Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I made a small change to the sheet so the order column under historical data points now goes off of the actual order date instead of the date the order was added to the sheet. I also exclude Cancelled orders. This makes it a little easier to see what the backlog is over time. This should probably be taken with a grain of salt as more recent orders are less likely to be entered in the sheet since those people haven't been waiting so long, and are not as desperate for info :)

1660232028873.png

Just got VIN 7SAX this morning. No email just got a text message.
Now EDD: Aug 14-18
Previous EDD: Aug 28 - Sep 3
Order from Northern Virginia.
Order Date - April 2021; 7 Seater; Long Range; Blue; FSD
I'm June 2021 order from NoVA as well! I guess I missed the cutoff for a batch or something. EDD stuck on Oct 13 - Dec 8 :(. Please update with the delivery experience and quality of the vehicle when the time comes! If you don't mind that is haha

Reactions: Elixir
Mine was Feb. 2021 so why this VIN is yours not mine?? No envy Just thinking loudly bro! ;)
Might be due to you being West Coast and I'm midwest, given that it's month 2 of the quarter. Configurations are a little different as well. All speculation, as we all know there's absolutely no rhyme or reason to the deliveries. We've witnessed it for almost a year, since they first started delivering the refreshed X.

Reactions: Driver 8 and Jim J.
A tesla rep called me yesterday to explain that the profile completion date wasn't necessarily going to hold back the order and that I was given the wrong information by a different tesla rep. It may have delayed a little but shouldn't be by that much. Not sure whom to believe at this point or if there's any truth to what he's saying.

I told him that I don't mind waiting as long as it's fair - if orders are processed numerically. What really pissed me off is seeing other people in CA get their 7 seaters LR even though they ordered after me and them telling me it was because my profile was incomplete. He said it could also be due to a lucky "match" if the car was built and the original owner declined so another person got theirs sooner.

As we all know Tesla doesn't really care about customer service since demand is so high.

A tesla rep called me yesterday to explain that the profile completion date wasn't necessarily going to hold back the order and that I was given the wrong information by a different tesla rep. It may have delayed a little but shouldn't be by that much. Not sure whom to believe at this point or if there's any truth to what he's saying.

I told him that I don't mind waiting as long as it's fair - if orders are processed numerically. What really pissed me off is seeing other people in CA get their 7 seaters LR even though they ordered after me and them telling me it was because my profile was incomplete. He said it could also be due to a lucky "match" if the car was built and the original owner declined so another person got theirs sooner.

As we all know Tesla doesn't really care about customer service since demand is so high.
This would be tremendous news if true

For my case it was explained differently. My order was in Apr. 2021
1660242642267.png