Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sorry, couldn't resist. ;)
Would prefer to get recommendations from this community than generic reviews on google. I hear Tesla insurance costs are bit higher in general. Wondering if there are any particular preferences for insurances when it comes to Tesla

Is anyone else having trouble uploading insurance info on the app?
Every time I enter the expiration date of my auto policy, the field in the android app just stays red and says "Expiration date must be present". No matter how many times I enter it through the popup, it just continues to be blank with that error message. Anyone else see this?

Never mind, you actually have to click Done. Strange.
^

Spoke to Tesla via the 888 number today. The lady confirmed that some Model X's are showing matrix LED on the spec sheet. Can anyone else confirm this?
This has been reported enough times that matrix lights being on a spec sheet is probably true...BUT...no one has reported seeing actual matrix lights on a Model X. We can only speculate that they will become a reality at some point.

Sure would be nice if we could get that spec sheet in writing. Use it as ammo that our car is not as listed once the matrix finally start rolling out so we could maybe get a retrofit.

Kinda like how on the training videos they list the key fobs as implied that you'd get them with the car.

Bleh

Retrofit is very unlikely. There's a guy out there who bought the matrix LED part for the M3 and has been trying to graft it onto a pre-matrix car. He had to make his own ECU to convert the high-low beam wiring signal into something the matrix unit could handle. Meaning: the wiring back to the main computer isn't capable of carying the information, at least as far as we know. Also, the matrix lights have been out for other models for a long time and no retrofits have been offered.

Well, today is August 1st, and my EDD stays stuck on Aug 1 - Aug 22
I'm getting antsy, to say the least. I'm fully expecting Tesla to push back my EDD window.

How often do they get to the start of the EDD without any update to the window?

Retrofit is very unlikely. There's a guy out there who bought the matrix LED part for the M3 and has been trying to graft it onto a pre-matrix car. He had to make his own ECU to convert the high-low beam wiring signal into something the matrix unit could handle. Meaning: the wiring back to the main computer isn't capable of carying the information, at least as far as we know. Also, the matrix lights have been out for other models for a long time and no retrofits have been offered.
Who cares that much about matrix headlights? It blows me away sometimes how much spare time some folks have on their hands, I'm jealous! 😂

Who cares that much about matrix headlights? It blows me away sometimes how much spare time some folks have on their hands, I'm jealous! 😂
This thread, which now is comprised of 1935 pages, is nothing but people with spare time waiting out the delivery of their vehicles. If we didn't have spare time we couldn't come here as often as we do. 😉 Including yourself. 😉😉

Matrix Swap has been confirmed to be working as plug and play ... however you do need a tech with level 3 access to change the headlight configuration to matrix led. I also read over the weekend that another owner tried to get this done with a level 3 mobile tech but the configuration change was greyed out for him.

Just got off the 800 line into Tesla. After 5 years of multiple Tesla vehicles all I have seen is customer service going south. This gentleman told me they stopped giving key fobs for Model X because people were not using it. I wonder what is the preferred way for people to open close falcon doors and the hatch as they stopped using key fob. I think this is the standard line for things that they remove (starting with lumbar support for passenger in Model 3), to cut cost and improve the bottom line. After spending so much on a vehicle and then being asked to pay another $175 for key fob is a bummer. BTW, this is for a vehicle with mfg date of 7/25 (VIN ...355xxx) and it does not have Matrix lights.

• Love
Reactions: Elixir
Just got off the 800 line into Tesla. After 5 years of multiple Tesla vehicles all I have seen is customer service going south. This gentleman told me they stopped giving key fobs for Model X because people were not using it. I wonder what is the preferred way for people to open close falcon doors and the hatch as they stopped using key fob.
You can use the app for that.