Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
That's odd. On the 3 and Y you can open any door and the trunk w/o interacting with the app. Frunk requires the interacting with the app to open it.

I guess you misunderstood what Elixir meant. You can certainly open the FWD without interacting with the app. You just press the door handle when the phone is in your pocket. What Elixir meant is you cannot open it remotely without interacting with the app.

Also, Model 3s are being delivered with and without Matrix headlights. Reading the threads, it depends on if they were available.

Also, the Tesla matrix headlights do not seem to have the software necessary to do all of the functions that you read about in other matrix headlight systems. Someone said Tesla purchased just the base matrix light and is writing their own controlling software and incorporating that into their system controllers, when they get around to it.
Yep - I can confirm this. My dad recently took delivery of a new M3 LR and when I was there last weekend, I looked and it has the projector in each headlight (so presumably, it was built with matrix headlights). But before I discovered this, I was under the impression it was exclusive to certain trims. But that appears to not be the case.

Reactions: jboy210
got quote for tinting this morning - everything besides the windshield would be $559, and the windshield (clear film) would be another $400… never thought I’d be spending a thousand dollars on tinting…
So what windows dId you tint? The front sides are really the only ones that need it. 559 is roughly what I paid for the front sides only, Xpel XR plus. The front windshield is a real SOB, 400 sounds like a bargain to me.

Last edited:
I just got the text to schedule delivery! Right in the middle of my honeymoon. Aug 13-15 are my options for delivery. There is no way I can move the trip at this point since we leave in a week. Does anyone have any experience with setting up a power of attorney to have someone accept delivery on your behalf? I’m going to try and call Mt Kisco in the morning to see if they will allow me to pick a different day to accept delivery. If not I have no other option other than PoA 😭or they just say sucks to be you and I lose the Model X

I just got the text to schedule delivery! Right in the middle of my honeymoon. Aug 13-15 are my options for delivery. There is no way I can move the trip at this point since we leave in a week. Does anyone have any experience with setting up a power of attorney to have someone accept delivery on your behalf? I’m going to try and call Mt Kisco in the morning to see if they will allow me to pick a different day to accept delivery. If not I have no other option other than PoA 😭or they just say sucks to be you and I lose the Model X
Can you pay for it? Tesla may be more inclined to hold it for a while, if you paid for it.

Reactions: timberlights
I’ll say unless your CT reservation is in the first few thousands and your config happens to be the one Tesla produces first, your chance of getting your CT next year is slim to none. Before you know it, you’ll be a member of the next mega thread forum, “CT waiting room” and complaining about the same thing all over again.

I truly believe that Tesla finally figured out Model X production judging from the quality of recent deliveries. It’s just they can’t over produce Model X because it’s a relatively low demand compared to their other models. Be patient. I think our cars are coming sooner or later (hopefully sooner).
Well according to the tracker I’m in the first 4000

Doesn’t look like matrix.

I know everyone is under the impression matrix lights (or something similar to the current model S) is coming out for the model X, but I don’t think so. They have already upgraded the front headlights they work much better on the 2022’s and the rear taillights have already received the new charging port. Unlike other manufacturers Tesla is unpredictable and it is possible they release two different sets of headlights in a year. I doubt it however.
Agreed- I think this is the situation. Many, many SAs reported that the MX headlights appeared to be new, and they assumed they were matrix. My SA was one of many. They were all wrong about them being "matrix" headlights, but the fact that they all seemed to noticed a difference was interesting.

Couple that with the countless old-gen MX owners who took delivery of a recent '22 and noticed a difference, I think this case is pretty much closed.

Remember, no matrix-equipped vehicle actually has matrix functionality. There is rampant speculation that this might never happen with the current crop of vehicles.

So what windows dId you tint? The front sides are really the only ones that need it. 559 is roughly what I paid for the front sides only, Xpel XR plus. The front windshield is a real SOB, 400 sounds like a bargain to me.
559 should be everything but the front windshield, they only gave me 3 options - without windshield is 559, the glass on top of the drive and front passenger is 200, or they can include the full windshield for 400

559 should be everything but the front windshield, they only gave me 3 options - without windshield is 559, the glass on top of the drive and front passenger is 200, or they can include the full windshield for 400
I didn’t need any of the top or rears, the factory tint was fine. It was $275 each for the front sides. Given the complexity, I would expect the front to approach another 1,000 or so. Illegal in my state anyway, so I didn’t even ask.

Agreed- I think this is the situation. Many, many SAs reported that the MX headlights appeared to be new, and they assumed they were matrix. My SA was one of many. They were all wrong about them being "matrix" headlights, but the fact that they all seemed to noticed a difference was interesting.

Couple that with the countless old-gen MX owners who took delivery of a recent '22 and noticed a difference, I think this case is pretty much closed.

Remember, no matrix-equipped vehicle actually has matrix functionality. There is rampant speculation that this might never happen with the current crop of vehicles.
Anyone know if there is a new part number for the supposedly better headlights? Seems like that would settle this discussion on if there is a newer version.