Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Recommend getting the alignment checked. I experienced the same thing. It felt fine on the highway, no drift either direction, but I felt it was just too thirsty. Had the alignment check and was told the caster was a bit off and adjusted. The improved energy utilization was remarkable. A test run at 80 mph gave me 310 wh/mile. 55 more like 220 Wh/mile. Unfortunately there is no energy graph available any more, so you have to keep resetting the current trip. But the impact of the alignment change was terrific.
I'm still waiting for my X, but I'm told that even though the energy graph is no longer selectable from the menus, you can display it via voice command.

"Show energy"

Please let me know if this works for you... (I use this all the time in my 3)

Prices used to be 170k€ for P100D back in the days. Mark my words, the prices are about to come down. By the time CT has ramped up, MX prices will be back in the 90k€s.
Yes, what goes up, comes down but don't think that happend in a near future before eur usd course changes by much because that is one reason for price jum and we still have putler and inflation here. Maybe to level of 150-160k€

I'm still waiting for my X, but I'm told that even though the energy graph is no longer selectable from the menus, you can display it via voice command.

"Show energy"

Please let me know if this works for you... (I use this all the time in my 3)
That worked up through 2022.16, but “command not available” is all you get with 2022.20.X (I’m on 2022.20.7). Sucks.

I called EECU today and asked several questions. The 1.99% promotional rate goes away (and with the rate hike will 100% go higher) after August 31st. Before promotional 1.99% it was 2.49%. You can “become a member” before applying for the loan which is really just opening a checking account. Apparently if you directly apply for the loan as your first step you will still have to apply for membership later on so might as will become a member before VIN assignment. Rate lock as part of the loan application (before Aug 31st) is good for 60 days but can be extended another 30, for total of 90 days.

She took time answering questions and said that she is happy to work there, that there are a lot of benefits to membership (auto loan approval for other needs) and that she is happy to work there… and that they work with Tesla quite a bit.
I applied to refinance and it stopped cold at "this loan is over 100k".

As a follow up to my post when I received my Model X, I had some mild door alignment concerns as well as a few other concerns.

10,000 foot view: My experience at the West Palm Beach service center was overall great***! My passenger side falcon wing door was most prominently out of alignment (and only by a few millimeters at that), but they got it *literally* perfect (see pic).

***Now to add some nuance: My service center guy point man up front gave me a bit of a cold shoulder and downplayed my concerns (I was very mild and I wondered if maybe he was used to pushy unreasonable customers?). For example, I specifically told him both side FWD were not perfectly aligned and I would like them BOTH adjusted, though the passenger side was worse. He was basically like “well, FWD are hard to do, so, we’ll do the passenger side.” (Paraphrase)
So before even looking at the X he told me he’s only going to ask the tech to adjust the passenger side. Literally.

I don’t like to argue or be a d**k so I was like oh well to myself and just felt super sad.

Now to be fair, the driver side FWD alignment was almost perfect straight from the factory. But ugh it’s not quite right, and doesn’t anybody take pride in doing excellent work let alone caring about the customer???

Then later that day, my service guy point man called me to say my Model X was ready. I arrived and the passenger side FWD which had been slightly too low was now obviously about 1/2 cm too high. I tried to contain my immense disappointment but I told him I really was hoping for the FWD alignment to be better than THAT. He was defensive (again I was soft spoken, and making agreeable comments, and being deferential) and he said how it’s hard to get the FWDs right. I finally said ‘yeah I know, it’s just that you know everybody says oh Teslas have bad panel alignment and that bothers me.’ He warmed up to me and I think it was basically because I was telling him “we’re on the same team here buddy.”

He agreed to have the techs redo the door alignment. Meanwhile service center was waiting on a new seat cover (service Ctr mgr gave me a look of death for asking for that to be replaced due to wrinkles, but I had broken the ice with my point man and he apparently looked up the Tesla specs and showed the mgr that one of my seats was validly out of spec)

By the way, my service center point man had been dismissive of the mild gps off-track issue, and so I didn’t even push that because it works even if the car is typically showing slightly off to the side of the road on the map.

Anyway, since my guy agreed to have the techs redo the passenger FWD alignment, I left the Model X there.

Oh and btw I had asked them to check the alignment. Well turns out the tech simply drove it around and concluded the alignment was good because it wasn’t pulling in any direction. I kid you not. So I did push them that I have read about brand new model X’s having alignment issues and I want a real alignment check. My guy said ok but that’ll be $120sh. I was like ok, I’m willing to pay because I just want to know it’s safe and I’m not damaging my tires. (The alignment was not where it should be and they ended up adjusting it, but still charged me). Idk that kinda is not a positive feedback loop approach to customer service y’all. I didn’t complain; in fact I thanked them for doing the alignment. D**n.

Anyway when they finally got the one seat cover in that they were going to replace, they did so and I got to pick up my Model X. It was maybe 3-4 days at the service center total. Not too bad and after the first day I had a loaner Model 3 which was a remarkably fun car to drive, though very dirty inside and out (I took it to a car wash and also cleaned the inside including scrubbing the seats which were filthy).

Oh and the new replaced seat cover is darn near just as wrinkled if not worse and in multiple locations. But it isn’t horrible. And before I even looked at it they assured me it’ll flatten out over time. 🤷🏼‍♂️ I simply said thank you.

The biggest win was the FWD alignment on the passenger side, which as I said at the start, they did a super good job the second time around!

Anyway after I told them thank you (and by the end they were all very pleasant, and I should mention that there was a lady there who was very pleasant from the first moment I spoke with her), and left, the Tesla app offered an opportunity to write feedback. I wrote something like what I’ve just written here, but the “submit” button wouldn’t work LOL HAHA. So I ultra summarized and said how much I appreciated them, and only said one critical thing — that the service Ctr mgr was initially a bit standoff-ish but warmed up by the end.

lol

I love my Model X!
3E7AD012-1CCB-43DD-B4A9-F8C236E196DB.jpeg

Last edited:
Recommend getting the alignment checked. I experienced the same thing. It felt fine on the highway, no drift either direction, but I felt it was just too thirsty. Had the alignment check and was told the caster was a bit off and adjusted. The improved energy utilization was remarkable. A test run at 80 mph gave me 310 wh/mile. 55 more like 220 Wh/mile. Unfortunately there is no energy graph available any more, so you have to keep resetting the current trip. But the impact of the alignment change was terrific.
Actually, there is an energy graph - use voice commands to get it. Try saying "Display Energy graph". I find that using voice commands can be a bit finicky - I talk up to the left where I think the microphone is otherwise it doesn't even recognize a command. [Edit: just realized that I'm still on 2022.16 compared to yours]. I looked at mine and it was below the numbers you're quoting, so I'll keep an eye on it for the moment and see what I get. Thanks for the info!

Actually, there is an energy graph - use voice commands to get it. Try saying "Display Energy graph". I find that using voice commands can be a bit finicky - I talk up to the left where I think the microphone is otherwise it doesn't even recognize a command. [Edit: just realized that I'm still on 2022.16 compared to yours]. I looked at mine and it was below the numbers you're quoting, so I'll keep an eye on it for the moment and see what I get. Thanks for the info!
Nope. That used to work on 2022.16.x, but since 2022.20.x, it only provides "command not available."

Reactions: MorrisonHiker
Would like to know the same thing. Also where do people go for wraps/PPF in this area?
If you're around DFW, the best places I've found - Speedshield, and Alset. My Model 3 was wrapped at Alset and I got a 10% discount for a full body X (which is like $650, almost offset my Model 3 wrap entirely) and they did a great job. Speedshield is more expensive but I found Alset had better service.