN and next day my EDD changed to September 6 - November 1.

I reached out to Tesla and they told me this:

Once we have your trade-in milestone processed and therefore completing your delivery profile, your EDD should be updated to reflect priority delivery based on your original order date.

I just texted them back saying I don't plan to trade in. They updated my account to reflect that. I feel like having a non Tesla to trade in might have played some part in my EDD getting pushed. I hope I get some improvement on my EDD after removing trade in. Thoughts?
So I have a non-Tesla trade on my account and hasn’t seemed to impact my EDD, but then again I have never taken it off.

Our vehicles may not come with key fobs. Glad I ordered a cover for them already.

Between this and the mobile charger I'm a little annoyed at the nickel and dime approach to a six figure car. I understand trying to shave every dollar of cost off of a Model 3 or Y to make them more affordable for the masses, but FFS this is not the way to treat your luxury high-end buyers!

I would of been cool with it if they said they were only doing it for new orders after July 1st. But for people who order more than a year ago or even last month it was factored into their vehicle cost. So either provide them the key fob or a discount of the cost of the retail value of the key fob to
their order total.

How will the X's self-presenting driver's door work without the fob transmitting proximity? Are they removing that feature?

Reactions: WiseShepherd

Took delivery June 25 and received the two Fobs. Frankly, we aren't using them. Didn't even pull the battery tab. The phones and keycards as backups are more convenient. I suspect since Refresh S and X's started shipping, Tesla's use rate plummeted. So as a Stockholder, good move. Please don't ask, I don't want to sell them at this time. Maybe later but want to ensure I won't use them.

How will the X's self-presenting driver's door work without the fob transmitting proximity? Are they removing that feature?
The phone key provides that functionality just fine using Bluetooth, as long as the car in question is selected in the app (if you have more than one). The key card does not provide that feature.

Considering switching to Plaid so I can get the car sooner. Still gotta talk to my tax guy but from the little research I’ve done it seems sec 179 would be the way to go and would make the 30k difference an easier pill to swallow. Anyone else use 179?
That’s what I’m doing. Ordered LR, wasn’t gonna take delivery in 2022 and Section 179/168 is phasing out to 80% in 2023. Switched to Plaid. If you take delivery this year it can still be as high as 100%. My CPA said I qualify. I have deducted leases in the past and currently do actual expenses/mileage with my Y.

Reactions: Philip_Seattle