Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just got the “hold” this afternoon and had my husband log in and take care of it. Hoping this might be a good sign. We also had a call a couple weeks ago asking if we had a trade in. We currently have only one car (lease went back last month). Doing OK for the summer with bikes and motorcycles, but its going to get old.
My order was put on hold this afternoon as well, my EDD stayed the same after clicking “I’m ready”

Reactions: JBTMX and daftskunk
Is Elon aware how awful Tesla customer service is? I’m not saying that he would do anything about it, but like how would he like to be treated so 💩y ? But like if he isn’t aware maybe he would do something about the stupid rules if he found out. There is also the fact he could be aware and just doesn’t give a 💩. I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♂️. I’m rambling because I just want my MX. 411 days and waiting.

Day 515. EDD had been steady at August 21-October 2 for a few weeks, as recently as this morning. Opened the app again this afternoon and it had been put on hold. 🤦🏻‍♂️ After removing the hold, there’s no EDD. This customer experience has been pretty repulsive.
Same here! I just got "delivery in hold.". Clicked "I'm ready" and now no EDD. Wtf Tesla... Over 560 days of waiting....

Reactions: lexus26 and Elixir
My delivery got put on hold. I actually want it on hold. Emailed last week to ask it be put on hold and the person replied that they can't put it on hold because it might get cancelled if I did. Now I don't know if I should leave it on hold or not.
The email you receive will say you have 10~ days to take it off hold or it will be cancelled.

176EA7B0-E6DA-4EC5-B2DA-6F3D5B126A24.jpeg

Day 515. EDD had been steady at August 21-October 2 for a few weeks, as recently as this morning. Opened the app again this afternoon and it had been put on hold. 🤦🏻‍♂️ After removing the hold, there’s no EDD. This customer experience has been pretty repulsive.
I’m curious, where in the app do you see your order is on hold? Just want to make sure I haven’t overlooked something!

This is what happens when dealerships are cut out and you are essentially in line for a cookie cutter car to be matched to your order.

I got VIN’d paid for the car and had my VIN pulled. No car, no money.

Mine was also put on hold last week and I immediately clicked I’m ready. And I got the VIN yesterday, so I guess they may just use this to identify who are ready to take delivery soon.
I kind of doubt it. My estimate was November 07 - January 16 (Ordered 06/2021), and I got put on hold today as well. I feel like they are betting on the fact that some people might be offline for summer vacations, and might not check their email or order status page for more than 10 days.

Is Elon aware how awful Tesla customer service is? I’m not saying that he would do anything about it, but like how would he like to be treated so 💩y ? But like if he isn’t aware maybe he would do something about the stupid rules if he found out. There is also the fact he could be aware and just doesn’t give a 💩. I don’t know 🤷🏼‍♂️. I’m rambling because I just want my MX. 411 days and waiting.
In Tsarist Russia, prior to the communist revolution, a lot of workers and peasants thought that the Tsar cared about them, and had their best interests at heart, but that because of his isolation he just wasn't aware of how badly they were being exploited. The general attitude was: "It's all the fault of the corrupt, evil people who are advising the Tsar". So the people got together and presented a petition directly to the Tsar, not to try to oust him but to bring his attention to the plight of their suffering and ask him for help.

In response this peaceful delegation got a hail of bullets fired at them by the Tsar's police. More than 100 were killed.

Based on the
Just got the HOLD on my account, click I'm ready and EDD goes back to Sept-Oct. No email notification.

View attachment 829930
For me the hold email came around 24 hours after I had already put it back off hold. I think they are doing this to get a few less discounted orders, and also to remove the ability for anyone to request a future hold.

This is what happens when dealerships are cut out and you are essentially in line for a cookie cutter car to be matched to your order.

I got VIN’d paid for the car and had my VIN pulled. No car, no money.
How does one avoid this from happening? For my M3 I handed them a check when I picked up the car. Is this still the case\possible? Should I not send them money until I see the car on the lot?