Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
For the rattling, we found the issue - it was from the driver’s side captain chair, guess it was not bolted down well enough.
Oh no!! Didn't follow @Stro's delivery checklist i guess! :)

1659996113062.png

It is nice to see Tesla is improving on their quality control. Bolts are now present. They just need to work on tightening them.

Last edited:
Updated time frame.

August 2 (Tuesday) - got VIN (original order date May 6, 2021)
August 4 (Thursday) - got notice of "your Model X has just departed from our factory and is in transit to your delivery center"
(I have always been told that you don't want a vehicle assembled on a Friday afternoon or a Monday morning)
August 8 (Monday) - got notice of "Congratulations, it's your turn to schedule your Model X for delivery. Select your tentative appointment now at ..."
August 18-20 - three-day window offered for appointments. This compares to the still showing EDD of August 17-21.
Appointment webpage: "Appointments last 15 minutes." Available times are hourly 10:00 am to 3:00 pm, but my local store is new and not yet busy.

Transport is from Fremont to Virginia.
Very happy to see you get a cream interior with a May 2021 order date. Hoping when they deliver to the west coast, I get mine as well.

Last edited:
Reactions: Elixir
Oh no!! Didn't follow @Stro's delivery checklist i guess! :)

View attachment 838256

It is nice to see Tesla is improving on their quality control. Bolts are now present. They just need to work on tightening them.
Haha, I made sure I couldn’t pull the chair out but I forgot to bring my tools to check how tight the bolts were.

Also forgot to bring my hammer to check if all the glasses were strong enough

• Funny
Reactions: Elixir and Jim J.
I ordered a 7 seater LR in May 2021. I didn't fill out the profile completely because I didn't want them to run a credit score in May 2021 for a car that may not be delivered for a year. Also I wanted to wait until they assigned a VIN to decide if I want to finance or just purchase it depending on where the interest rates would be whenever the VIN is assigned. It's not as if I could lock in the rate had I completed the profile anyways.

Fast forward a year later, I call them in June 2022 to ask what's the delay. They say to complete the profile which could make it get assigned quicker and they reassured me I can always change financing options later.

Now it's August 2022 and I see other cars with the same configuration being delivered on the West Coast, some who ordered months after mine. They tell me that it's because my profile was not completed until June 2022.

Asked to speak to multiple people, escalated this (which got rejected) and also sent an email to [email protected] since the terms and agreement never explicitly said my order would just be "on hold" until profile is completed. Seems like searching back on this forum it was also known by other customers but not well published or stated in the actual order confirmation page. I also told them they charged and collected the deposit, how was I supposed to know my order was not complete.

There was nothing in the webpage or order agreement that said I had to complete a profile to be in a queue to get my car built. So now it's essentially as if I ordered in June 2022 rather than May 2021. I could potentially get the longest delivery timeframe in history from date of order to delivery which is so idiotic based on how Tesla manages reservations/orders.

I ordered a 7 seater LR in May 2021. I didn't fill out the profile completely because I didn't want them to run a credit score in May 2021 for a car that may not be delivered for a year. Also I wanted to wait until they assigned a VIN to decide if I want to finance or just purchase it depending on where the interest rates would be whenever the VIN is assigned. It's not as if I could lock in the rate had I completed the profile anyways.

Fast forward a year later, I call them in June 2022 to ask what's the delay. They say to complete the profile which could make it get assigned quicker and they reassured me I can always change financing options later.

Now it's August 2022 and I see other cars with the same configuration being delivered on the West Coast, some who ordered months after mine. They tell me that it's because my profile was not completed until June 2022.

Asked to speak to multiple people, escalated this (which got rejected) and also sent an email to [email protected] since the terms and agreement never explicitly said my order would just be "on hold" until profile is completed. Seems like searching back on this forum it was also known by other customers but not well published or stated in the actual order confirmation page. I also told them they charged and collected the deposit, how was I supposed to know my order was not complete.

There was nothing in the webpage or order agreement that said I had to complete a profile to be in a queue to get my car built. So now it's essentially as if I ordered in June 2022 rather than May 2021. I could potentially get the longest delivery timeframe in history from date of order to delivery which is so idiotic based on how Tesla manages reservations/orders.
Yep, they don't really publicize this but my SA confirmed this was the case when I reached out to check on my order. Thankfully, I placed my order on 5/31/21 and completed my profile in mid-July of last year, so it could've been a LOT worse. But I agree completely with you - total BS that they use profile completion date vs. order date considering the latter is when they take your money. It makes ZERO sense.

Reactions: timberlights
My MX pickup appointment is now scheduled for August 15 in Devon PA.

A somewhat tangential question. I have had AAA my entire life (a vestige of my parents - and I just did what they did). With my new MX and my wife's 2021 MY, do I need AAA? Can AAA do anything for a Tesla? Do they have mobile emergency charging vehicles?

Sutes
Awesome. It's nice hearing deliveries to the east coast. I have similar order as yours on July 21. Current EDD is Aug 20 - Sep 10. Sounds like I'm getting it soon.

Reactions: SubtractEm
At least you know your profile completion date. I went to a local SC and asked someone there if I could find out the profile completion date and they just said "why?" As if it didn't matter.

To be fair though, only half of May '21 orders are delivered so far. What is your EDD?

Let us know if you make any progress on that as I agree profile completion seems completely irrelevant.

Absolutely stupidity. To me when they accepted our deposit and sent us the MVOA should be counted as order date. Anything else can be taken care of when they have a VIN for our orders. Profile completion garbage is just totally cow sh!t.

Reactions: tierneyalvin
At least you know your profile completion date. I went to a local SC and asked someone there if I could find out the profile completion date and they just said "why?" As if it didn't matter.

To be fair though, only half of May '21 orders are delivered so far. What is your EDD?

Let us know if you make any progress on that as I agree profile completion seems completely irrelevant.
EDD is currently Oct 18-Dec 13 2022. The EDD was changing (at first later, then earlier) so I didn't even bother completing the profile until recently.

Any other suggestions? I've asked them to put a notation on my account that I can pretty much take delivery of any 7 seater LR. Hopefully it won't be a reject if a car does become available.

I live in California and I confirmed with an EECU that I can lock in a rate of 72 months @ 1.99% - planning on submitting loan end of August which can probably get me through until end of November.

Reactions: cnnn____
EDD is currently Oct 18-Dec 13 2022. The EDD was changing (at first later, then earlier) so I didn't even bother completing the profile until recently.

Any other suggestions? I've asked them to put a notation on my account that I can pretty much take delivery of any 7 seater LR. Hopefully it won't be a reject if a car does become available.

I live in California and I confirmed with an EECU that I can lock in a rate of 72 months @ 1.99% - planning on submitting loan end of August which can probably get me through until end of November.
What Credit union? Cali only?