Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Refreshed 2021+ Model X and Model X Plaid waiting room

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just some updates etc. Delivery center in Cleveland was great understood only have 100 miles to find defects and had 120 mile ride hom They let me inspect inside and out as long as I wanted. Spent about 45 min. Only 1 other Delivery at the time. No other X I could see readily available but didn't check whole lot.
1) Most all things fixed including door alignment, seatbelt buckle they was below rear most seat, scratch on handle was just glue, left is new trim dor Right FWD he said they do use 2 sided tape for these....wtf? And the tailight cover we're waiting for replacement but already scheduled mobile service for 09/07.
2) For driving compared to 2021 MY. Yoke....such a non issue was little worried but get used to it pretty quickly. Something I actually live are blinker buttons. I can hold yokenw 1 hand and blinker w that hand so much easier. Tight turns are a little more difficult at first but within a week you get the hang of it.
3) Ride quality is great. So much quieter. I know some ppl mentioned a sound by there ears I say make sure ventilated seats aren't on that makes a noticeable noise. ANC works but you have to have head close to headrest to notice it.
4) Love suspension and setting auto suspension high for driveway lips, speedbumps, etc.
5) I got charger, no fobs and kept Model Y charger as well.
6) Don't miss energy graph w newer software the range predicted is actually accurate if not slightly over cautious. Even checks if you are charging your phone to predict range. Can use trip to see watt/mi but Haig not really eeded. As said before when gps in ise has constant showing of estimated energy remaining on arrival.

April 8 / 2021 order (which changed to March 23 / 2021 - yes, after a color change)

EDD just updated this afternoon. This looks like the QTR end push is here

was - October 5 - November 16
now - September 10 - October 15

LR - Red / White / 6 / Default wheels / FSD - CA - Bay Area - home delivery
Exact same specs as you up in WA except ordered May 10, 2021. Now, the same EDD.

Was Sep 26 - Nov 21
Then Sep 16 - Oct 28
Now Sep 10 - Oct 15

Just FYI, the guy doing my PPF told me that an area that was 'touched up' on my rear trunk was not actually touch up paint, it was WHITE OUT. Instead of waiting for Tesla to fix this, he went ahead and applied real 3 coats of Tesla touch up and wet sanding it. Barely noticeable now and I guarantee you did a better job than Tesla without replacing the entire panel.

Be careful when inspecting your car!

6) Don't miss energy graph w newer software the range predicted is actually accurate if not slightly over cautious. Even checks if you are charging your phone to predict range. Can use trip to see watt/mi but Haig not really eeded. As said before when gps in ise has constant showing of estimated energy remaining on arrival.
Which software version did this come in at? So do you have the battery indicator indicate range instead of percentage? Or is it just the prediction % on the navigation?

Updated (deliver process):
08/10/22 - got VIN ------ EDD given Aug 28-Sept 3?
08/13/22 - “departed factory” ------ EDD given Aug 23-Aug 30
08/20/22 - “schedule delivery email/text” ------ options Aug 29-30 (Choose 30th)
08/23/22 - I got a text August 23rd "your Model X is slightly delayed in transit..." ----- deliver Sept 3rd

08/30/22 - Got a text "Your new X has arrived onsite, passed inspection and been detailed....earlier pick up?"

09/01/22 - pick up scheduled for 11am today

Update (Trade In process):
21' M3P (Black/White)
Tesla Range 42k to 50k
CarMax = 56k
Carvana = 59.8k (expires Sept. 8th)
Vroom = 59k (expired August 28th)

Kept carvana pick up date of Sept 3rd.

Which software version did this come in at? So do you have the battery indicator indicate range instead of percentage? Or is it just the prediction % on the navigation?
I cannot answer the software version question (it doesn't really matter). You set the instrument cluster tank gauge to read miles, or %, your choice. If showing %, the number is the true % full, 0 to 100%. If set to miles, it is basically a made up number that does not relate to the distance you can drive. Basically the 100% value is the EPA rated range of the vehicle. % energy is a much easier number to deal with IMO.

Tesla used to provide an energy graph that was quite accurate. It took actual usage into account. But Tesla removed it from all the 2022.20.x versions of the software. I sure hope they bring that back, because right now, there are no energy management tools available on the Model X. If you are navigating to a destination, the mileage estimates in the Nav screens are accurate. But actually I drive with no destination set, most of the time.

Todays the day! My husband is sitting at the SC in Colorado Springs awaiting his appt time. For those of you out there frustrated I totally understand. It’s been 16 months, we hit our EDD three times to just have it extended over and over. I’ve seen others with the same config and later order date get their cars. We’ve been a one car family for three months as well. I’ve gone thru all the stages, disappointment, anger, frustration, and wanting to just give up and find something else. Kept my hopes up reading other’s posts about how the wait is worth it. So keep your heads up my friends still in the queue, your turn is near.
My first view of my car!

Attachments

• CE122ED9-81A8-423A-B97C-0BE6E14E551A.jpeg
    CE122ED9-81A8-423A-B97C-0BE6E14E551A.jpeg
    619 KB · Views: 114
Todays the day! My husband is sitting at the SC in Colorado Springs awaiting his appt time. For those of you out there frustrated I totally understand. It’s been 16 months, we hit our EDD three times to just have it extended over and over. I’ve seen others with the same config and later order date get their cars. We’ve been a one car family for three months as well. I’ve gone thru all the stages, disappointment, anger, frustration, and wanting to just give up and find something else. Kept my hopes up reading other’s posts about how the wait is worth it. So keep your heads up my friends still in the queue, your turn is near.
My first view of my car!
Congratulation. I’ve dealt with that SC before they were great to work with.

As was said all 2022.20.x and up have this. Basically what I'm saying is that the car has gotten so good at predicting range (ie remaining % at destination arrival) that the energy graph is not needed anymore. Also when you have a destination in gps it constantly shows how much battery will be remaining on arrival to that destination. In my Y it would frequently be off by 5-15% for a trip so seeing the energy graph and where you are comparing to what Tesla thought you would be was useful.

Reactions: EV3_
So after changing the exterior color on Tuesday to white and removing 22” wheels I got a vin today. Original order date June 2021. Edd was sep 11-oct 2. Crazy how things happen. There is no set way of getting your vin. Im in Socal
Congrats!! yea really random, but hopeful with your earlier Edd’s hint that mine is close! I’m already rocking white exterior, 20’’ wheels, and the socal delivery area on my order anyways ;)

So after changing the exterior color on Tuesday to white and removing 22” wheels I got a vin today. Original order date June 2021. Edd was sep 11-oct 2. Crazy how things happen. There is no set way of getting your vin. Im in Socal
I think the color is key here... white is the most popular color (since it's free) and I bet they build a lot more of them. So when you changed to white, since they have additional units, they are able to allocate something to you. I thought about this myself, but ended up sticking with MSM.

I’m not entirely sold color being a factor. I have a white exterior white interior 7 seater LR with 20” wheels.

I keep getting excuses that because I have so many basic features that my build would be delayed because it’s more popular. I asked them if I was flexible on color and wheels if I could get my car quicker since I locked in a crazy rate of 1.99% at 72 months with an eecu but it only lasts 90 days. They said changing it doesn’t make a difference but who knows.

I check the app multiple times a day. Who knew buying a car could be so stressful.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crimsonsteel23